Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Cletus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:13 pm

eCat wrote:if you guys are in favor of such things, today would be a good day to click on one of the many available links around the net and tell whoever that you support net neutrality.

I think its will be a moot point in 7 years or so when the internet is beamed into everyone's home and hard line connections are a thing of the past but for not its pretty important.
I took care of this by voting for the correct people. Thankfully, at the local and state level, those people won and will vote the right way.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:58 pm

bluetick wrote:But what about all of the other many countries you like better than the left? Couldn't you have sold America out to the orientals instead? The Dutch? Somebody who doesn't invade their neighbors and murder their critics and journalists?
Please. The Westetn Left absolutely ADORED the Russians during Cold War. Today you get morally outraged when Putin invaded part of Ukraine, and rightly so. But the Left never seemed to get nearly as distraught when the Communist Russians didn't just invade a piece of Ukraine, but ALL of Ukraine. Neither did the Left get upset when the Communist Russians that invaded all of Poland, all of Czechoslovakia, all of Hungary, half of Germany, all of Bulgaria, all of Romania, etc etc etc. Where was your outrage back then?

Today you are upset at the Russians' "murdering critics and journalists" and rightly so. But during Cold War, the Communist Russians did that by the tens of millions. Remember Solzhenitsyn's "Gulag Archipelago"? It was just bursting at the seams with imprisoned and dead "critics and journalists." But back then, the Western Left never got their panties in a wad about that. To the contrary, during the Cold War, the Western Left treated the Communist Russians like schoolgirls treated the Beatles at Shea Stadium. Democrat Senate Majority Leader Ted Kennedy even colluded with the Communist Russians against his own sitting President, Ronald Reagan.

You Leftist only started hating Russians when they stopped sharing with you a mutual religious devotion to Marxism, and instead went for nationalism. But if you are now, all of a sudden, offended by Russian aggression and repression, then you are welcome to the party, belatedly, I guess.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Cletus wrote:
eCat wrote:if you guys are in favor of such things, today would be a good day to click on one of the many available links around the net and tell whoever that you support net neutrality.

I think its will be a moot point in 7 years or so when the internet is beamed into everyone's home and hard line connections are a thing of the past but for not its pretty important.
I took care of this by voting for the correct people. Thankfully, at the local and state level, those people won and will vote the right way.

net neutrality wasn't a deciding factor for me in choosing a president in comparison to me paying thousands more in health care and seeing millions of people compete for wages against Mexicans.

so I guess I voted for the right people too.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 pm

eCAT, is the main threat to net neutrality large corporations who want to make more money? Or is it about the content on the internet, and suppression of points of view?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Meet the Trump regretters, who wish they could change their vote

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/meet-tru ... 38043.html
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:50 pm

You didn't read yer own post, idiot..

The Yahoo Finance survey included 25,271 people who said they voted for Trump for president. About 83% of them said they were satisfied with Trump’s performance so far, and 73% said they felt they’d be helped by policies Trump has backed as president. So Trump’s so-called base remains more or less intact
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:53 pm

If you don't regret voting for Trump, something inside of you is broken.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:57 pm

I didn't vote for Trump, but now I wish I had. His effect on the Democrats and MSM has been glorious, and would have been worth a Trump vote all by itself.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Cletus wrote:If you don't regret voting for Trump, something inside of you is broken.
nope

I reserve the right to change my mind but so far I'm perfectly fine

and besides, I enjoy seeing the west and east coast people shitting their pants because they can't have their way
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Correct.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:06 pm

I thought the correct response to Russia fear-mongering was the "The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back" Obama zinger...
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:eCAT, is the main threat to net neutrality large corporations who want to make more money? Or is it about the content on the internet, and suppression of points of view?

about 75% of all high speed internet is delivered to consumers in America via a cable and those cable companies "own" the last mile of internet coverage so to speak. And net nuetrality tells them they have to give equal coverage to their own stuff, this site, netflix and whatever else is consuming bandwidth.

So tomorrow I could start the next Ali-baba out of my garage and become a millionaire but if net neutrality is dissolved then providers can create a tiered system just like cable TV where people would have to pay more to get to certain URLs and access certain content

In addition they could be separated out by consumption - like reaching the capacity of watching videos on your internet plan, or them not allowing you to post comments , whatever they want really.

Imagine this
[img2]https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus ... gram.0.jpg[/img2]

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Good explanation. Thanks. That graphic is a powerful salesman.
aTm wrote:I thought the correct response to Russia fear-mongering was the "The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back" Obama zinger...
A better response to Russia fear-mongering would be, "Senator McCarthy called, and he wants his Red Scare back."

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:32 pm

heres the rub though

as a capitalist and libertarian, people should be conflicted on this because the government is dictating to business how they should sell and provide access

now one could argue that since the government was instrumental in creating and funding the internet then they should be able to regulate how its delivered while companies still rake in huge profits from it

and one could argue that the internet is so vital it should be regulated as a utility

but the reality is that people are just used to being able to do anything they want on the internet without any restriction and with streaming killing the cable industry, they want their cake (free content without paying for it) and eat it to (with relatively cheap, high speed internet that isn't restricted). Time Warner and Comcast (who provides the lionshare of high speed internet) knows their cable tiered system has a shelf life of about 5 years and then the jig is up unless they can break net neutrality and create a tiered system just like cable TV

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Good explanation. Thanks. That graphic is a powerful salesman.
aTm wrote:I thought the correct response to Russia fear-mongering was the "The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back" Obama zinger...
A better response to Russia fear-mongering would be, "Senator McCarthy called, and he wants his Red Scare back."
The Donald Jr. thing is a bit silly - some host on NPR this morning was asking why it wasn't treason and even the liberal guest there to attack Trump Jr. had to reign him in.

Would people be up in arms had he met with a Canadian diplomat who had dirt on Hillary?

Why isn't the issue that Hillary had dirt on her in the first place, moreso than someone was using it against her.

and secondly, why isn't anyone up in arms about this discredited dossier that was created to sell fictitious lies about Trump thru a DNC clearinghouse? What is being said about Hillary is true for god's sake.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:01 pm

eCat wrote:Would people be up in arms had he met with a Canadian diplomat who had dirt on Hillary?

Why isn't the issue that Hillary had dirt on her in the first place, moreso than someone was using it against her.

and secondly, why isn't anyone up in arms about this discredited dossier that was created to sell fictitious lies about Trump thru a DNC clearinghouse? What is being said about Hillary is true for god's sake.
Exactly. The Left has spent the last 20 years ignoring the rampant criminality and lies of Democrats, and now they suddenly become high-minded Puritans when it comes to Trump?

When Al Gore was doing lucrative fund raisers at Buddhist temples, they didn't care.
When Charlie Trie and John Huang were openly raising illegal campaign funds from China for the Clintons, they didn't care.
When the Clintons were auctioning off the Lincoln bedroom, they didn't care.
When Bill was banging interns in the Oval Office, they didn't care.
When Bill looked America square in the face and said, "I did not..have... sexual... relations... with that woman..." they didn't care.
When Bill lied under oath about his banging interns in the Oval Office, they didn't care.
When Obama's Attorney General had a secret meeting on a tarmac and briefed the husband of the target of a criminal investigation, they didn't care.
When Obama's IRS was caught targeting conservative groups for harassment, they didn't care.
When nobody at the IRS was punished for targeting conservative groups for harassment, they didn't care.
When Obama's IRS suddenly "accidentally" deleted thousands of emails subpeona'd by the investigation into the IRS targeting conservative groups for harassment, they didn't care.
When the entire foreign policy team of the Obama administration spent a whole week saying Benghazi was caused by a youtbe video, and that was proven to be a bald-faced lie, they didn't care.
When the DNC was caught rigging the primary against Bernie by giving Hillary the questions in a debate, they didn't care.
When Hillary blatantly lied when she said her homebrew server was authorized, and everybody did it, they didn't care.
When Hillary intentionally deleted tens of thousands of emails, all under subpeona, all required to be archived by federal law, they didn't care.
When Hillary said she never sent or received emails marked as classified, and that proved to be a lie, they didn't care.

All that lying and corruption by Democrats spanning 20 years certainly didn't offend their morals enough to keep them from voting for the Empress Dowager of lying and corruption last November. If they can do that, then I think I can make my peace with Trump Jr. taking a meeting from a Russian adoption lawyer about dirt on Hillary during a presidential campaign.

Definitely. Every day and twice on Sunday.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am

eCat wrote:
DooKSucks wrote:

I'm sure Trump will be in favor of Net Neutrality...

no, I"m sure he's against it. He appointed a guy who is in the pocket of Time Warner and Verizon.
You didn't catch the sarcasm...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am

eCat wrote:
crashcourse wrote:buit I agree the day is coming where we do everything by worldwide wifi and instead of cable and dish we will be subscribing to nation wide or world wide wifi providers whom, provide us our streaming services
the flip side of that is if Net Neutrality fails, it will expedite providers like Google to continue expanding their 1gb fiber network beyond a few select cities, and while I'm sure they'll be proprietary in their search results and other things, they would totally undercut Time Warner/Comcast and the others to allow people unrestricted access to the internet.

The issue would be politicians preventing Google from running fiber or setting up wireless networks (satellites in space?) to these communities.
Raleigh and Charlotte both have Google Fiber. Lucky bastards.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:25 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
bluetick wrote:But what about all of the other many countries you like better than the left? Couldn't you have sold America out to the orientals instead? The Dutch? Somebody who doesn't invade their neighbors and murder their critics and journalists?
Please. The Westetn Left absolutely ADORED the Russians during Cold War. Today you get morally outraged when Putin invaded part of Ukraine, and rightly so. But the Left never seemed to get nearly as distraught when the Communist Russians didn't just invade a piece of Ukraine, but ALL of Ukraine. Neither did the Left get upset when the Communist Russians that invaded all of Poland, all of Czechoslovakia, all of Hungary, half of Germany, all of Bulgaria, all of Romania, etc etc etc. Where was your outrage back then?

Today you are upset at the Russians' "murdering critics and journalists" and rightly so. But during Cold War, the Communist Russians did that by the tens of millions. Remember Solzhenitsyn's "Gulag Archipelago"? It was just bursting at the seams with imprisoned and dead "critics and journalists." But back then, the Western Left never got their panties in a wad about that. To the contrary, during the Cold War, the Western Left treated the Communist Russians like schoolgirls treated the Beatles at Shea Stadium. Democrat Senate Majority Leader Ted Kennedy even colluded with the Communist Russians against his own sitting President, Ronald Reagan.

You Leftist only started hating Russians when they stopped sharing with you a mutual religious devotion to Marxism, and instead went for nationalism. But if you are now, all of a sudden, offended by Russian aggression and repression, then you are welcome to the party, belatedly, I guess.
You're not that fucking dense, or maybe you are.

Yes, Truman, JFK and Carter (all liberals) were in love with the Soviets...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:25 am

Cletus wrote:

Game. Set. Match.