Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Toemeesleather
Senior

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am

....and while your at it, tell us when the Cat 5 hurricanes are gonna start.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:40 am

And Big Bird got chopped up by one of them giant rotating fans. omfg
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:07 am

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:33 am

You've made it your life's work to debunk the notion that dubya possessed a hurricane machine.

Take a break. We believe you.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Not till you update yer prediction.

..need a laff...

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:06 pm

The U.S. economy added 220,000 jobs in June, the best showing since February and well above analysts' expectations of 174,000.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:55 pm

A sheriff in Missouri is firing back at a now-suspended newspaper columnist who claimed to experience what “minority motorists” must feel when getting pulled over by cops, saying he was lucky he didn’t “get shot” during a recent traffic stop.

Boone County Sheriff Dwayne Carey has refuted a June 30 opinion column by longtime Columbia Daily Tribune columnist Bill Clark, who was stopped 10 days earlier for failing to use his turn signal. Clark, an 84-year-old white man, suggested in the column that he might’ve been pulled over because of his “liberal bumper stickers,” an obvious sign of an “aging hippie with a weed habit,” he claimed.

“I’m lucky I didn’t get shot,” Clark wrote. “Sirens wailed and when I stopped, two officers were out of the sheriff’s vehicle. When I reached over to turn off the radio and then take my wallet out of my pocket to produce the driver’s license and insurance card, I realized my hands were not at the top of my steering wheel. Danger lurked and official arrogance was to follow.”

Clark, who claimed he received a “good dose of arrogance” during the stop, said he understands how someone could lose respect for cops after the stop, saying his life “seemed to be in danger” during the interaction with two deputies.

“When you are in the shoes of the minority, you learn a lot more about their journey,” Clark wrote.

But a review of dashcam video told a different story, according to Carey, who contacted the newspaper’s managing editor, Charles Westmoreland, to disagree with Clark’s version of events. Carey also released the 11-minute video and penned an 1,800-word response to Clark’s column, blasting it as “sensationalism” and disputed the claims of “arrogance” on behalf of the deputies.

“In his column he indicates, ‘I’m lucky I didn’t get shot,’” Carey wrote. “There is never a weapon drawn, the deputies don’t take a position of cover, there are no loud verbal commands, no panic or anything else for that matter by the deputies. Would you agree this is sensationalism at its best? I say yes!”

One deputy clearly identified herself and the reason for the stop, Carey said, adding that “sir” and “thank you” was used on at least two occasions.

“I kept waiting for the ‘official arrogance’ that Ol’ Clark wrote about, but I only observed a professional young deputy do exactly what I expect her to do; her job in a manner consistent to our motto,” Carey’s response continued. “The field training deputy is on the passenger side of Ol’ Clark’s vehicle listening to the interaction, which is common for a two person unit and especially for a deputy in training.”

Clark later raises his voice and becomes argumentative, Carey said, clearly indicating he’s disinterested in discussing the matter further by asking for the ticket on two separate occasions. He then signs the ticket before the deputy tries to remind Clark not to move his vehicle once initially stopping for police since that may indicate he’s trying to flee the scene. Clark, in his column, said he was blocking traffic once initially stopped and had to roll through an intersection.

“The deputy finishes her contact by telling Ol’ Clark to drive safely and she then thanks him,” Carey continued. “The nerve of law enforcement these days! Both deputies walk back to the patrol vehicle and again no inappropriate conversation, no derogatory comments about Ol’ Clark, no laughing or joking, just professional conduct.”

Carey said he felt compelled to respond to Clark’s column because of an abundance of outlets “for anyone to say anything,” whether true or not.

“There is no controlling it and rarely does anyone challenge it, as it seems like a losing battle,” Carey’s response continued. “I have been guilty of letting things slide myself. Social media reigns supreme for these inaccuracies, closely followed by television media. Apparently you can also find it in some columns in the Tribune! What happened to integrity, as I am afraid it is becoming a thing of the past?”

Meanwhile, the newspaper’s managing editor said in a response published Thursday that Clark has been suspended indefinitely and his column won’t appear again until further review.

“In the video I saw two professional deputies performing their job by the book, and a somewhat confused and irritated motorist, unaware of what he had done to draw the attention of local law enforcement,” Westmoreland wrote. “It certainly wasn’t worth writing a scathing column about, and the Tribune should not have published it. For that I apologize to the Boone County Sheriff’s Department and readers who feel they were misled by Clark’s column.”

Clark will write an apology to run in the newspaper Saturday, Westmoreland said.

“I can’t unpublish Clark’s column, but I will rebuke it,” Westmoreland wrote. “I personally don’t believe Clark was threatened by the deputies in any way, but I wasn’t inside his head and can’t say he didn’t feel threatened. I saw a deputy standing behind the car with his hands on his hips. Clark saw a deputy in his rearview mirror with his right hand next to his firearm. Perspectives differ from one person to the next.”

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:28 pm

I wish you'd see me in your rearview mirror with a gun drawn...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Looks like CNN's kamikazi assault on Trump is costing them dearly. They now fall behind Nick at Night in prime time ratings:

https://thefederalist.com/2017/07/06/ra ... tings-war/

LMAO. It makes sense, though; both CNN and a Nick at Night are equally reputable journalist organizations.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1420901 ... tings.html

Nielsen ratings say CNN up 10% for 2nd quarter 2017 (Apr, May, June).

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:38 am

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-jr-m ... 1499646830

Collusion by the campaign inside Trump Tower, with Trump's lawyers scrambling to distance him from the event. "The President was unaware of this meeting." His son, his son-in-law, and his campaign manager going rogue with a Russian without his knowledge? What are the odds that this is an untrue statement? heh

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:43 am

OH...MY....GOD!!!!!

TRUMP'S SON AND SON IN LAW HAD A MEETING WITH A RUSSIAN LAWYER!!!!

IMPEACH TRUMP NOW!!!!

Lmao
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:45 am

One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:51 am

Love it. Before: there is zero proof of collusion! Now: hey - it ain't no big deal!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:07 am

A meeting between Trump Jr and Kushner and some Russian lawyer is not collusion.

Unless you've got recordings of the conversations that say things like, "If Vlad can deliver us Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin on Election Day, then the Donald won't stop him if he decides to take the rest of Ukraine or Estonia."

You DO have a recording like that, to justify claims of "collusion," don't you?

I didn't think so.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 am

Who was this Russian lawyer that Junior and Kushner met with? A senior intelligence official? A high ranking diplomat? A member of Putin's inner circle? Someone with the standing to "collude" on behalf of the Putin government with campaign officials of a candidate that NOBODY at the time thought had a prayer of being elected? Hardly.

According to the NYT article, she is a low level Russian hack best known for her opposition to the Magnitsky Act, some arcane US international adoption law that Velodya doesn't like. There's your supposed Mata Hari, and there goes the latest iteration of the kook Trump-Russia conspiracy theory.

One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but each time expecting a different result.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:00 am

Then why lie about it? First deny the meeting ever happened, then say the meeting was about Russian adoptions. Then somebody in the WH leaks to the NYT the real reason for the meeting, and Junior confesses that he was approached about damning info collected on HRC and the DNC. From a foreign adversary.

collusion: noun /ke looZH en/ secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy

Then you have Trump getting rolled by Putin at the G20.. so bad..that Trump tweets about a joint a USA/Russian cyber task force ffs. So all these republicans came out of the woodwork mocking that bit of craziness, and Trump had to back down.

Trump and Pence and Sessions are all on record as saying there were no meetings between the campaign and Russians. Nyet meetings. What are we up to now - two dozen? More? Why the lies? Answer the question.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:50 am

She is sorta hot.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Then why lie about it?
I dunno. Maybe a ten minute meeting, with some nobody Russian hack lawyer, who wanted to talk about something as inane as US adoption laws, in the middle of a hectic presidential campaign, was not something they would remember. You probably wouldn't remember an office visit from a life insurance salesman either.
Trump getting rolled by Putin in the G-20...
Incorrect. Trump rocked in Europe. He told the Europeans that THIS American president was going to represent the interest of Americans, not a bunch of globalists and their bogus trade deals, not Euro-Green weanies and their AGW cult, and not open border naifs who want to turn Europe into an Islamic province. He had the audacity to say that Western culture is superior and worth defending against Marxists within and jihadists without.

Good for him. It's about bloody time a US president said it. The fact that Trump's speech in Warsaw has the multiculturalist leftists and journalist castrati's running for their smelling salts is proof that he was spot on.