Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by bluetick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:56 am

Identity politics as in a daddy-made multimillionaire/reality tv star who enters politics as Birther Extraordinaire. Orange-tinged and rocking a ridiculous combover, yet a third of the country can't get enough of his bs swagger.

And I just saw a video of that MFer driving his cart on a green. Yeah, it's his cart and it's his green, but other people play that course too. Your prez is a dick of the first order, as if there was ever any doubt. Asshat pos.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:19 am

Still not over it, excellent!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

10ac
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 am

TRIGGERED!!1
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:14 am

Trump driving across a green in a golf cart was connected to the Russians somehow. We need a special prosecutor to get to the bottom of this scandal.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:22 pm

What about dems and Kalifornians colluding to sway the Jawja election?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:49 pm

No no no.. it's the other way around.

There's no way Ossoff could have lost that election. The MSM polls all showed him ahead. Those Georgians have come to hate Trump, just like their betters on the coasts do. They were itching to kick Trump out if given the chance.

The answer is clear: Russians stole the GA 6 election. There is no other possible explanation. Just like they stole the special elections in KS, MT and SC. There are secret fiber-optic cables that run from all the voting machines straight to Putin's desk in Moscow.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:23 pm

You seriously need a new schtick.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:22 pm

bluetick wrote:You seriously need a new schtick.
I know what would stop it

quit harping about Trump on here every day
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Correct.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Trust me, that wouldn't even slow him down.

Where Does Donald Trump Driving on a Green Rank Among All-time Rich-guy DGAF Moves - Jeff Vrabel, Golf Digest
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/where-d ... dgaf-moves

Great article.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Oh the horror!

If your side ever wants to address issues that concern middle America (and I don't think you're anywhere near that point
yet), I recommend you start with something else. Middle America thinks of golf like Silvio of the Sopranos eloquently described golf at :45...

[youtube]MDheXEIxWas[/youtube]

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:15 am

A better description of Middle America

[youtube]KHJbSvidohg[/youtube]

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:53 pm

eCat wrote:a good read on how corporations have pushed the left to be pro-immigration

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ke/528678/
The left has historically been anti-immigration, as a steady stream of immigrants, at heart, represents nothing more than cheap labor and undercutting the American citizen's ability to maintain his position in the middle class. I didn't read the article but I'm guessing it at least touches on today's faux-left and their propensity for identity politics (issues that do not ultimately affect power structures). I do want everyone in the world to have a decent standard of living but using that as a pretense to push millions of American citizens downward so billionaires can rake in greater riches via cheap labor is a scam. I realize Trump voiced these types of talking points and this is one case where his rhetoric aligned with the correct point of view, imho.
Butt juice

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:53 pm

^This.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Frustrated Democrats hoping to elevate their election fortunes have a resounding message for party leaders: Stop talking so much about Russia.

Democratic leaders have been beating the drum this year over the ongoing probes into the Trump administration’s potential ties to Moscow, taking every opportunity to highlight the saga and forcing floor votes designed to uncover any business dealings the president might have with Russian figures.

But rank-and-file Democrats say the Russia-Trump narrative is simply a non-issue with district voters, who are much more worried about bread-and-butter economic concerns like jobs, wages and the cost of education and healthcare.

In the wake of a string of special-election defeats, an increasing number of Democrats are calling for an adjustment in party messaging, one that swings the focus from Russia to the economy. The outcome of the 2018 elections, they say, hinges on how well the Democrats manage that shift.

“We can't just talk about Russia because people back in Ohio aren't really talking that much about Russia, about Putin, about Michael Flynn,” Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) told MSNBC Thursday. “They're trying to figure out how they're going to make the mortgage payment, how they're going to pay for their kids to go to college, what their energy bill looks like.

“And if we don't talk more about their interest than we do about how we're so angry with Donald Trump and everything that's going on,” he added, “then we're never going to be able to win elections.”

Ryan is among the small group of Democrats who are sounding calls for a changing of the guard atop the party’s leadership hierarchy following Tuesday’s special election defeat in Georgia — the Democrats’ fourth loss since Trump took office. But Ryan is hardly alone in urging party leaders to hone their 2018 message.

Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.) has been paying particularly close attention to voters’ concerns because he’s running for governor in 2018. The Russia-Trump investigation, he said, isn’t on their radar.

“I did a 22-county tour. … Nobody’s focusing on that,” Walz said. “That’s not to say that they don’t think Russia and those things are important, [but] it’s certainly not top on their minds.”

Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) delivered a similar message, saying his constituents are most concerned with two things: dysfunction in Washington and the Republicans’ plans to repeal ObamaCare. The controversies surrounding Trump, he said, don’t tally.

"We should be focused relentlessly on economic improvement [and] we should stay away from just piling on the criticism of Trump, whether it’s about Russia, whether it’s about Comey. Because that has its own independent dynamic, it’s going to happen on its own without us piling on,“ Welch said.

"We’re much better off if we just do the hard work of coming up with an agenda. Talking about Trump and Russia doesn’t create an agenda.”
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Looks like it's finally dawning on some liberals/democrats outside the Northeast and West coast safe spaces that the Trump-Russia myth is dead.

Having spectacularly failed to find any evidence to support their collusion conspiracy theory, the Trump Derangement Syndrome crowd is now frantically looking for credibility in other "news" stories, each crazier than the last. Trump's violation of golf etiquette was one. Here's another, from - who else? - CNN:

Judge: Ivanka Trump must answer questions in shoe design lawsuit

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/24/news/co ... index.html

They're reduced to finding grounds for impeachment in golf etiquette and women's shoes. The TDS desperation is palpable.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:04 pm

the new health care bill should take care of what's going to be left of the GOP by 2020.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:25 pm

First, that "what's left of the GOP" was voted into control the White House and both chambers of Congress. They have been crushing the Democrats at every level of government for the past 8 years. If any party is composed of "what's left," it's the Democrats.

Second, Obamacare is a dumpster fire. It made a lot of promises and has failed to keep all of them:

"If you like your health care plan you can keep your health care plan." Lie. Millions were kicked off their former plans.

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." Lie. Millions could no longer see the doctor they liked.

"The average family will see their health care bill go down by an average of $2,500." LMAO.

"You will have your choice of several plans from several providers on state exchanges who will compete against each other to produce lower premiums." Lie. Insurance companies have been fleeing the exchanges, in many cases leaving only one insurance company to "choose from."

Today's Obamacare charges the average family around $1000/month in premiums and $8,000 in deductibles. It's crap insurance. And, the whole system is fast approaching bankruptcy. It will not be missed by many.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:55 pm

the 24m people that are getting subsidized health care - for those that can still actually buy health care where they live aren't going to be able to outvote the the 160m people that have seen their health care go up by several thousand dollars since the ACA was created.

Then you have medicaid expansion that was subsidized by the government to the states for a couple of years and now that money is gone and states are looking at $50m to $150m in additional cost to keep those people on the rolls.

Obamacare had a shelf life of about 6 years, just long enough for him to smile and wave on the way out while the democratic psychopants talk non stop about the people getting health care that didn't have it before as if the government printing money and handing it out as an entitlement is something new.

If the republicans were smart - (they're not) they wouldn't have done a damn thing to try to stop it, just block any additional spending not laid out in the original plan, and Obamacare would have gone tits up with many people outraged.

Even the democrats know this - just look at what happened in California when they tried to implement universal care - it was shelved because no one could address the cost, the logistics and the one thing no one will talk about that is necessary for government supported health to be viable - fixed costs and pricing.

regardless of what anyone says, racism, immigration, whatever - Trump was elected for 2 things - Supreme court justice picks, because whether anyone on the coasts wants to admit it or not, heartland America doesn't want supremes who are going to start allowing self identifying morons to become a protected class of citizens and repealing Obamacare.

The first is easy for him. Kennedy will step down, he'll appoint some uber pro lifer who'll be content with status quo . Chances are another will die or step down due to health in the next 5 years and then the court will be complete right wing biased for the next 10 to 15 years. The latter is a nightmare. There is no possible fix to give the 24m what they want while appeasing the 160m. The math doesn't work and it never will. You get lower health care costs by doing 1. incentivizing people to reduce their health care footprint 2. increase competition in the marketplace which would include a wider variety of health care plans 3. put caps on spending per person and/or put fixed pricing nationwide on health care costs by regulating the industry.

The ACA doesn't address any of those things.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:33 pm

Even the democrats know this - just look at what happened in California when they tried to implement universal care - it was shelved because no one could address the cost
Single payer would actually pay for itself according to Bernie. The reduced administrative costs and money saved from negotiated drug prices would not only pay for the entire thing but would net a profit that could be used for other budget items or to pay down the debt. Healthcare needs to be run by the government. Our ability to stay healthy and alive should not require us to enter a system where big corporations are trying to squeeze out as much profit as possible. You're right about the ACA. It's a train wreck. It's a corporate windfall more or less although it did set up a bit of a tax on the rich which is the main reason the GOP wants to overturn it. Funny thing is, single payer would be a largely conservative policy because it would cut a ton of fat from the system, namely health insurance companies. But the GOP doesn't care about fiscal conservatism. They care about corporate welfare which would be stifled to large degree if and when single payer happens.
Butt juice