Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:38 am

Professor Tiger wrote:I am not in favor of legal restrictions on American Muslims in the free exercise of their 1st Amendment rights. For starters whatever unconstitutional means the federal government uses against US mosques and Muslims will be used against churches and Christians by liberals when they are in power. They are close to doing that already. Second, most Muslims in America are well assimilated - unlike their cousins in Europe.

eCat, where are these "violent Christians" you mentioned? When was the last time you heard a news story about Christians flying planes into buildings, shooting up malls, driving tractor trailers through crowds, bombing crowded trains, stabbing police, while shouting "praise the Lord!"?

I don't know - but if Democrats are worried about them, I'm just letting them know they are already here. They are Americans. They are protected by our constitution until they break the law. The logic to say add more violent religious zealots because we already have some to begin with is flawed...especially if they are non-American citizens.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:39 am

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:40 am

aTm wrote:You can see the hordes of little white snowlflakes (might as well get in a racial jab when its allowed) already telling everybody not to blame muslims on social media after every one of these events before bodies are even cold. Fuck that noise, if they are embarrassed or uncomfortable about what happens in these events, fucking good. Clean your shit up. You certainly wouldnt be hearing apologies for Christians after people were blowing up abortion clinics except from other Christians. Let the muslims carry their own water, pressure them to fix their shit.
You're not wrong. Muslims need a pope-like figure who could issue a decree that Isis-types are murderous heretics and that all good muslims should bring them to justice. There seems to be a lot of fence-sitting going on by some big clerics.

But as it is, muslims are the boots on the ground killing Isis members and have shrunk their Iraq/Syria caliphate by 80%. So there's that.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:46 am

I was hearing about an attempted suicide by cop this morning

It occurred to me that perhaps an African American man's best chance of not being shot is to demand he be shot during a confrontational police stop.

If you call a cop a motherfucker, he's going to shoot you, but if you beg him to shoot you , even if you are holding a severed head, he's suddenly going to do all he can to not shoot you.

ironic isn't it?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:30 am

It's always kind of eye opening to see subtle differences in culture between us and the British in odd ways, but one thing that I noticed from this attack was the slogan they gave to potential victims in the area.

Here we have "Run, Hide, Fight" propaganda that circulated among the police agencies a while back, and it was criticized by some because of the clear linear subservience of the "fight" tag, making it seem that fighting back was only a last resort, when arguably the best of the three options should be picked based on judgement. So...on twitter this weekend I learned that the British police version of this is an utterly pussified version of a similar sentiment..."Run, Hide, Tell"
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:01 am

Apparently, several gulf states led by Saudi Arabia, just broke off all diplomatic relations and land/sea/air connections with Qatar.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:07 am

I didn't hear the compelling reason on why to do it now but they certainly have carried a grudge about Al Jazeera playing a role in the Arab Spring

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:28 am

I just don't see a solution to how this stops in Europe.

Because of the EU and freedom to go between countries, and the proximity of EU members to the middle east they have massive immigration where assimilation is not necessary.

They are not compatible with Western culture.

I'm really past caring when someone tries to tell me about how many peaceful muslims there are out there. Its not about them, its about giving the radicalized ones the infrastructure, the community and the ability to plan attacks on Western culture within their own country. Religion is so key to these radicalized individuals, other Muslims have to know. From the night club in Orlando to the London attack - family members and friends knew these guys were becoming radicalized - and they kept quiet.

And to some extent that immigration is true of Mexicans, Central and South Americans in this country. By allowing massive immigration - illegal I might add - to this country there is no need to assimilate, we accommodate with bi lingual schools, menus, documents, services, etc., and we're giving them the the infrastructure, the community and the ability to create a Latino country within our borders. How is that different from the Irish in Boston or any major city with a Little Italy, Greektown, Avondale for Polish in Chicago, etc.?

The difference is once they branched out beyond their burg they assimilated. And while one culture was coming into America at the same time or shortly thereafter almost equal number of immigrants from other cultures were coming in as well. It was a true melting pot. Today there is no balanced melting pot. While legal immigration is probably balanced across the board, illegal immigration has tipped the scales permanently in favor of a heavy Latino influence.

Latinos want to popularize the notion of turning America brown - that is a cultural change on a massive scale.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 pm

The problems with crime and violence aren't going to go away with populations of this type. I think these are mainly the same stupid meathead guys with no real prospects, that in most cases everywhere end up killing each other fighting over turf and money as a part of criminal street gangs, but they are being recruited into fighting a jihad or whatever instead. Focusing on "compassion, and providing jobs, and assimilation" and the rest of the snowflake wetdream, is not going to work at killing the problem any more than any country can seriously root out its criminal underworld when there are underpriveleged areas.

The religious authorities that are abusing these populations need to be rooted out worldwide and the only way that can happen, is the people that make up the religion, deciding to end it by throwing out leaders that pull this shit.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:11 pm

"The problems with crime and violence aren't going to go away with populations of this type."

Are you referring to the mafia?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Seeing how Europe is paying the terrible price for accepting millions of Muslims from the Middle East for the past 30+ years, it makes me grateful. If we Americans are going to allow ourselves to be inundated by foreigners, I would MUCH rather be inundated by Mexicans, who are overwhelmingly fellow Christians, work their tails off, peaceful, and want to become fully American as soon as possible.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Seeing how Europe is paying the terrible price for accepting millions of Muslims from the Middle East for the past 30+ years, it makes me grateful. If we Americans are going to allow ourselves to be inundated by foreigners, I would MUCH rather be inundated by Mexicans, who are overwhelmingly fellow Christians, work their tails off, peaceful, and want to become fully American as soon as possible.
why would you want an either or situation?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:08 pm

"I would MUCH rather be inundated by Mexicans, who are overwhelmingly fellow Christians, work their tails off, peaceful, and want to become fully American as soon as possible."

Sounds like the type of people any country would want...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Seeing how Europe is paying the terrible price for accepting millions of Muslims from the Middle East for the past 30+ years, it makes me grateful. If we Americans are going to allow ourselves to be inundated by foreigners, I would MUCH rather be inundated by Mexicans, who are overwhelmingly fellow Christians, work their tails off, peaceful, and want to become fully American as soon as possible.
Bookmarked.

Now explain again how bad we need that wall that peaceful hard-working Mexicans aren't going to pay for.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 pm

hedge wrote:"I would MUCH rather be inundated by Mexicans, who are overwhelmingly fellow Christians, work their tails off, peaceful, and want to become fully American as soon as possible."

Sounds like the type of people any country would want...
except a country that is full of underemployed and unemployed working class people who can't get wage increases due to the influx of cheap unskilled labor.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Goddam. Trump politicizes the London tragedy non-stop, mischaracterizes what the London mayor said about public alarm, then doubles down in another tweet calling the mayor "pathetic." Something is clearly wrong with this guy on a very basic level. Can't anybody stop him - "Mr. President, these tweets scream "ASSHOLE."

Today it turns out Trump's NSA people wrote his NATO speech and The Donald purposefully omitted the part on Article 5 and our reaffirmation to the collective defense of the members, disappointing McMaster, Mattis, and Tillerson. Mexico, Canada, Germany, Australia - he's got disparaging words for everybody we call allies. It's pretty clear they don't have anything on this president.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Please. Liberals wrote the book on politicizing tragedy. The smoke hadn't cleared from Oklahoma City when Bill Clinton blamed conservative talk radio. NYC Mayor Bloomberg instantly blamed the Tea Party for the Times Square bombing attempt. Every school shooting tragedy instantly triggers for more gun control.

Clintonista Rahm Emmanuel spoke for the Left when he famously said, "Never let a tragedy go to waste."
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:53 pm

That's not what he said.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Why did you lie, Prof?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Please. Liberals wrote the book on politicizing tragedy. The smoke hadn't cleared from Oklahoma City when Bill Clinton blamed conservative talk radio. NYC Mayor Bloomberg instantly blamed the Tea Party for the Times Square bombing attempt. Every school shooting tragedy instantly triggers for more gun control.

Clintonista Rahm Emmanuel spoke for the Left when he famously said, "Never let a tragedy go to waste."
Nobody picks a fight with someone in the midst of a tragedy; especially when they're the defacto leader OtFW. And you naturally avoided the Article 5 part, where Trump crossed up the only administration people you claim to admire.

The prof I knew - under previous R and D White Houses - was semi-rational, occasionally logical but almost generally a humanitarian, somewhat. When are you going to drop this charade as Trump's fanboy-cum-defender and re-introduce yourself to your former self? Hurry up. ffs.