Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:33 pm

And also why you hear all this talk about "epidemics", whether it's crack, heroin or whatever. That's not to say there aren't problems associated with these things, but whenever they need to get the public onboard, it's always an "epidemic". What happened to the crack epidemic? Does anybody even smoke crack anymore? Certainly far fewer people use crack now than they did 20 or 30 years ago, and it's definitely not b/c of anything related to law enforcement. These types of things always run their course on their own accord. I'm sure it'll be the same with opiates...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:49 pm

the headline doesn't tell the whole story

if you look at the big picture, including Bernie Madoff, the numbers are skewed.

Still, there is something inherently wrong with the police being self-funded deriving their funds from the citizens they are sworn to protect. In the mafia world that's called protection money.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:30 pm

BigRedMan wrote:Liberals were busy making Steve Martin apologize to Carrie Fisher for calling here beautiful or sexy in a tweet instead of listening to the middle class. They were busy by SJW and making everyone say sorry for this shit that we could not give 10 flying pig butts for.

And they will keep losing no matter what anyone thinks. The TRUE middle class of America has the numbers. They found out the hard way last November.

Liberals are like conservatives — they're full of shit. Most people don't fall in line with either category and most people elect the president. That's why Obama was elected and why Trump was elected and why he will inevitably be impeached.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:02 pm

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 pm

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm

As I mentioned in another forum, TN has (or had) the most millionaire sheriffs per capita than any state in the union. Not bad if you consider the avg salary is around 50k.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:08 pm

We have a millionaire ex-sheriff here. When he was finally defeated after 30 years, he initially blew his stack on election night but in short order he started up a methadone clinic and last I heard, he was back to printing money again.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:45 am

Saint did a good job covering the SCOTUS arguments for me...particularly the Merrick Garland fuckery (with the GOP saying they would hold the seat open for 4 more years if Hillary won). All of these "libtards do this" blanket statements are lazy as fuck.

Clarence Thomas is the worst SCJ. Sotomayor may be the 2nd worst...when The Notorious RBG isn't sleeping...but nobody is coming close to Uncle Thomas.
Last edited by Bklyn on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:46 am

Saint wrote:Image
Cotdam, that is funny.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:19 am

Bklyn wrote:Saint did a good job covering the SCOTUS arguments for me...particularly the Merrick Garland fuckery (with the GOP saying they would hold the seat open for 4 more years if Hillary won). All of these "libtards do this" blanket statements are lazy as fuck.

Clarence Thomas is the worst SCJ. Sotomayor may be the 2nd worst...when The Notorious RBG isn't sleeping...but nobody is coming close to Uncle Thomas.

Justice Roberts rolled over on Obamacare.

Thomas shouldn't have got thru confirmation. Anita Hill should have disqualified him and she was made out to be a villian

But it seems kind of odd to say that Thomas is making decisions with a bias toward whites
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:03 pm

In light of recent events, it's reasonable to suggest that Boehner & Co. signed off on Robert's ACA decision.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:16 pm

eCat wrote:
But it seems kind of odd to say that Thomas is making decisions with a bias toward whites
That's not what I was saying. I was saying he's a horrible SCJ. That's all.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Not making decisions biased towards whitey is my definition of a horrible judge...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:23 pm

This Susan Rice thing is interesting, but I don't know if I'm feeling it's of significant magnitude (based on what I've read about how a redacted "unmasking" happens). More will come to light...but the central question (which even drives the Rice situation) is what was the Russian involvement in our election? This whole thing is a clusterfuck that needs to be sorted out, even the Rice action.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:34 pm

The "Russian involvement in our election" was a kernel that allowed the government bureaucrats to get their weaselly fingers into anything and everything they possibly can, as they always do no matter what color their stripes, including playing political games. It continues to be the big story because it is the cover story that makes it seem what they were doing was legitimate.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:51 pm

And as if that monkeyfuck of a healthcare disaster two weeks ago wasn't enough, some of the principles of that pile are at it again. Lessee, 17% approval rating nationally before, and now they propose to gut the pre-existing condition guarantees. Cue the smiling faces, with their tales of golf matches and bowling parties and other shows of unity, sooo close to making the repeal of obamacare a reality they can taste it..unlike the shit sandwich they want to serve to the rest of us.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:56 pm

"The "Russian involvement in our election" was a kernel that allowed the government bureaucrats to get their weaselly fingers into anything and everything they possibly can"

Same with heroin!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:00 pm

aTm wrote:The "Russian involvement in our election" was a kernel that allowed the government bureaucrats to get their weaselly fingers into anything and everything they possibly can, as they always do no matter what color their stripes, including playing political games. It continues to be the big story because it is the cover story that makes it seem what they were doing was legitimate.
Arguably the big story continues because the House, Senate, and FBI are running separate and unprecedented investigations into the known intervention of Russia wrt our last presidential election and whether Russia colluded with U.S. citizens in the effort.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Bklyn wrote:
eCat wrote:
That's not what I was saying. I was saying he's a horrible SCJ. That's all.

that was the context of Stu's diatribe though

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm

bluetick wrote:Arguably the big story continues because the House, Senate, and FBI are running separate and unprecedented investigations into the known intervention of Russia wrt our last presidential election and whether Russia colluded with U.S. citizens in the effort.
It's an effective smokescreen for all kinds of political bullshit. I'm so totally, like, sure that some kind of report or evidence will turn up on this any day now...any day now. A year from now it'll all be old and tired, and no real information about anything will be out there. It's nonsense. The only story we'll see here looking back from a historical perspective will be as a footnote in the continual rise of "big brother" surveilance in the first half of the 21st century after 9/11
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.