greatest generation

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by crotch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:41 pm

UK fans start petition to keep John Higgins from ever officiating a Kentucky game in the future.

https://www.change.org/p/ncaa-this-peti ... reason_msg

Results of a few of Higgins' games he reffed.

[img2]http://kentuckycrazies.com/wp-content/u ... ggins2.png[/img2]

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 pm

So you had less fouls and shot more ft's when he was reffing in the UConn game, and you shot 6 more ft's than UCLA when you played them. Seems like a strong basis to keep him from ever reffing UK games again...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:09 pm

hedge wrote:So you had less fouls and shot more ft's when he was reffing in the UConn game, and you shot 6 more ft's than UCLA when you played them. Seems like a strong basis to keep him from ever reffing UK games again...
Was going by the W-L record... UK, the school with the most wins in NCAA history, lost 5 of the 8 games he reffed. EKU and Cornell were easy wins no matter who reffed. If it had been a difficult opponent UK would more than likely have lost those also. Vandy was a home game. Higgins either hates UK or Calipari or both.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:20 pm

That's not a very exclusive club...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:46 am

Stop crying

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:32 am

Saint wrote:"To make a long story short, my parents put all 4 of us kids though college on their OWN money... never borrowed one red cent from anyone or got student loans. "

If tuition rates were what they are today, comparable to income, you'd still be standing around the fambly stove, crotch.
EFZ
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:57 am

"Was going by the W-L record..."

But in a couple of those games you lost, you were either called for less fouls than the other team or you shot more ft's than the other team, or both. How can you blame the ref under those circumstances? Seems more logical to blame your own coach or players. Or, most logically of all, UK fans...

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:03 am

crotch wrote:
Saint wrote:Fambly fun times from crotch's younger days

Enjoyed the humor, Saint, but all joking aside you'll never know just how close to being accurate that pic was of growing up here in Eastern Kentucky in the early 50s. Dad was making $35/week working as a mechanic at a garage in town and mom was busy taking care of us 'youngins. We were never hungry but food was scarce to say the least. We had a cow and several chickens which helped out tremendously. Mom saved every dime she could so we kids wouldn't have to do without and she hardly EVER spent anything on herself. By the late 50's, she had saved enough for us to buy a better house. I was the youngest of the 4 kids and when I got in grade school, she went to work at the Elementary school as the lunchroom director. Brought in another paycheck to say the least. Dad had started his own garage by that time and was doing pretty good. Mom was still saving every penny she could. To make a long story short, my parents put all 4 of us kids though college on their OWN money... never borrowed one red cent from anyone or got student loans. We were the first of both sides of our family to go to college and we ALL got degrees. Both of my sisters were Valedictorians of their senior classes in the early 60's and one got a $100 scholarship to Morehead and the other got a $250 scholarship to Eastern. And FWIW, I wouldn't change one thing about the way I grew up. These 'spoon fed' kids today know absolutely nothing about earning something or what it's like to see their parents scrape the bottom of the bowl for a few pennies. Once I graduated college and got my teaching job, I made sure I paid them back for everything they did for me and then some. Again, thanx for the pic... that stove in the pic is exactly like the one we had to keep our whole house warm. Mom used to tell the story of my older brother eating ashes out of the bottom of the stove. Those were great days to be a kid. Some of you wouldn't understand that though.
Make that a little shorter, and rhyme, and this has the makings of a Top 10 Country music song.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:28 am

Crotch is the TS Eliot of Appalachia. He should've been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across the floors of silent hollers...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 pm

this has the UK fans stirred up

not saying I believe it - I wouldn't know dick gabriel if he said hi to me everyday but supposedly he has some credibility

listen at the 7:50 mark

http://bigblueinsider.com/2017/03/march ... ike-pratt/
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:23 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
crotch wrote:
Saint wrote:Fambly fun times from crotch's younger days

Enjoyed the humor, Saint, but all joking aside you'll never know just how close to being accurate that pic was of growing up here in Eastern Kentucky in the early 50s. Dad was making $35/week working as a mechanic at a garage in town and mom was busy taking care of us 'youngins. We were never hungry but food was scarce to say the least. We had a cow and several chickens which helped out tremendously. Mom saved every dime she could so we kids wouldn't have to do without and she hardly EVER spent anything on herself. By the late 50's, she had saved enough for us to buy a better house. I was the youngest of the 4 kids and when I got in grade school, she went to work at the Elementary school as the lunchroom director. Brought in another paycheck to say the least. Dad had started his own garage by that time and was doing pretty good. Mom was still saving every penny she could. To make a long story short, my parents put all 4 of us kids though college on their OWN money... never borrowed one red cent from anyone or got student loans. We were the first of both sides of our family to go to college and we ALL got degrees. Both of my sisters were Valedictorians of their senior classes in the early 60's and one got a $100 scholarship to Morehead and the other got a $250 scholarship to Eastern. And FWIW, I wouldn't change one thing about the way I grew up. These 'spoon fed' kids today know absolutely nothing about earning something or what it's like to see their parents scrape the bottom of the bowl for a few pennies. Once I graduated college and got my teaching job, I made sure I paid them back for everything they did for me and then some. Again, thanx for the pic... that stove in the pic is exactly like the one we had to keep our whole house warm. Mom used to tell the story of my older brother eating ashes out of the bottom of the stove. Those were great days to be a kid. Some of you wouldn't understand that though.
Make that a little shorter, and rhyme, and this has the makings of a Top 10 Country music song.
And if you ask a liberal from a blue state, they will just say everyone in that picture (today) are all convicted felons, bred in incest, and cook meth for living....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:51 pm

These are the kind of people that Democrats used to champion.

Not anymore. Today they are called "deplorables" and blamed for all the world's problems.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:12 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:These are the kind of people that Democrats used to champion.

Not anymore. Today they are called "deplorables" and blamed for all the world's problems.
[img2]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... f410d2.jpg[/img2]

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:13 pm

BTW, that was img2

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:23 pm

Ah, tribalism.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 am

MSU beats UCONN! Two SEC teams in the final.
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:18 am

eCat wrote:this has the UK fans stirred up

not saying I believe it - I wouldn't know dick gabriel if he said hi to me everyday but supposedly he has some credibility

Jesus christ, you had a 5 point lead (or was it 7?) with under 5 minutes to play and you lost. Had nothing to do with anything that happened in the first half. Would've lost worse if not for three 3's in the final 50 seconds, one of them borderline miraculous. Monk and Fox were a combined 9-24 for the game, and if they hadn't hit those 3's at the end, it would've been worse than that. It was a gift that Humphries and Hawkins got to play as much as they did, they were far more effective than Monk and Fox. We were playing with a white mormon at point and a 4th string freshman in the first half when Berry rolled his ankle. Let it go...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:42 am

hedge wrote:
eCat wrote:this has the UK fans stirred up

Jesus christ, you had a 5 point lead (or was it 7?) with under 5 minutes to play and you lost. Had nothing to do with anything that happened in the first half. Would've lost worse if not for three 3's in the final 50 seconds, one of them borderline miraculous. Monk and Fox were a combined 9-24 for the game, and if they hadn't hit those 3's at the end, it would've been worse than that. It was a gift that Humphries and Hawkins got to play as much as they did, they were far more effective than Monk and Fox. We were playing with a white mormon at point and a 4th string freshman in the first half when Berry rolled his ankle. Let it go...
I'm not making a big deal of it, but you can't say it didn't have anything to do with the first half. I"ve never seen a reaction like this to officiating before. And I'm not going to hear any shit about whiney or entitled UK fans - that doesn't mean you and others won't do it, but this isn't Goldenbrea territory. This is about fans and media before the game noting we have this particular ref, about non UK fans and media during the game calling out the ref and about the result of the game.

What if you heard this story -that an official contacted the refs and told them to balance it out, the second half begins and UNC is slapped with some petty fouls and no calls, and UNC goes on to lose? Would you be talking about let it go then?

If what Gabriel says is true (and I'm not saying it is) this is a huge issue.

whats done is done, but I do believe its worth noting that Higgins has a well known reputation before the game and continued to reinforce it during the game. Would another ref changed the outcome? We'll never know. But this isn't talking about a single play and saying it should never come down to a single play determining the game. This was about a group of calls made by him in the first half, and then the perceived "make up" calls in the second half to balance it out.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:10 am

I know where I'd want to go to school..I'm assuming its the females

---------------

Coastal Carolina's cheerleading team has reportedly been suspended due to multiple allegations, including prostitution.

According to Ian Cross and Sage Speaks of WMBF News, a CCU cheerleader who spoke on the condition of anonymity said multiple cheerleaders were questioned by police after an anonymous letter was sent to school president David DeCenzo.

The letter alleged that Coastal Carolina cheerleaders engaged in "prostitution, purchasing alcohol for underage team members and paying others to complete their homework assignments."

Police reportedly searched through the cheerleaders' cellphones during the questioning and released them Wednesday after telling them they had done nothing wrong.

While no incident reports have been filed, a cheerleading showcase the team was set to host April 4 has been canceled, and an anonymous cheerleader said the squad will no longer take part in a national competition in Daytona Beach, Florida, per Cross and Speaks.