Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:47 am

DooKSucks wrote:
AlabamAlum wrote:Dodge makes a Hellcat with 707hp. Friend has one. I have driven it. I got it to 190 and could have gone faster. It felt like it was going to take off, though. Scared the shit outta me.
Just like the 60's and early 70's, you're paying for the engine in those muscle cars...and shit handling (when compared to other vehicles with similar hp).
Exactly. Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger. Pontiac GTO. Chevy Chevelle SS 454. Ford Mustang Cobra Jet. Mercury Cyclone. Mercury Cougar. Plymouth Duster. Plymouth Fury 426. Oldsmobile 442.

All engine. 0-60 mph in nothing. Fuel? Wallet to $0 in nothing. Every single one of these cars would have been mothballed in 1973 during the OPEC gasoline crisis.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:54 am

3 SEC teams in the Sweet 16........

[tweet]843810764716720132[/tweet]
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:45 pm

hedge wrote:This kind of shit annoys the hell out of me:

“Those last three minutes were remarkable,” Theo Pinson said. “We’ve talked about that all year, just talking about locking in defensively, and we did at a perfect time.”

No, jackus, the perfect time to lock down on defense would've been at the end of the first half, when you were up 13. Then you either maintain or build on that lead and you're up double digits at half. Or, barring that, another perfect time would've been, oh, any time in the second half when Arkansas was erasing and then surmounting your lead and going up 5 with barely 3 minutes left in the game. Waiting until then to lock down on defense was not "the perfect time", it was pure desperation. If you think you can wait until desperation kicks in over the next 4 games, you're going home...
It had much more to do with Ark. doing as eCat predicted and completely turning to shit with the prospect of a massive upset staring them in the face than with any heightened defensive effort from UNC. When that kid jacked up a 3 from 26 feet with time on the shot clock, I began to believe in what eCat was selling and I'll give him credit, he was completely right. Arkansas reminded me of a high school team with a coach who is a reverend (or bishop, if you will) on the side that has been preaching to his team all year, in Avery Johnson style: "Y'all work hard and we'll go to states!" And they do, except when they get to states and they get a big lead, they collapse, with the jeers of fat black girls (like the ones who jeered at me when I tripped and fell in the cafeteria in 10th grade) ringing in their ears.

They were good enough to win but just didn't know how to win, so they got back on the bus, went to Arby's and then went home.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:52 pm

the one thing that didn't happen was an Arkansas player punching Berry in the face during the last 2 minutes.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Yeah, but I could tell they wanted to.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Dakich is saying that Donovan is no longer interested in the IU job and that Alford isn't a lock because of the Pierce incident at Iowa

That means Marshall and Miller should be heavily in the discussion now, if true

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:03 pm

3 big 12 teams also
9-3 overall

pac 12 oregon ucla zona all look solid

3 big 10 teams too

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 pm

eCat wrote:Dakich is saying that Donovan is no longer interested in the IU job and that Alford isn't a lock because of the Pierce incident at Iowa

Seriously, what school wants to have to deal with Marshall's batshit crazy wife? That probably cost him some big bucks.

IU should go after Miller now before someone else does. Also, Alford would be a fool to go back to IU. He'll be much better off at UCLA.

How about the Syracuse "head coach-in-waiting" who got tired of waiting and took the Washington job? Now Boeheim re-ups for a few more years after next one when he was supposed to have finally retired.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:14 pm

if Donovan is out of the picture, I'd go after Miller, but its hard to argue that Marshall can't get good players and coach their ass off.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Scott Drew motherfuckers
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:Dakich is saying that Donovan is no longer interested in the IU job and that Alford isn't a lock because of the Pierce incident at Iowa

Seriously, what school wants to have to deal with Marshall's batshit crazy wife? That probably cost him some big bucks.
That woman was a nut. I feel sorry for guys who get married but don't marry...... well. Because her husband now has to deal with all this shit.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:52 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Saint wrote:

That woman was a nut. I feel sorry for guys who get married but don't marry...... well. Because her husband now has to deal with all this shit.

he's a mean crazy ass too.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Is there something more to this than is seen in the video or tweeted about by some whiny ass Kentucky beat writer that got his feelings hurt? Yeah, she's not exactly classing up the joint, but she's also not doing anything that at least 2000 people are doing in Rupp arena (including chicks) on any given night.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:45 pm

aTm wrote:Is there something more to this than is seen in the video or tweeted about by some whiny ass Kentucky beat writer that got his feelings hurt? Yeah, she's not exactly classing up the joint, but she's also not doing anything that at least 2000 people are doing in Rupp arena (including chicks) on any given night.

multiple sources are saying she told Cal to Shut the Fuck up, and worse, she called his wife a whore.

now throw in that she was visited by security 3 times during the game- which is not doing anything that at least 2000 people are doing because you wouldn't get a second visit from security if you are a normal poofy hair drunk and she is a story.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:43 pm

That's what I wanted to know. Why did she get visits from security when so many other people were doing that?

Also, why would an NCAA official worry about her getting pissed off about the KSR guy tweeting about her and not her behavior? Was she within earshot of Cal and his wife?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:42 pm

I don't know

I kind of hate that its blown up into a national story with major news outlets running it.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:48 pm

I'm sure its the greatest day of that KSR pissant's life.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Gives the Russians a break...
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:32 pm

"And they do, except when they get to states and they get a big lead, they collapse, with the jeers of fat black girls (like the ones who jeered at me when I tripped and fell in the cafeteria in 10th grade) ringing in their ears."

Some things are just branded into your memory for life...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:33 pm

You'll be hearing those jeers on your deathbed...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.