Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:58 pm

had a guy who took out a loaded gun - bullet in the chamber out of a carrying case with the barrel pointed at the window - shot thru a girl standing across the street and killed the girl standing behind her.

he wasn't charged with anything, which I find amazing. I'm sure there was some forensic evidence (or lack thereof) to support his contention he didn't pull the trigger, but who the fuck puts a loaded gun - bullet in the chamber into a carrying case, and then points the barrel toward a window with people outside?

You have to respect the gun more than that.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:44 pm

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

"Sutton's 23-stone goalkeeper Wayne Shaw may have broken FA betting rules by eating pie during Arsenal match"

"He lashed the bags shut and put them across the pommel of Glanton's saddle and
him and the indian got their clothes and I was glad of it for I never seen a grown man
with not a hair to his body and him weighin twenty-four stone which he did then and
does now. And by my own warrant, for I added up the counters on the bar with my
own and sober eyes at a stockscale in Chihuahua City in that same month and year."
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:56 am

I need to figure out how to make this happen.

Because the lacrosse season starts this time of year, my daughters Senior year in lacrosse is virtually worthless - she isn't trying to win a lacrosse scholarship but I believe its important as a junior to get whatever recognition she can get - but I don't know how to make that happen.

Last year on Senior day the team was loaded with a bunch of girls who played year round and were counting on lacrosse to be their ticket to college. When they were recognized , all of them had some bullshit stats and recognition - like second team all district - virtually meaningless in the bigger scheme of things but resume padding nonetheless.

I talked to a guy that said there is a company you can pay $700 to, they interview your kid and then start connecting your kid to coaches and hyping your kid, etc.,

That's not what I really want - I just want her to get a few token acknowledgements for her contribution on the team - she should be the second leading scorer on the team so she should be good for at least a 2 goal a game average.

Does anyone here know how that works? If I were to ask her coach, he'd help but he's going to push her to go the club route and travel during the summer, etc. Its probably already too late for that and she already has her summer booked up with other stuff.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:10 pm

The local D-II college just started women's lacrosse this year. I'm sure if she's got decent grades and can run, she could get money from them

Also: https://new.berecruited.com/

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Saint wrote:The local D-II college just started women's lacrosse this year. I'm sure if she's got decent grades and can run, she could get money from them

Also: https://new.berecruited.com/

yea, we actually have opportunities at least 3 times a year. Just 2 weeks ago a coach came by and wanted to meet any Junior or Senior girls because they just started a program. She was offering a financial aid package.

We're not really looking for athletic help, I just want to round out her college resume with some impressive looking stats, even if they are meaningless.

But I appreciate the link, I'll check it out tonight

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Half the kids at that local D-II (Barton, they won the national championship in 2007 with that crazy finish) are athletes. The athletic money is peanuts but I know that a lot of them get major academic money that, along with loans, pretty much covers the $30K tuition. I guess the reasoning is that a good student who is also an athlete is a good addition. Shit, that school has barely a thousand kids but has 2 soccer teams, indoor & outdoor track, women's lacrosse, 2 volleyball, 2 basketball, baseball, softball, 2 golf, 2 cross-country, 2 tennis and 2 swimming teams. And the baseball team has 35 players on the roster. Some of those on "scholarship" probably get just $300 a year.

That becruited.com link is what a lot of kids here have used to go D-II or D-III.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:32 pm

I assume you are referring to NCSA. I wouldn't go that route.

If she has any interest in lax at the next level, the best thing she can do is do some research, and send emails to coaches at schools she has interest in. Tell the coach who you are, what year you are , where you go to school, your experience both academically and athletically, definitely including awards and impressive statistics, and include your schedule, and ask the coach to come see you play. Basically a cover letter...

Also, don't think things can't happen senior year just because it's a spring sport...schools have last minute drops all the time, and have scholarships that they have to use late in the process.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:40 pm

What's NCSA?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:09 pm

North Carolina Sucks Ass

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:33 am

"Tell the coach who you are, what year you are , where you go to school, your experience both academically and athletically"

And sexually...

"definitely including awards and impressive statistics"

Oh yes, definitely...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:25 am

Saint wrote:What's NCSA?

I think its the company I was talking about that basically does your college recruiting for you - like an agent.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:48 am

south London vandals have defaced Crystal Palace's team bus after believing it belonged to their Premier League relegation rivals, Middlesbrough.

The coach, which was parked at a hotel nearby Crystal Palace's Selhurst Park stadium, was spray-painted with the words 'Crystal Palace FC' in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The vandals sprayed the club's name in red, white and blue paint across the sides and rear of the coach. Despite the damage, Sam Allardyce's team still used the vehicle ahead of their bottom of the table clash with Middlesbrough on Saturday afternoon.

Crystal Palace's assistant head groundsman, Dean Waters, posted a tweet condemning the vandals and revealing their error.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 am

They need to play Liverpool and get free, undeserved points against a side that plays with class against top 6/7 opponents.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:01 pm

even though this has been going on for almost 20 years, I'll never get used to it.

how does Snapchat have *any* value?

----------------------------------------------------------

Snap (SNAP), the parent company of Snapchat, began trading at $24 a share on the New York Stock Exchange Thursday, a 40% increase over its IPO price. Snap's stock topped $25 in early trading.

At that price, Snap now has a market valuation of about $33 billion.

The company priced its initial public offering at $17 a share Wednesday, above its previously proposed range of $14 to $16 a share. Snap is the biggest U.S. tech company to go public since Facebook (FB, Tech30) in 2012 and the largest tech IPO period since Alibaba in 2014.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

I keep up with my kids that way.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:44 pm

apparently they made a profit this year for the first time. I would assume thru advertising.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Yep, just because everyone uses it, doesn't mean it's worth money. Twitter, for example, hasn't been that profitable (or it wasn't the last time I paid attention to its finances) but FB is printing money. Of course, FB crams people's feeds with ads whereas Twitter does not.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Saint wrote:Yep, just because everyone uses it, doesn't mean it's worth money. Twitter, for example, hasn't been that profitable (or it wasn't the last time I paid attention to its finances) but FB is printing money. Of course, FB crams people's feeds with ads whereas Twitter does not.

what is it about twitter that makes people forget common sense?

I was telling my son - we're about to see a whole generation of politicians and public figures who say something only to have it refuted because they have felt compelled to post a stream of consciousness on twitter since they were 14.

what people are going to know about me from facebook, twitter and anything else is that I have a wife, two kids, various pets, occasionally I do stuff and I have a birthday. Sometimes that's even more than I care to divulge, especially when my 82 year old mom has to comment on everything

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Not just Twitter, but all social media.

I guess because we all started on social media before it was called that and everyone was pretty much anonymous, we see the folly in posting everything about one's personal life (thanks, Mecca!). I don't understand how kids today want to parade everything they're doing on social media. I went to extreme lengths to conceal my activities from my parents in those days.