Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:27 pm

I wonder if some disgruntled bakery owner ever jacked off into the cake batter of a cake he was forced to make for a gay couple. But the joke's on him, b/c they love that! Haaaaaa-hahahahaha, the joke's on you, Mr. Angry Pastryman!!!!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:02 pm

there is going to be alot of this over the next 4 years

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:05 pm

The florist, Barronelle Stutzman, rose to fame in 2013 after she informed Robert Ingersoll, a gay customer, that she would not sell him flowers for his upcoming wedding because of “her relationship with Jesus Christ.” Stutzman explained that her religious beliefs precluded her from providing flowers for same-sex ceremonies. Ingersoll and his partner sued under Washington nondiscrimination law, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, and the state attorney general asked Stutzman to stop discriminating against gay customers. Stutzman refused, and the state sued as well. A trial court ruled against Stutzman, fining her $1001 and ordering her to stop discriminating. She appealed all the way to the state Supreme Court, which has now affirmed the trial court’s judgment.
http://slate.me/2lmZD5r
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Bklyn wrote:
The florist, Barronelle Stutzman, rose to fame in 2013 after she informed Robert Ingersoll, a gay customer, that she would not sell him flowers for his upcoming wedding because of “her relationship with Jesus Christ.” Stutzman explained that her religious beliefs precluded her from providing flowers for same-sex ceremonies. Ingersoll and his partner sued under Washington nondiscrimination law, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, and the state attorney general asked Stutzman to stop discriminating against gay customers. Stutzman refused, and the state sued as well. A trial court ruled against Stutzman, fining her $1001 and ordering her to stop discriminating. She appealed all the way to the state Supreme Court, which has now affirmed the trial court’s judgment.
so you're OK with this because in this case, gays in Washington are a protected class, or do you believe that any public business should support customers requests for the services they offer?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:06 pm

eCat wrote:
Bklyn wrote:
so you're OK with this because in this case, gays in Washington are a protected class, or do you believe that any public business should support customers requests for the services they offer?
I didn't read it...I just saw you guys talking about gay bakeries and shit, then today this hit the news. My guess is that I will be fine on the merits. I will read the article and get back to you, though.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:40 pm

not that I'm a legal scholar but her/his first approach was bullshit approach and should have been rejected.

It wasn't based on belief or conviction of religious principles.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 pm

I've read excerpts from the press conference by Trump

I loved it.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:59 pm

eCat wrote:I've read excerpts from the press conference by Trump

I loved it.
You and fact checkers everywhere.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Unhinged lunatic is not a good look. There has to be a point when trump supporters begin to realize that a stupid insane person is not fit to be president. And, on top of that, I think he had a stroke when he was rambling about the leaks and fake news. Insane, stupid, and physically ill. At some point this has to end.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 pm

Right out of the gate: "There is no chaos - this administration is running like a well-oiled machine. If only I could get my cabinet filled.."

Two hours later,Vice- Admiral Harward, Trump's pick to fill Mike Flynn's NSC post, declined. Reportedly his words were "no way I'm joining that clusterfuck."

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Overturnng t was the right thing. It was a bad bit of legislation.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Cletus wrote: There has to be a point when trump supporters begin to realize that a stupid insane person is not fit to be president
its not today.

-------------------------

Fact-checkers didn’t elect him, nor did voters who were happy with the status quo.

Trump, first, last and always, matches the mood of the discontented. Like them, he is a bull looking for a china shop. That’s his ace in the hole and he played it almost to perfection.

The immediate impact of his performance is likely to calm some of the jitters among Republicans in congress and supporters elsewhere, especially after the beating he took in the last few days.

On Monday night, Trump suddenly removed Gen. Michael Flynn, his national security adviser, over circumstances that still are not entirely clear. And on Wednesday, his nominee for Secretary of Labor, Andrew Puzder, withdrew after Republicans said he didn’t have the votes to be confirmed.

Combined with courts blocking his immigration and refugee order, unflattering leaks of confidential material from intelligence agencies and numerous demands for investigations into any Russian connections, Trump’s fast start suddenly hit a wall.

Just three weeks into his term, Democrats, in and out of the media, smelled blood. Many already were going for the kill.

They won’t get it, at least now. - NY Post

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 pm

bluetick wrote:Right out of the gate: "There is no chaos - this administration is running like a well-oiled machine. If only I could get my cabinet filled.."

Two hours later,Vice- Admiral Harward, Trump's pick to fill Mike Flynn's NSC post, declined. Reportedly his words were "no way I'm joining that clusterfuck."
The word I heard was "shit sandwich."

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:19 am

eCat wrote:
the law says a crazy person can't own a gun.

what more do you want?
Only those crazy people known to law enforcement or the court system. And even those people get a hearing (vetted!) to determine their competency to own a firearm.

Social Security and SSI disability recipients determined to be too incompetent to handle those payments due to mental incompetency...got that same vetting process. Seems like that would be in the best interest of public safety.

Same thing with individuals on the federal no-fly list. Can't fly...then scrutinize their ability to buy guns. Best interest blah public safety blah.

But.. no.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:22 am

bluetick wrote:
eCat wrote:
the law says a crazy person can't own a gun.

what more do you want?
Only those crazy people known to law enforcement or the court system. And even those people get a hearing (vetted!) to determine their competency to own a firearm.

Social Security and SSI disability recipients determined to be too incompetent to handle those payments due to mental incompetency...got that same vetting process. Seems like that would be in the best interest of public safety.

Same thing with individuals on the federal no-fly list. Can't fly...then scrutinize their ability to buy guns. Best interest blah public safety blah.

But.. no.
in the best interest is probably the most used phrase to justify taking away constitutional rights.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:12 am

While the rest of you'ns were crapping your pants over Trump's main press conference over lunch, you may not have noticed this press conference later in the day giving hope to poor coal mining communities across the country.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-enviro ... ining-rule

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:10 am

eCat wrote:not that I'm a legal scholar but her/his first approach was bullshit approach and should have been rejected.

It wasn't based on belief or conviction of religious principles.
You should've began that post with "I watched Law and Order last night, I'll handle this"...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 am

"There has to be a point when trump supporters begin to realize that a stupid insane person is not fit to be president."

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:23 am

Good find, sardis. Coal is the future and we can't stay stuck in the 'now.'

Speaking of stuck, Ann Coulter has a bone to pick with the GOP:

Coulter to GOP: Where is your Obamacare Replacement Now? - Newsmax

Ann points out that the R-controlled House passed bill after bill after bill after bill to repeal Obamacare, and made big noises to their constituents about it, while knowing full well the bills wouldn't become law. NOW a repeal bill would sail through no problem, She wonders why no one has pointed that out, and where is a ^^^^ing bill?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:52 am

I have no desire to see them throw some half ass ill conceived approach to resolving Obamacare - regardless of how many time or ideas they have had for repealing it in the past..

It took them 2 years to come up with a half assed ill conceived Obamacare .

If they don't have a solution that will provide access to healthcare for Americans while lowering costs, then don't do it.

Besides if they don't do anything, Obamacare is going to implode anyways. There is some merit in just letting it fall apart and reminding the American people the democrats forced fed us this piece of shit legislation just to serve a small percentage of people at the expense of all Americans. Why try to repeal what is going to fail on its own.

At this point democrats want the republicans to repeal it because its going to fail and whatever the Republicans do, the democrats can blame them for its demise. They can show pictures of the elderly and children suffering without health care because they can't afford it and blame the Republicans for taking away such a great program.

hell, that was Obama's parting shot - Don't call it Obamacare. Yea, I wouldn't want my name tied to that pile of garbage either.