Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by sardis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Depends on the state you are in. There is no federal law that disallows a business to discriminate based on sexual orientation. The baker was in a state that disallowed such discrimination. Some states allow it, some states don't.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:02 pm

comcast doing their best to replace Monsanto as the most evil corporation in the world

https://www.techdirt.com/blog/netneutra ... lity.shtml
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim has taken a swipe at critics who castigated him for shaking hands with the wife of Johor Darul Ta'zim (JDT) captain Safiq Rahim.

The Johor Crown Prince, clearly annoyed by individuals he claimed were trying to be "Ustaz or State mufti in Facebook", said only God could judge him for his actions.

Some netizens had recently criticised the Johor prince after pictures showing him shaking hands with Safiq's wife at a cafe belonging to the footballer had circulated online.

Tunku Ismail later mocked his critics in a video that was uploaded to the Johor Southern Tigers page on Monday evening.

In the clip, the Johor prince is seen walking towards his car when an identified woman walks up to him and offers to shake his hand.

Instead of taking her hand immediately, he then puts on a large glove, resembling the hand of Hulk, and only then proceeds with the handshake.

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:24 pm

You can't read, IB.

Moron.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:25 pm

sardis wrote:Depends on the state you are in. There is no federal law that disallows a business to discriminate based on sexual orientation. The baker was in a state that disallowed such discrimination. Some states allow it, some states don't.
That is correct. Federal law will be coming in a few years.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:40 pm

"I mean,should christian book stores be forced to sell the satanic bible and the kuran?"

So, I was walking in the mall and I saw that there was
a Muslim Bookstore. The sign outside led me to wonder
just what exactly was in a Muslim bookstore, so I went
in.

As I was wandering around taking a look, the clerk gave
me the stink eye, but asked if he could help me.

I know I didn't look like his normal clientele, so
I asked, "Do you have a copy of Donald Trump's Book
on his U.S. Immigration policy regarding Muslims and
Illegal aliens?"

The clerk said, "Kiss my ass, Get out, and Stay Out!"

I said, "Yes, that's the one! Do you have it in paperback?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:59 pm

I will begrudgingly give an A on that one.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm not even getting into IB's attempts at explaining(?) established legal positions.

BRM asked a question, got an answer, then followed it up with what he believed to be an analogous "gotcha" question that didn't line up perfectly with his original premise. That mismatch in his questions was pointed out and the flaws were clear. At that point, he let it go (on here, at least). IB, you can learn from that.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Bklyn wrote: IB, you can learn from that.
You need to tread lightly there.

Are you by chance licensed in the field of psychotherapy?
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:54 pm

the ratio of political posts to the rest of the board is out of whack. Please correct with eCat stories about bungling something up at home, eCat stories about loose/good-for-nothing relatives, BRM fart stories or general attacks on IB.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Is it eCat Spring Break yet?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Bklyn wrote:Is it eCat Spring Break yet?

late March

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:18 pm

"the ratio of political posts to the rest of the board is out of whack. "

It hardly seems right to call this clown show that Trump is ring-leading right now "politics". Seems much more like reality TV...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:00 am

Some former defense analyst was on BBC a little while ago explaining that Trump's fascination with Russia stems from his visit there in 2013 when he met these super billionaires there who are basically Russian mafia guys on steroids (of which Putin is the godfather), so like a kid coveting his friend's new toy, Trump basically just set out to become just like them and throw 70+ years of foreign policy out the door in his zeal to be King of America.

His problem is that there are legions of people in defense and in the military who aren't fooled and who are out to get him. I don't think this is going to end well for him and it should be clear to all but the most stubborn or the plain stupid that there's a colossal difference between the ideas that got him elected and the man himself.

Ironically, in what should be its finest hour, the GOP is facing a crisis that could very well destroy it. The right Republican could find a way to manuever through Trump's inevitable crash and keep alive some of the ideas that had gained traction and see it through. I'm not sure who that guy is but I don't believe it's Pence as he's somewhat of a stooge. Ryan has already cashed in (you can see it in his glassy eyes) and McConnell still thinks it's 1984 and he's Jesse Helms.

As much as I rail against Republicans most of the time, I do not want to see a completely unopposed Democratic party take over if half the GOP ends up in prison or dead. Trump has to go, and he will, but someone who can right the ship of foreign policy and not hand the keys to the treasury to Wall St. has to plotting his course right now. Or we're all fucked eventually.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:20 am

every day there is a topic someone here says isn't going to end well for Trump

yesterday Schumer said that an investigation Sessions couldn't lead a legitimate investigation into anyone on Trumps team because they are allies.

ummm...yea Chuck, we know how that works with having an AG in your pocket.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:29 am

AlabamAlum wrote:
sardis wrote:Depends on the state you are in. There is no federal law that disallows a business to discriminate based on sexual orientation. The baker was in a state that disallowed such discrimination. Some states allow it, some states don't.
That is correct. Federal law will be coming in a few years.
with Trump selecting the Supreme Court?

I wouldn't be confident of that.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:41 am

Saint wrote:Some former defense analyst was on BBC a little while ago explaining that Trump's fascination with Russia stems from his visit there in 2013 when he met these super billionaires there who are basically Russian mafia guys on steroids (of which Putin is the godfather), so like a kid coveting his friend's new toy, Trump basically just set out to become just like them and throw 70+ years of foreign policy out the door in his zeal to be King of America.

His problem is that there are legions of people in defense and in the military who aren't fooled and who are out to get him. I don't think this is going to end well for him and it should be clear to all but the most stubborn or the plain stupid that there's a colossal difference between the ideas that got him elected and the man himself.

Ironically, in what should be its finest hour, the GOP is facing a crisis that could very well destroy it. The right Republican could find a way to manuever through Trump's inevitable crash and keep alive some of the ideas that had gained traction and see it through. I'm not sure who that guy is but I don't believe it's Pence as he's somewhat of a stooge. Ryan has already cashed in (you can see it in his glassy eyes) and McConnell still thinks it's 1984 and he's Jesse Helms.

As much as I rail against Republicans most of the time, I do not want to see a completely unopposed Democratic party take over if half the GOP ends up in prison or dead. Trump has to go, and he will, but someone who can right the ship of foreign policy and not hand the keys to the treasury to Wall St. has to plotting his course right now. Or we're all fucked eventually.
I thought he went there to watch girls pee on each other.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 am

eCat,

Most feel that Kennedy, Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan would support it. Gorsuch is surprisingly receptive to such things, too. He is certainly not what some think he is. He goes to a church that accepts gays, has hired gay clerks and got syrupy in praise when a gay couple married. He does not have a huge body of work in ruling on such matters, but I don't think he is anti-gay.

Now, Ginsburg could die and maybe one other Justice, and we could get a couple of neanderthals approved, but I don't think it's likely.
Last edited by AlabamAlum on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 am

fwiw, I'm glad Puzder got canned. Pushing against minimum wage and being anti-union goes against Trumps basic approach to his campaign in reaching out to a larger audience of Americans and falls in line with the mindset of the GOP for the past 20 years.

Of course the sad part is that wasn't what got him canned , not paying taxes on house slave was.