Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:43 am

The Donald wrote:Is that a threat? You should treat the President of the United States with more respect! Everyone thinks I'm doing a great job, only a few complete idiots not on board!
Huggs and that UNC coach would be proud AtM. Nice work

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:35 am

The White House is ramping up its search for a new communications director in an effort to lighten the load of embattled White House press secretary Sean Spicer, multiple sources told CNN.
A source familiar with internal communications said President Donald Trump is disappointed in Spicer's performance during the first two weeks of the administration.
Spicer has served as both White House press secretary and communications director for the new administration. Those roles are typically filled by two staffers.

Former Trump transition spokesman Jason Miller was originally tapped to serve as communications director for the White House, but Miller stepped aside before Inauguration Day to spend more time with his family.
A longtime Republican operative, Spicer is a close ally of White House chief of staff Reince Priebus. According to the source close to the hiring process, Trump is upset with Priebus over the selection of Spicer for arguably the administration's most visible position, next to the President.

"Priebus vouched for Spicer and against Trump's instincts," the source said. The President "regrets it every day and blames Priebus," the source added.
But a senior administration official says Trump supports Spicer "100%." A separate West Wing source pushed back on the notion that Spicer is suddenly unpopular with Trump, saying "nothing could be further from the truth."

Multiple sources have told CNN that Spicer was not Trump's first choice for press secretary. White House counselor Kellyanne Conway was offered the position but turned it down. Other candidates including Fox News personality Kimberly Guilfoyle were interviewed for the job during the transition.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 am

Tim Scott reads twitter feed after he supported Sessions nomination.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/senator ... ent=safari

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:25 am

"Well, I absolutely don't like Trump. I think he is dimmer than W and I was not a fan of him. I also know he is a sexual predator. So, there is that.:

Oh, kinda like Bill Clinton?????
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:35 am

I voted for Trump because I got tired of the past 8 years going about my business, doing my job, living my life, working and paying taxes and not bothering anyone then be accused of being a hater for having a different thought. I didn't do protests of Not My president when Obama won twice. I didn't burn the american flag. I didn't hang a dummy out in my tree. I accepted what happened with how the people voted, made a decision to give everyone a chance, and watch how things turn out.

Then all of sudden you speak out on certain issues or have a different thought then the rest and then all of sudden you get thrown so much hate.

And with everything that has happened with the riots and such, I just don't remember breaking an looting stores over Obama but yet I am the hate monger islamphobic, lgbtxyz hating, privileged white man.

I just don't get it and hope someone can explain it to me.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:34 am

you are a worker

you are tired of the non workers of the world having more input into our government then you do

you saw Hillary as someone indebted to every interest group out there and pandering to every special interest group out there that you have no particular interest in or had any effect on your day to day life

therefore you voted for the other guy who had no ties to Washington that you could see and promised to make American workers first

you have to face the fact that the vast majority of the people in the media and that voted against him will crucify him for every thought tweet and action

you have to face the fact he is his own worse enemy and if he kept his mouth shut and his fingers off the keyboard addressing certain issues again not important to you he would be a hundred times better off

a vote for Hillary was a vote to continue the decline of the worker and the future sustainment of those letting entitlements crush the budget and eventually handing it over to our kids

most of what trump has done has been good at starting the process of curtailing the flood of those who refuse to take care of themselves

he is trying to stop the flood of those who cant take care of themselves from entering this country
he is opening up jobs by approving projects that special interests had effectively neutered in the past
he is deregulating the strangled business interests
he is freezing government salaries from continuing to expand the bureaucracy
he is changing trade regulation for the benefit of the workers
he is questioning all of the foreign aid and will reexamine all bloated government contracts
you get that
I get that
those that don't get that have behaved in such a way that what should be a landslide for them in 2020 might just turn into another 2016.

we are to the point where each side is cutting their own throats--but at least the average guy in America working 40-50 feeding his family and trying to make ends meet got heard on this one --and instead of listening to the message they are shooting the messenger you homophobic bigoted racist

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:37 am

BRM, you probably weren't alive during the civil rights riots of the 60s or the war demonstrations of the late 60s/early 70s. Cities were literally aflame - we're not talking about a trash can or dumpster fire here and there. You have no idea what you're talking about, seriously. Watts, Harlem...read a history book.

"I don't riot but I"M the bad guy - people call me names, waaa." That's snowflake talk, man. Buck up.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:42 am

crashcourse wrote:
most of what trump has done has been good at starting the process of curtailing the flood of those who refuse to take care of themselves
Most of what he's done is make populist noise while hiring cronies and assorted Billionaire Boys Club members. sheesh wake up

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:45 am

yea, thank god cities like Baltimore, Charlotte, Ferguson and Dallas don't have to experience that sort of thing again.

Educate yourself BRM. What happened 50 years ago makes your point irrelevant today! You should be ashamed.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:04 am

You can't beat clever sarcasm. Nosiree.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:07 am

Trump has to go. He's a liability of the highest degree. Fuck it, keep his policies intact - all of 'em. Conservatives have been mewling over these things for as long as I can remember so I'm sort of curious to see if any of this shit will actually work. If it does, we all win and if it doesn't, they can shut the fuck up about it. So that's a win-win situation.

So let's do everything Trump says we should do but without him. He's an incompetent boob whose pettiness and narcissism is dangerous and unbecoming of a president. He's had his chance. We don't need another minute of his bullshit. Trump, GTFO.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:14 am

Saint wrote:Trump has to go. He's a liability of the highest degree. Fuck it, keep his policies intact - all of 'em. Conservatives have been mewling over these things for as long as I can remember so I'm sort of curious to see if any of this shit will actually work. If it does, we all win and if it doesn't, they can shut the fuck up about it. So that's a win-win situation.

So let's do everything Trump says we should do but without him. He's an incompetent boob whose pettiness and narcissism is dangerous and unbecoming of a president. He's had his chance. We don't need another minute of his bullshit. Trump, GTFO.
who would do these things if he weren't around? Paul Ryan?

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:17 am

Pence, Ryan, anyone. He's laid it all out but he's shown himself to be clearly unfit to handle the role of president. It's almost as if he doesn't want to be there or, heaven forbid, he really is that much of a pompous jackass. Either way, he's a danger to everyone in that position. He's got to go.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:19 am

Saint wrote:Pence, Ryan, anyone. He's laid it all out but he's shown himself to be clearly unfit to handle the role of president. It's almost as if he doesn't want to be there or, heaven forbid, he really is that much of a pompous jackass. Either way, he's a danger to everyone in that position. He's got to go.
Pence is every evangelical GOP'ers wet dream but he ain't going to focus on anything but gay bashing and abortion stopping

Ryan is liberal snake in the grass. If Mitt Romney wasn't going to get it done, why in the world would his VP running mate? He'd like nothing better than to not ever deal with Trump or anything Trump wants to implement.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:20 am

bluetick wrote:You can't beat clever sarcasm. Nosiree.
or dumbass condescension

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:35 am

I don't know the whole story here but on the surface...taking her kids away ? who the fuck they think they are?

-------------

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) -
Single mother Kiarre Harris started researching homeschooling last November. She says her two elementary school aged children weren't excelling at their failing Buffalo Public Schools.

"I felt that the district was failing my children and that's when I made the decision to homeschool," she said.

Harris says she filed documents at Buffalo City Hall, following all the steps, informing the district of her intent to homeschool her children. According to documents she provided to 7 Eyewitness News, they're dated December 7th and the district says it received her paperwork.

"I spoke directly to the homeschool coordinator and she told me from this point on my children were officially un-enrolled from school."

Things took a turn when she says a week later, Child Protective Services called, wondering why her kids weren't in school.

"I told them that my kids were homeschooled now and that I could furnish the documents if they need to see them."

Thinking everything was fine, Harris says she went on with her homeschooling, but then, less than a month later she says she was confronted by CPS workers and police. According to Harris, they told her they had a court order to take her children and when she told them no, she was arrested for obstruction.

She says she hasn't seen her kids in three weeks, and they've been in a foster institution.

The Buffalo Public School District says it cannot comment on this case due to Federal Laws but says in order for a parent to file for homeschooling, they must have full custody of the children.

Harris says she's a single parent and has always had full custody until her kids were taken away.

This case is far from finished. The Buffalo Common Council will be addressing it tomorrow.

----------------

I have a feeling this woman will be sending her kids to college ...a very good college

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:40 am

Single mother? Does "homeschooling" mean they sat at home all day while she was at work?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:49 am

but taking her kids away?

like I said, this doesn't tell the complete story but they better be justified moreso than these two kids are missing algebra class.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Her first mistake was being named Kiarre.

We have barely fulfilled the requirements for notifying our local school system that we are homeschooling our kid. He's in 4th grade now but we didn't do the paperwork until the end of 1st grade (he went to preschool after we took him out of kindergarten). I just sent our homeschool info to the state last year, 2 years after we supposedly were supposed to do it.

My wife has kept all our records but we have yet to do anything on time and haven't heard one word from any authorities. Maybe we will at some point but I've got to believe this chick was on someone's radar, right or wrong, and they pushed back.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:24 pm

eCat wrote:but taking her kids away?

like I said, this doesn't tell the complete story but they better be justified moreso than these two kids are missing algebra class.
Something's not adding up there.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.