Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by bluetick » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:08 pm

I believe he is at least sane.

Whereas Trump's staff is trying to take away his twitter account, yet come January he still gets the nuclear codes.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

10ac
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:46 pm

bluetick wrote:I believe he is at least sane.

Whereas Trump's staff is trying to take away his twitter account, yet come January he still gets the nuclear codes.
Maybe he'll "desertize" the Middle East.
Let 'er Blow!

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:10 am

Johnette's Daddy wrote:CIA says Russia intervened to help Trump win election
http://nypost.com/2016/12/09/cia-says-r ... on-report/
Hmmm...who is more blackmailable with Clinton money laundering foundation, emails that every hostile nation on earth has, or the guy who isn't owned by anybody?

Russia's lifeblood is oil/gas. Trump is for more exploration and more USA energy independence and exporting US energy which HURTS Russia while she is against fracking, against more US exploration, and for all the green energy crap which HELPS Russia.

Tell me again how Russia wanted him to win? I didn't know Putin liked <$50 a barrel oil and not $90 oil?

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:15 am

bluetick wrote:
10ac wrote:The FBI did it! Fake news! The Russians! Talk about clutching straws. "Wisconsin recount expands Trump margin". Christ...
LMAO Weeks before the election Trump went to every corner of the country and announced the election was rigged against him. Days AFTER the election he claimed 3 million illegal votes cost him the popular race. There's all kinds of evil going on HERE according to il Duce, but any mention of Russian chicanery is "crazy talk."

And in a totally unrelated matter (::wink::), Rex Tillerson, XO CEO and the highest decorated foreigner by Putin's government, is Trump's curious pick as Secretary of State.
Voting is so important that we shouldn't make sure voters are who they are and are actually eligible to vote. That is the Dem stance.

Only reason to oppose tough voter ID laws is you want ineligible people to vote. Haven't read about one complaint regarding TN voter ID requirement. You show ID, sign, and vote.

OH MY GOD WHAT A FUCKIN NIGHTMARE!

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:17 am

hedge wrote:" I liked Sessions as AG; now maybe the Justice Department will find better things to do than raining down fire and brimstone on florists who don't want to cater gay weddings, or forcing men who think they are women into every female bathroom in America."

Yeah, the federal government will now be back in the business of locking up marijuana smokers, at enormous cost. Something all true conservatives like yourself can get behind, right?
Sessions will enforce actual immigration law and will fight to stop the H1B visa lies and abuse.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:22 am

bluetick wrote:A)Grocers don't have to carry beer and B) if they did carry beer, they couldn't discriminate who they sell to based on sex, race, age*, religion, or sexual preference. C) You're an idiot.

*minors can't buy beer or tobacco
Sigh...If you supply anything for a wedding, you are a participant in that wedding. Ask any friggin bride and she/he will agree. You are forcing someone to participate in an event they deem against their religion. There is no way in hell a Muslim baker would have been forced to cater a gay wedding. No way in hell.

This was all about forcing someone to accept you and forcing them to go against religious beliefs.

If courts don't stop it, all they need to do is make it a private club and charge a membership fee of $1.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:33 am

AlabamAlum wrote:I used to have an assistant who worked for me. Great lady. A black woman who would now be in her 80''s. She died a few years back, though.

She used to tell me of what it was like in for her growing up. Vacations were bad. Many hotels wouldn't take black folks. So, when traveling, they would try to find a black family that would take them in. It was hard, though, and they sometimes had to sleep in their cars. Restaurants were tough, too. If they couldn't find a restaurant that took blacks, they'd try to find a market so they could buy bread and meat and eat in the car.

When she was 12 she wanted a nice dress for her birthday. The department store wouldn't let them in to buy one. Had to order it by phone and pick it up in the service area in the back of the store. Wrong size, wrong color, wrong dress. No returns though, because a nigger had tried it on. If there was a theater that allowed blacks, you were relegated to the balcony. Separate restrooms, water fountains, schools, and neighborhoods. Separate but no where close to equal.

So, when you say "it's not racist, it's a bad business plan" you're wrong. It is racist and just heartbreakingly sad.

This isn't making someone sell a product he doesn't sell (like the silly kosher and Indian example). This is telling someone who sells wedding cakes that he can't sell his product to one and not the other because of his own retarded prejudices. And that's fine. Society decides the social construct we adhere to. And this is no different, and thank god we're becoming better. If that fuckhead baker doesn't want to play by the rules, he can close up shop.
Apples and lemons. Whether you agree or not, most religions believe gay marriage to be a sin (I don't really care anymore, be miserable like the rest of us and make divorce lawyers richer). Making a wedding cake, being photog, florist, caterer, musician, for ANY wedding makes you a part of and participant in that wedding which means tacit approval of said wedding. You are forcing people to ignore religious beliefs on a VERY narrowly tailored area. They aren't refusing to serve a gay person, but a gay WEDDING. There is a difference there as long as it is extremely narrowly tailored.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:35 am

bluetick wrote:Now if only innocentbystander would drop in with his appeals to overturn the 19th Amendment this day would be complete
Heh never would've been a Dem elected without it. Hi!

Or at least they be a much more conservative Dem to get elected.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Puter's on fire!

In the old days, wasn't it you who invented and practiced Boortz strafings?

This was sorta like that.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:08 pm

puterbac wrote:
bluetick wrote:A)Grocers don't have to carry beer and B) if they did carry beer, they couldn't discriminate who they sell to based on sex, race, age*, religion, or sexual preference. C) You're an idiot.

*minors can't buy beer or tobacco
Sigh...If you supply anything for a wedding, you are a participant in that wedding. Ask any friggin bride and she/he will agree. You are forcing someone to participate in an event they deem against their religion. There is no way in hell a Muslim baker would have been forced to cater a gay wedding. No way in hell.

This was all about forcing someone to accept you and forcing them to go against religious beliefs.

If courts don't stop it, all they need to do is make it a private club and charge a membership fee of $1.

And yet there's no example of an American muslim baker refusing anything of anyone. Or a muslim grocer refusing someone a beer. Or a transgender raping a kid in a bathroom.

There was also a time when white baker's didn't have to sell to negroes. I suppose that was against some people's religion, too. But the law said "get over it", and they did. See how well that works?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:09 pm

But yeah... puter's ON FIRE BABY!!

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:21 am

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 am

I'm sure the DOJ will deploy legal goon squads to Dearborn to destroy that Muslim bakery for their hate, bigotry and homophobia.

Any day now.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:51 am

After 8 years of hearing Democrats say, "It's all Bush's fault," it is a refreshing change hearing them say, "It's all Comey's fault" or "It's all Putin's fault."

It is also hysterical reading liberal columnists say, "How are we going to get those racistsexistbigotedhomophobe ignorant toothless white trash yokels in flyover country to start voting for us again?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:28 pm

Same way Trump did, appeal to their self-interest and promise them stuff whether you can deliver on it or not. Easy...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:08 pm

And maybe start by making some attempt to hide your utter contempt for them.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Whatever small effort Trump might've made in that regard while he was campaigning has been obviated by his victory...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:08 pm

crashcourse wrote:http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/ ... y_weddings

why do you lie tic?
Rush Limbaugh, Dearborn and the Muslim Baker Bigotry Myth
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-sto ... 02854.html

Didn't figure you for a ditto-head, crash.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:55 pm

it's not a myth if you believe it

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:05 pm

Huffpo is no more "fair and balanced" than El Rushbo.

Who's fact checking them?