Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:53 am

I saw it on USA Today, actually. The Fox 10 was the easiest youtube clip to find to post here. I also dont think it really requires a "crack team" to broadcast a press conference...
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:04 pm

aTm wrote:I saw it on USA Today, actually. The Fox 10 was the easiest youtube clip to find to post here. I also dont think it really requires a "crack team" to broadcast a press conference...
Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things does it? All journalism is shit, right?

Again, the story broke on World Net Daily. Looks like an ad for a book. Good find on your part.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:15 pm

What story was "broken" by WND? As far as I can tell WND just got into a circle jerk celebrating and saying that that book was "vindicated," thats not breaking a story. So WND blew their jizz all over copies of their books when they saw this video, who cares? You're goal tending here with a straw man. The news is the actual Arpaio press releases and video. WND has nothing to do with it, and that book certainly has jack shit to do with it.

Just say that after watching the video you think Sheriff Joe made it all up and is a liar, and we can move on. I certainly wouldn't find a lot of fault with that opinion.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

10ac
Senior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:54 pm

The forgery could be the other way. They should find this Johanna person. Probably died at an early age.
Let 'er Blow!

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:58 pm

lol
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:49 pm

I hate to say it, but in that Turkish video, right after they put the distorted picture of Putin up in the corner that makes him appear to be Nosferatu, and then the older commentator kinda starts to break down too, it was possible to pretend that he was laughing instead of crying...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:14 pm

that putin crap takes away from the video
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:19 pm

"that said, I would love to see the liberals heads explode if Trump was proved right on this."

Actually, I'd like to see the Obama haters heads explode if Trump was proven right, when they realize they've had to endure 8 years under a bogus presidency that they despised...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:26 pm

hedge wrote:"that said, I would love to see the liberals heads explode if Trump was proved right on this."

Actually, I'd like to see the Obama haters heads explode if Trump was proven right, when they realize they've had to endure 8 years under a bogus presidency that they despised...
yea probably but whats done is done

If Trump keeps picking people who hate the department they are in charge of, they'll get the last laugh.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Obama is on his way out anyway, so.. why not cop to the whole birther thing? It'd be a helluva selfless act, since half the country and all the world think Trump is a joke. Give the new prez a boost and maybe he could bluff his way through the next four years without too many major catastrophes.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:17 pm

"If Trump keeps picking people who hate the department they are in charge of, they'll get the last laugh."

If Trump really does come in and get spending under control (or even makes a dent in it) and cut some of the bureaucracy in DC, I'll be the first to say good job. But from a guy who has built (proudly, too) his entire fortune on debt, including several bankruptcies, I'll believe it when I see it...

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:46 pm

As I stated in the beginning of this...my world is going to do fine with this presidency. The people who used to put car doors on Lincolns that hope Trump will get them their $28 an hour jobs back are going to be the ones that suffer. I swear, since Trump's election, rates have backed up and the equity markets have juiced enough that my end of year bonus has changed by a positive $18 - 20K over the past month. I wish I was only motivated by my short term financial gain then I would not be so annoyed by Trump's presidency. God bless the middle Americans who think shrugging off climate science and talking tough on globalization will stop the tide of where we are all going as an economy.

On the birther issue...meh. If anyone isn't clear about Black people's feelings on Trump as a racist, then ground zero is the birther charge. The whole thing smacks of invalidating the first black president. Spending time questioning his citizenship and then demanding to see his college transcripts are clear indications of racial bias in the eyes of Black people. Ted Cruz was born under the EXACT same scenario as Obama was accused of...and the fervor over it paled in comparison.

Beyond all of that, if the birth certificate were faked, Obama would be the least likely to know about it...considering it would have been faked when he was a child. So, I doubt that Rose Garden announcement on January 19 saying he is a Kenyan nationalist has a chance of materializing.
Last edited by Bklyn on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:46 pm

bluetick wrote: through the next four years

8 years

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Bklyn wrote: On the birther issue...meh. If anyone isn't clear about people's feelings on Trump as a racist, then ground zero is the birther charge. The whole thing smacks of invalidating the first black president. Spending time questioning his citizenship and then demanding to see his college transcripts are clear indications of racial bias. Ted Cruz was born under the EXACT same scenario as Obama was accused of...and the fervor over it paled in comparison.

Beyond all of that, if the birth certificate were faked, Obama would be the least likely to know about it...considering it would have been faked when he was a child.
again - The dems started it - not Trump - funny how that always overlooked.

you're also assuming that Cruz wouldn't have had that level of scrutiny - but Cruz never had the spotlight on him as serious contender.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:59 pm

again - The dems started it - not Trump - funny how that always overlooked.
Whether the Dems started it, or not...Trump held the torch high with his "team of investigators" and then saying that Obama probably was not smart enough to get into Harvard on the merits or was not a good student at HLS.

So, yeah, Black people (overall) remember EVERYTHING white people say on the record disparaging them or dogwhistling them. They remember what Bill said going into South Carolina in the 2008 Primaries. Shit, I remember things some of you guys have posted here 5 years back that made me question your views of Blacks. As Black people, we function in a very sensitive space regarding rhetoric because of the history of it in this country. However, as Black people, we also give passes to many if the ledger appears to tilt more to the good than to the bad. We did it with LBJ, JFK, and Bill Clinton. If you can prove your general sincerity to the struggle of Blacks in the country, we'll give passes. You just can't be Kramer yelling "he's a NIGGER" in a stand up act, say "sorry" afterwards and expect to hit the Apollo stage without getting a beatdown. You have to have some shit on the good side of the ledger. Trump hasn't shown it, besides saying a few weeks ago that he (now) likes Obama and they have good "chemistry." No number of Jim Brown or Kanye visits will turn the tide anytime soon.
Last edited by Bklyn on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:03 pm

C'mon eCat. Cruz was in the final 2 and won Wisconsin by a landslide. He was NEVER said to be illegitimate as a Presidential contender, although he was foreign born. As a matter of fact, it was basically shrugged off as being moot because he was still Constitutionally allowed to be President according to Con Law scholars. He was running for President and raised money and made it to the debates and did countless press events. It wasn't a point brought to him and it wasn't expected to be a challenge by the courts if he won the GOP nom. Would the GOP allow someone to run for President under their party, give them a platform and a final 2 chance for the nom if they were not eligible??? Nah, it wouldn't happen because Cruz was never threatened with that reality. At that point, why the fuck are we still talking about it with Obama? There must be something different there.

I will need to look back and see what differences may exist. So far, shit feels like it's related to race. Who knows? Maybe my Blackness has made me sensitive.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:14 pm

eCat wrote:Turkish reporters break down on the air when reporting on children in Allepo being operated on without anesthesia. I wouldn't have posted this if there was a child screaming in pain on the video, and since I don't speak Turkish I have no idea what they are saying but their emotion is compelling.

[youtube]a1K2bD-spL0[/youtube]

I used to think Obama's insistence on honoring the CDS payouts dollar for dollar via AIG was his biggest blunder, but once this Syria thing happened (and his "redline" statement in 2012) it quickly moved up to #1 as the biggest failing and act of cowardice in his 8 years in office. This atrocity is Rwanda and Kosovo added together, times 2.

I do think Assad is going to wind up in The Hague before it's all said and done, though. Russia may be able to protect him with the state of world as it is now.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:29 pm

Bklyn wrote:C'mon eCat. Cruz was in the final 2 and won Wisconsin by a landslide. He was NEVER said to be illegitimate as a Presidential contender, although he was foreign born. As a matter of fact, it was basically shrugged off as being moot because he was still Constitutionally allowed to be President according to Con Law scholars. He was running for President and raised money and made it to the debates and did countless press events. It wasn't a point brought to him and it wasn't expected to be a challenge by the courts if he won the GOP nom. Would the GOP allow someone to run for President under their party, give them a platform and a final 2 chance for the nom if they were not eligible??? Nah, it wouldn't happen because Cruz was never threatened with that reality. At that point, why the fuck are we still talking about it with Obama? There must be something different there.

I will need to look back and see what differences may exist. So far, shit feels like it's related to race. Who knows? Maybe my Blackness has made me sensitive.
Trump accused Cruz's dad of aiding in the Kennedy assasination

We're talking about it because Obama refuses to enforce immigration law and has used the justice department as his attack dog on Sheriff Arpaio who defies Obama's lack of support of immigration.

that's why we're talking about it. Arpaio has an axe to grind with Obama. Its not racial , its punitive.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:32 pm

Trump and Putin will make Assad Sec General of the UN.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:25 pm

eCat wrote:
bluetick wrote: through the next four years

8 years
2 years. He'll quit by then once he realizes he's in over his head.