Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Saint » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:38 pm

eCat wrote:I think I've been pretty clear about my expectations from Trump as president.

He's going to do alot of stuff that bothers me.

I just hope he accomplishes the big 3 - secure the border and stop the flow of immigrants, addresses Obamacare to the extent that its no longer the middle class funding the have nots, and does whatever with trade to focus on fair trade versues free trade, then I will consider that a gain for conservatives and America as a whole.
You're worried about that shit? How bad is your life? The fucking border? Immigrants? We're paying out the ass for a fucking band-aid at the doctor's office. Fuck Obamacare or Trumpcare if the cost of health care, not health insurance, doesn't come down. Everything you buy now costs a shitload and lasts for 3 weeks.

This country has a shit ton of problems it's not even coming close to fixing and it has nothing do with Muslims or Mexicans.

I really hope Trump can get some shit done but I'd be fool if I actually expected him to.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:I think I've been pretty clear about my expectations from Trump as president.

He's going to do alot of stuff that bothers me.

I just hope he accomplishes the big 3 - secure the border and stop the flow of immigrants, addresses Obamacare to the extent that its no longer the middle class funding the have nots, and does whatever with trade to focus on fair trade versues free trade, then I will consider that a gain for conservatives and America as a whole.
You're worried about that shit? How bad is your life? The fucking border? Immigrants? We're paying out the ass for a fucking band-aid at the doctor's office. Fuck Obamacare or Trumpcare if the cost of health care, not health insurance, doesn't come down. Everything you buy now costs a shitload and lasts for 3 weeks.

This country has a shit ton of problems it's not even coming close to fixing and it has nothing do with Muslims or Mexicans.

I really hope Trump can get some shit done but I'd be fool if I actually expected him to.
yes it does. You want those millions of young adults to pay for health care so it will go down? You have to give them wages that pay for it. You keep dumping cheap labor into this country then no one unskilled will ever see a living wage.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:50 pm

The low wages aren't going to Mexicans in this country,they're going to Chinese in China or Mexicans in Mexico. That genie is going to be hard to get back in the bottle, not to mention having wages (for everyone, not just the low end) catch up to the cost of living.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:51 pm

Un-SKEEEE-UWWWWWWLLLDDDD!!!!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:51 pm

I'm watching a commercial right now that says no one ever pays a bill at St. Jude's children's hospital...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm

"not to mention having wages (for everyone, not just the low end) catch up to the cost of living."

Yeah, but what about the fact that you get to have a supercomputer in your pocket for a hundred bucks that is more powerful than basically the entire NASA mainframe when we put a man on the moon? You could live on yams and water for less than $40 a month and go jack off at the library...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 pm

I intended to say more in that post, but that seemed like a good place to stop...

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:10 pm

hedge wrote:"not to mention having wages (for everyone, not just the low end) catch up to the cost of living."

Yeah, but what about the fact that you get to have a supercomputer in your pocket for a hundred bucks that is more powerful than basically the entire NASA mainframe when we put a man on the moon? You could live on yams and water for less than $40 a month and go jack off at the library...
I don't get to have that phone. I get to have a beat-up, 5-year-old LG flip phone that barely gets Facebook and how one demo Texas Holdem game (which I play when I take a shit) and nothing else and I can barely hear people talk because they sound like they're speaking through wax paper. Plus, the left-side keys have to be mashed 2 or 3 times to get them to work.

If I had such a device as you described, or one of those paneled basement dens with the big screen TV like eCat has, I wouldn't be complaining so much. I'm angry and poor and ready to start fucking shit up if Trump doesn't fix it all real soon.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:11 pm

hedge wrote:"not to mention having wages (for everyone, not just the low end) catch up to the cost of living."

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Saint wrote:

I don't get to have that phone. I get to have a beat-up, 5-year-old LG flip phone that barely gets Facebook and how one demo Texas Holdem game (which I play when I take a shit) and nothing else and I can barely hear people talk because they sound like they're speaking through wax paper. Plus, the left-side keys have to be mashed 2 or 3 times to get them to work.

If I had such a device as you described, or one of those paneled basement dens with the big screen TV like eCat has, I wouldn't be complaining so much. I'm angry and poor and ready to start fucking shit up if Trump doesn't fix it all real soon.

just wait til mexicans can use a word processor

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:17 pm

btw, I actually know someone who is moving to Ireland because of Trump being elected.

no job, no housing, 2 kids, single mom

just packing her shit up and thinking Ireland is going to welcome her with open arms.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:32 am

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:

just wait til mexicans can use a word processor
They'll still make more than me. Of course, by the time Trump get re-elected there won't be any media left in this country anyway.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:42 am

Not fair and balanced media like the Wilson Daily Times, anyway...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:44 am

President-elect Donald Trump said Ford Motor Co. will be keeping a Lincoln plant in the U.S. instead of moving it to Mexico.

“Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, Chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky -- no Mexico,” Trump wrote in posting on Twitter.

Ford builds the Lincoln MKC small sport-utility vehicle at its Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky alongside the Ford Escape SUV. Ford has never said it was considering moving MKC production to Mexico, where it builds the Lincoln MKZ sedan at its factory in Hermosillo.

Trump has criticized Ford for planning to move all its North American small-car production to Mexico, where wages are 80 percent lower than in the U.S. During the campaign, he threatened to slap Ford’s Mexican-built cars with a 35 percent tariff. He also said he would terminate the North American Free Trade Agreement, which lets goods flow between Mexico, the U.S. and Canada without tariffs.

Ford confirmed late Thursday it has told Trump its Lincoln SUV made at the Louisville assembly plant will stay in Kentucky.

“We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the U.S.,” the automaker said in an e-mailed statement.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 am

So Trump takes credit for saving a plant that was never going to move.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:15 am

very well could be, but assuming it happened Ford thought it was important enough to call him about it.

maybe Obama will throw some money at some insolvent alternative energy companies to balance it out.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:31 am

I suspect they know that Trump is an idiot and doesn't actually know anything. So, they tell him that they are not moving a plant without telling him that they never intended to move it anyway knowing that he'll broadcast some bullshit story about how he saved the day. They look good because now they are champions of American manufacturing, they score points with Trump since he's a moron and doesn't realize that nothing has changed here, and they score points with all his idiot supporters who also know nothing. It's a pretty smart move - all this positive PR for the status quo. Ford = not dumb. Trump people = very dumb.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:10 am

They also get the free publicity of eCat posting it in here...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Cletus wrote:I suspect they know that Trump is an idiot and doesn't actually know anything. So, they tell him that they are not moving a plant without telling him that they never intended to move it anyway knowing that he'll broadcast some bullshit story about how he saved the day. They look good because now they are champions of American manufacturing, they score points with Trump since he's a moron and doesn't realize that nothing has changed here, and they score points with all his idiot supporters who also know nothing. It's a pretty smart move - all this positive PR for the status quo. Ford = not dumb. Trump people = very dumb.

posts like that are why Trump got elected in the first place.

the arrogance of the elite and the enlightened.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:04 pm

How would you classify yourself politically, Cletus?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.