My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:52 pm

The anti-Hillary (and anti-Clinton in general) sentiment is being driven by the jealousy of white trash (which constitutes about 70% of the whiteys in this country) against one of their own who have made good. Making good is the one unforgivable sin to that crowd. Unless they remain obliviously true to their redneck roots, for instance, like the Clampets. But then they're just the subjects of comedy...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Owlman » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:57 pm

hedge wrote:The anti-Hillary (and anti-Clinton in general) sentiment is being driven by the jealousy of white trash (which constitutes about 70% of the whiteys in this country) against one of their own who have made good. Making good is the one unforgivable sin to that crowd. Unless they remain obliviously true to their redneck roots, for instance, like the Clampets. But then they're just the subjects of comedy...

But they like Bill. It's Hillary they think is evil. Which doesn't quite make sense. I mean, disagree with her. Evil? When did she become evil? Why isn't Bill evil as well?
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:30 am

Owlman wrote:
hedge wrote:The anti-Hillary (and anti-Clinton in general) sentiment is being driven by the jealousy of white trash (which constitutes about 70% of the whiteys in this country) against one of their own who have made good. Making good is the one unforgivable sin to that crowd. Unless they remain obliviously true to their redneck roots, for instance, like the Clampets. But then they're just the subjects of comedy...

But they like Bill. It's Hillary they think is evil. Which doesn't quite make sense. I mean, disagree with her. Evil? When did she become evil? Why isn't Bill evil as well?

white trash likes Bill?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:54 am

For the first time since the end of the Cold War, the German government plans to tell citizens to stockpile food and water in case of an attack or catastrophe, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung newspaper reported on Sunday.

Germany is currently on high alert after two Islamist attacks and a shooting rampage by a mentally unstable teenager last month. Berlin announced measures earlier this month to spend considerably more on its police and security forces and to create a special unit to counter cyber crime and terrorism.

"The population will be obliged to hold an individual supply of food for ten days," the newspaper quoted the government's "Concept for Civil Defence" - which has been prepared by the Interior Ministry - as saying.

The paper said a parliamentary committee had originally commissioned the civil defense strategy in 2012.

A spokesman for the Interior Ministry said the plan would be discussed by the cabinet on Wednesday and presented by the minister that afternoon. He declined to give any details on the content.

People will be required to stockpile enough drinking water to last for five days, according to the plan, the paper said.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:13 am

Saw this on PBS last night, Robert Byrd had a unique way of letting the rabble know he was still "one of them". Jumped up on a hickory stump and said "boy let me tell ya what, I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player too"...

[youtube]eTL4lec5H50[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:16 am

"The population will be obliged to hold an individual supply of food for ten days,"

I bet we could live for several months on the food that the MIF has stockpiled...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:43 am

Damn Costco...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:54 am

No, she doesn't really buy in bulk, but she just keeps getting the same shit every time she goes to the store. We've got gallons of olive oil and vinegar, ditto peanut butter, and all grades of snacks, nuts and chocolates. All cleaning supplies in triplicate, at least 50 bars of soap (may be more like 100). For my part, I have the wine closet and liquor cabinet very well furnished and the outside fridge well stocked with beer. In other words, the essentials...

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:01 pm

eCat wrote:
Owlman wrote: But they like Bill. It's Hillary they think is evil. Which doesn't quite make sense. I mean, disagree with her. Evil? When did she become evil? Why isn't Bill evil as well?

white trash likes Bill?
For me, outside of this SS Agent that wrote an Amazon best selling tell-all, I wonder why so many people who have worked with Hillary in the Senate and the State Department don't see her as this cold, ruthless, assassin/witch. Many people did not agree with her, but I don't know anyone who has said she wasn't on her game (even if they didn't like her results) during her professional tenures. That even counts the things she has done when she worked in Arkansas or NY before she was FLOTUS.

Hillary has never owned her narrative. A big part of that is her fault, but the image she has doesn't line up with the facts, by and large.

With all that said, I normally would never have voted for her under any circumstances (she is really a horrible politician, as far as campaigns), but this year is not normal...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:12 pm

I'm just glad Bill will be back in the White House...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Bklyn wrote:
eCat wrote:
Owlman wrote: But they like Bill. It's Hillary they think is evil. Which doesn't quite make sense. I mean, disagree with her. Evil? When did she become evil? Why isn't Bill evil as well?

white trash likes Bill?
For me, outside of this SS Agent that wrote an Amazon best selling tell-all, I wonder why so many people who have worked with Hillary in the Senate and the State Department don't see her as this cold, ruthless, assassin/witch. Many people did not agree with her, but I don't know anyone who has said she wasn't on her game (even if they didn't like her results) during her professional tenures. That even counts the things she has done when she worked in Arkansas or NY before she was FLOTUS.

Hillary has never owned her narrative. A big part of that is her fault, but the image she has doesn't line up with the facts, by and large.

With all that said, I normally would never have voted for her under any circumstances (she is really a horrible politician, as far as campaigns), but this year is not normal...
what is her game? being a ruthless predatory politician?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Yep Hedge, agree. I'm glad he will be too. Although I'm interested to have this Johnson guy in the debates. People are so upset with both Hillary and Trump that they need to at least have the chance to explore an alternative voice.

But yes, I'm comfortable if Bill is back in the White House. Worked good before.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Obviously to people who don't like him, having Bill back in the White House will be twice as bad as having just Hillary. But to me the value of having a two term president living right there with you, that is incredible value. Someone who has actually done the job for 8 years, knows all the players and the issues, having that guy in there with you to bounce ideas off of or discuss the issues with, I don't see any downside to that. Granted, having Trump's wife in there would be nice just from an eye candy perspective, but from a governing and policy perspective, she brings nothing. With Hillary we basically get two presidents for one...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Special, two plums for one...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 pm

I can't believe I agree with you. Thank God for Xanax to make this memory go away. Fast.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:47 am

Here's one, eCat...and it still sucks

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlotte-p ... mpairment/
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:59 am

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:47 am

Heh...much like this (although I'm not blaming Trump)

http://www.salon.com/2016/08/19/washing ... -arrested/

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:15 am

the difference is the BLM doesn't own their message anymore