Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:46 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:There are criminals in any sufficiently large group who will take advantage of a situation and steal. I view them separately than those who legitimately protest.

But if your argument is that there are people in a project who will steal stuff if the situation allows, then we are in agreement. Bad people are bad.
but that's the problem

when you make it communal - then you don't get to separate out the bad apples.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm not sure what "making it communal" really means. But, sure, I think I can see the protesters and support them, but not the ones who are thieves looking for a reason to loot.

It's like with anything; for example, people who drink are different than those who drink and drive or fight or rape or whatever. Same with a lawful gunowner and a person who uses it as a tool to commit a robbery, etc, etc.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:25 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:I'm not sure what "making it communal" really means. But, sure, I think I can see the protesters and support them, but not the ones who are thieves looking for a reason to loot.

It's like with anything; for example, people who drink are different than those who drink and drive or fight or rape or whatever. Same with a lawful gunowner and a person who uses it as a tool to commit a robbery, etc, etc.
or the police
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:29 pm

I just believe that protesting an injustice is more American than apple pie. Our country was literally founded on it. And some of it was destructive and most of that was due to some minuscule taxation (by today's standards) and the fact that we didn't have a real voice back in London.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:35 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:I just believe that protesting an injustice is more American than apple pie. Our country was literally founded on it. And some of it was destructive and most of that was due to some minuscule taxation (by today's standards) and the fact that we didn't have a real voice back in London.

BLM has gone off the rails IMO.

A woman releases a video with her narrative and people take it as gospel - 5 cops die the next night in Dallas

there is validity in their protests, but the random violence, looting and attacks on police means that its essentially a terrorist organization now.

which btw, should only compel the police to profile them even more.

I think Milwaukee pretty much proves the movement is just anarchy at this point.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Agreed

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:35 pm

hedge wrote:Goddamn it, I'm tired of this abuse. I'll gamble a stamp...

[img2]http://cf.collectorsweekly.com/uploads/ ... lasbig.jpg[/img2]
Damn that brings back memories of 10 cent Spiderman comics
My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:21 am

Now I'm wondering about the frame in which the guy professes that he'll gamble a stamp. Is he kicking out his leg in frustration over his current plight, or is he rushing with faggothly glee to the post office?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:25 am

Here's another version...

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:22 pm

eCat wrote:BLM has gone off the rails IMO.

A woman releases a video with her narrative and people take it as gospel - 5 cops die the next night in Dallas

there is validity in their protests, but the random violence, looting and attacks on police means that its essentially a terrorist organization now.

I think Milwaukee pretty much proves the movement is just anarchy at this point.
You've somehow managed to pull a Benghazi and a J. Edgar in the same post. Jesus that was beautiful. You've essentially nailed the internet message board version of the Triple Lindy.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Thornton Mellon rules
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Bklyn wrote:
eCat wrote:BLM has gone off the rails IMO.

You've somehow managed to pull a Benghazi and a J. Edgar in the same post. Jesus that was beautiful. You've essentially nailed the internet message board version of the Triple Lindy.
I love how selectively pure people want to make blm while ignoring the results of their actions as if they have no responsibility in the deaths of police officers

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:48 pm

I wonder if the KKK is considered a terrorist organization by the government?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Hopefully you are and a drone is headed straight for your noggin.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:54 pm

hedge wrote:I wonder if the KKK is considered a terrorist organization by the government?

Its a good question, so I looked it up.. The most leading answer is that a domestic hate group has never had the designation of terrorist

The more factual answer is that the KKK was disbanded as a unitary organization in 1944. While groups claim to be the KKK, they are small individual groups with no national structure and would only be recognized as hate groups by todays standards.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:21 pm

looks like heartland America still has some influence

-----------------

Plunging sales and a market cap crash of an estimated $11 billion have convinced Target to try to persuade customers with traditional values that their restrooms still are safe after the company announced earlier this year that people could use the facilities of the gender with which they ‘identify.”

On Wednesday, Fortune reported, the company announced plans to spend $20 million to add private single-stall locking bathrooms at many of its stories.

The report directly blamed the drop in shopper traffic at least partly on the retailer’s “transgender-friendly” bathroom policy.

That move in April prompted hundreds of thousands of Target shoppers to sign petitions and pledges to avoid the retailer.

Company officials downplayed the impact of the customer reaction in May when the next quarter report revealed plunging numbers and again this week when the numbers fell further.

Cathy Smith, the company’s chief financial officer, admitted in a media briefing this week “some of our guests like and some dislike our inclusive bathroom policy.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/target-addin ... oJspO6H.99

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Dollars always have influence. Foolish concerns, regardless.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:27 pm

eCat wrote:
Bklyn wrote:
I love how selectively pure people want to make blm while ignoring the results of their actions as if they have no responsibility in the deaths of police officers
Personally, I think BLM is hardly being ignored for any violence that occurs around BLM "sanctioned" events. Personally, I think BLM protests without incident are far more ignored. Personally, I think anyone who follows the story of BLM and their lose band of originators (Opal, Alicia and Patrice) views them as pure people. Personally, I think BLM has as much responsibility in the deaths of police officers as NWA had in the death of Officer Jeff Herman, Judas Priest had in teen suicides or CORE had in the deaths of James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Michael Schewerner in Mississippi.

BLM did not create this climate. The climate created BLM. BLM is not a perfect organization (their decentralization structure is a widely viewed critically and - to some - the reason why their message sometimes get co-opted), but it is closer to Dr. King's CORE, SNCC, SCLC structures than not.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Bklyn wrote:
eCat wrote:
Bklyn wrote:
Personally, I think BLM has as much responsibility in the deaths of police officers as NWA had in the death of Officer Jeff Herman, Judas Priest had in teen suicides or CORE had in the deaths of James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Michael Schewerner in Mississippi.
personally, I think that's horseshit. This idea that BLM represents a movement that has been happening for decades if not longer and we're at a tipping now is just a justification to ignore the violence generated by the protests.

There is a direct connection between BLM protests and targeting police. Its not random, its not peripheral and perhaps more concerning, BLM is also responsible for the rise in African Americans deaths.

The very people they are protesting against are now reluctant to protect them

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun ... o-release/

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:52 pm

That link looks like police retribution, personally. NYPD tried the same thing after Stop and Frisk was deemed unConstitutional. Baltimore PD did the same after Freddy Gray. They just stopped policing. In NY, when this tactic was implemented, crime didn't spike. Arrests were down and crime was static. In Baltimore the homicide and crime rate upticked. Apparently, Chicago is more Baltimore than NY. I wonder what the differences and similarities are with those places?

So, personally, you're giving me non sequitirs with that link. How many BLM protests have gone on without any incident with police, property or the broader community? Is it just time that is used to show a correlation to BLM activity and (apparently subsequent) "police targeting?" You post a link to a story relating to the Laquan MacDonald shooting and then speak about cops not wanting to protect the black citizenry??? The irony in that is fucking fantastic.

Personally, I see more parallels to BLM and the civil rights movement (all the way down to public support, media coverage and political rhetoric) than not...and that includes incidents of idiots throwing bottles or other bullshit.

So, yeah, it feels like a cop out to me...pun intended. Personally.