Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:46 am

Yeah, I was a little confused when you said that that little gibe was the one that had finally crossed the line. I felt that it was almost obligatory...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:06 am

"Its a different world at Hi-tech on how they take care of employees."

My buddy works as SAS in Cary, I was IM'ing him a few months ago asking him about some ergonomic chair he had at his house that he said he didn't like very much. He told me if I didn't like my chair at work to call the "ergo guy" to bring me a new one. I said "do you really have a guy there whose only job is to make sure everybody has a chair they're satisfied with?" and he said "not a guy, but guys", i.e., they have a whole department of people who go around and make sure everybody's desk is adjusted to the proper height (evidently the desks are adjustable as well as the chairs) and that they're happy with their chairs. Fucking ergo guy? Ergo department?? Jesus...

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Owlman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:12 am

So, while I was trying to get out from the storm, my son is waiting in Portland. He goes to downtown Portland to get some food (in an area where there are a number of establishments. While there, an outdoor fashion show is going on. So he's sitting and eating when about 200 yards away, all of a sudden, BLM starts a protest blocking the streets, etc. It doesn't last long, the police come and break it up. After the protest, 2 policemen walk up to my son and ask him what he's doing there. He tells them watching the fashion show (he's sitting there in jeans and a sports coat). They ask him for his ID and then accuse him of having a fake ID when it's Louisiana. They then ask why he's in Portland. He tells them he's watching the fashion show. Why isn't he in Louisiana (I guess this isn't a free country)? He's working at Intel. One of the police tell him he doesn't believe him. Why was he out protesting? Fortunately, the table next to him said that my son had been at that table watching the fashion show like them. They finally moved on.

Now, my son calls me at my father's house (can't call my cell because AT&T phones in Baton Rouge are out), and I have to calm him down. It's America and he is what he is.
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:30 am

Sucks

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:39 am

Did he get badge numbers or names, spacer?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:41 am

Owlman wrote:So, while I was trying to get out from the storm, my son is waiting in Portland. He goes to downtown Portland to get some food (in an area where there are a number of establishments. While there, an outdoor fashion show is going on. So he's sitting and eating when about 200 yards away, all of a sudden, BLM starts a protest blocking the streets, etc. It doesn't last long, the police come and break it up. After the protest, 2 policemen walk up to my son and ask him what he's doing there. He tells them watching the fashion show (he's sitting there in jeans and a sports coat). They ask him for his ID and then accuse him of having a fake ID when it's Louisiana. They then ask why he's in Portland. He tells them he's watching the fashion show. Why isn't he in Louisiana (I guess this isn't a free country)? He's working at Intel. One of the police tell him he doesn't believe him. Why was he out protesting? Fortunately, the table next to him said that my son had been at that table watching the fashion show like them. They finally moved on.

Now, my son calls me at my father's house (can't call my cell because AT&T phones in Baton Rouge are out), and I have to calm him down. It's America and he is what he is.
Impossible. Portland is a tolerant utopia! There was even a tv show!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:46 am

I'm not surprised. My list of stories is long. The number of incidents have dropped precipitously since I got deep into my 30s, but we are all the same since about 1973.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:13 am

I can relate. People treat me like I'm retarded when I tell them I am color blind and they ask me questions louder too.

I don't even tell cops I'm color blind when they pull me over

CBLM!!!!!!!!
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:28 pm

I am not ludicrous enough to say I can relate. I just don't know what else can be done to change it.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Mandatoy High School Graduation. You don't go to school, you go to juvie school.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:18 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Did he get badge numbers or names, spacer?
No. He was so startled, he didn't think about that. Just scared. What if he was executing his constitutional right and owned a gun?
My Dad is my hero still.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:27 pm

Well, he would have been shot, probably. At least with those cops, anyway.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:59 pm

people won't let this Harambe thing go

------------------------------

AUGUST 23--An “erratic” Ohio man who was “acting like a gorilla” and “masturbating on the sidewalk” is facing a disorderly conduct charge, according to police.

Responding to 911 calls about a pair of “white males running around the lot taking off their clothes,” Warren City Police Department cops Friday morning encountered Timothy Cook, 32, who reportedly had been “growling and punching the cement.”

Cook, a witness told officers, had entered a state motor vehicles office and began waving his arms around. He then exited the building and “began masturbating on the sidewalk,” according to a police report.

When a cop subsequently approached Cook, the suspect was sweating profusely and “acting like a gorilla.” Cook, an officer noted, was “squatting on all fours, punching the blacktop and jumping up and down screaming noncoherently.”

Cook was detained without incident and placed into an ambulance “due to his erratic behavior.” Paramedics treated Cook for an apparent overdose, though police records do not indicate what drug (or drugs) he may have used.

Seen above, Cook was charged with disorderly conduct while intoxicated. Cook’s cohort, Osmond LeMasters, 24, was busted on the same misdemeanor count.

Cook’s rap sheet includes multiple arrests for drug possession and theft, along with collars for burglary, criminal trespass, breaking and entering, domestic violence, possession of drug paraphernalia, and carrying a concealed weapon. Court records show that Cook has a pending felony narcotics possession case.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Probably the same guy who hacked the zoos twitter.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:51 am

What's Harambe?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:49 am

The name of that Gorilla that was shot at the Cinci zoo

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:04 am

Why is Hedge so stupid?

Oh wait.......I get it now.

Took me a few seconds

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Just read the Wikipedia account of Fuchida, who led the attack on Pearl Harbor and survived WWII as he slowly became a Christian and totally changed his beliefs. Fascinating. Will now look for a book on the man
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:05 pm

You do that. Take your time.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:20 am