eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:12 pm

read this morning

if a swimmer swallows 3 teaspoons of water that he/she is swimming in - outside, they have like a 99% of getting a virus at Rio
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 pm

At least it will make for an awesome 30 for 30.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 pm

they think they have a raw sewage problem now.....just wait
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:07 pm

This has disaster written all over it

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:34 pm

The Olympics have sucked for years.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:54 pm

Okay eCat, no 3 way, but here you go

These two airlines encourage their customers to join the 'mile high club'

http://www.businessinsider.com/mile-hig ... -us-2016-8
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:50 am

go to www.google.com/maps

and look up

Laurel Thrift Shop New Jersey

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:35 am

I am missing something.. I see a few reviews about a guy falling but nothing much else
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:27 am

I guess you may have to do it on a computer - google maps includes a "street" view photo with it

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:17 am

eCat wrote:I guess you may have to do it on a computer - google maps includes a "street" view photo with it

Are they disposing of the body?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:29 pm

Spent today moving my daughter into her first apartment down at UC. It's tiny but I remember my first place down there. It wasn't much bigger. Still have a few things left to move but I quit at 3. I'm old. I can only do so much.

Bring on the hookers! I'm finally living alone again.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:22 pm

Call your daughter, she needs the money now...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 pm

If there is such a thing as crossing the line here...that may have been it.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:13 pm

I wouldn't have said that to anyone but Rat. He's crossed a few lines himself, but it's all good...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 pm

sardis wrote:If there is such a thing as crossing the line here...that may have been it.
LOL

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:02 am

So the 22 year old is going to go to grad school at my alma mater. Intel is going to give him a summer job for 2 summers and guarantee him a job upon graduation that he isn't required to take. They appoint him to a job in Hillsboro (Portland). So he and I in May drive him to Portland. 6 hours to Dallas from Baton Rouge; 1 day to Pueblo, Colorado; 1 day to Ogden, Utah; and 1 day to Hillsboro, Oregon. Except for Amarillo to Raton, NM, the drive was quite beautiful. Then I take round trip back to Baton Rouge.

The return flight to Hillboro to meet him and drive down to Houston was Friday. The plan was to drive to Houston in 3 days. Doable. My flight out of Baton Rouge was scheduled for 12 noon on American Airlines. Of course that was the day of the storms and flooding. It was cancelled. The next flight out was 5:29 pm but there was no connection so they automatically put me on the 9:07 flight Saturday morning. At 7 the next morning after maneuvering around the high water, my wife drops me off at the airport. Sure enough my 9:07 flight is cancelled. But the 5:29 flight from the previous day had been delayed and was going out at 8:30 that am. There was a question of the ground crew not making it to the airport but there was space on the plane. I asked them to put me on that flight. Can't do it. Is it full??? No. But their system won't allow them to make changes to that flight because it was from the previous night. WTFF? HOW stupid is that. They tell me they will have to put me on standby on 2 pm flight. Then the 2 pm flight is cancelled. Only 10 people have shown up for the flight to Dallas now leaving at 8:30 pm. All other flights out of Baton Rouge on American have been cancelled. The MF'ers don't put me on that flight. I get scheduled on a 2:30 pm flight out of Lafayette, La (1 hour west of Baton Rouge). In the meantime, I call my wife to come get me. The road I took to get to the airport is now closed so I have to direct my poor sense of direction wife on an alternative route to get to the airport. After taking her down one street, I tell her to turn on Foster. She says she can't go on Foster. There's water. How much? She sees people on boats on the street. She eventually gets me. In the meantime, I get scheduled on a flight out of Houston. To get to Houston, I take the greyhound at 10:55. Parts of I10 are 1 lane, but I get to Houston at 4:15. (about 260 miles). My niece and her husband picks me up and takes me to Hobby Airport for my flight at 6:16. The sun is shining. But my flight is delayed until 7:30. No problem, my connection in Dallas is not until 10:10 pm. \\

Because there was another flight at my gate due to arrive and leave at 8, they decided circle my original flight and tranfers all of us on that 6:16 flight to the 8:00 flight to Dallas. I'd still have an hour to get to my connection in Dallas. At 7:45, they announce that the 8pm flight was diverted to Killeen, Texas due to weather because now the fucking storm is approaching Houston. They transfer all back to the 6:16 flight which they said is around the storm and will be able to land. However, I'd only have 20 minutes in Dallas to make my connection.

Well, guess what? That flight was cancelled as the storm has decided sit over Houston Hobby with a ton of lightning. They reschedule me for Sunday am which means I wouldn't get to Portland until 3pm. Impossible to <u>safely</> get back to Houston for orientation by 8am Wednesday, let alone back to Baton Rouge for my 5 pm first day of class on Tuesday.

Plus my wife sees this as divine threat to not go to Portland. My son arranges to ship the car back to Houston ($800), ship his high price computer back plus other things ($500), buys a late airline ticket ($550) and has had to stay in a hotel for the past 3 days.

What pisses me off is not the 5 cancelled flights, but the fact that if they had put me on that flight going out at 8:30 am, there wouldn't have been an issue.
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:48 am

Write the airline so they can take that opportunity to send you an email and voucher to their online merchandise store. That'll make you feel better and have them be more logical.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:24 am

congrats on the kid getting a job at intel though.

that isn't an easy gig to land.

A friend of mine has a daughter that got locked in at Microsoft.

Its a different world at Hi-tech on how they take care of employees.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:50 am

sardis wrote:If there is such a thing as crossing the line here...that may have been it.
It's all good. I expect it. It's the goatpen.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:01 am

[Youtube][/Youtube]It was just tongue and cheek. A lot worse has been said here than prognosticating Rats daughter's career prospects.