Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:51 am

aTm wrote:I don't believe that creating less regulation/government interference is a Trump plank. Trump is running on a protectionist domestic policy. He would want to roll back deregulation and take steps backwards on free trade. He's definitely not running on reducing tax burdens or balancing the budget by cutting spending or anything like that that I can tell.
I don't think it is either. I don't think I have any illusions about what Trump's presidency would mean. I could only hope he surrounds himself with the best people he can possibly get and run it like a corporation.

But I do believe he'd stack the supreme court (and I personally believe regardless of how the supreme court is stacked, abortion and gun freedom is here to stay).
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:11 pm

eCat wrote:
I don't think it is either. I don't think I have any illusions about what Trump's presidency would mean. I could only hope he surrounds himself with the best people he can possibly get and run it like a corporation.

Paul Manafort is having a rough week. He looked into the camera and swore Melania's speech absolutely wasn't cribbed, and later had to eat those words. Today he denied that Trump said yesterday what he said about not defending NATO allies, and he was given the transcript of the interview showing his candidates exact words to that effect.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:16 pm

bluetick wrote:
eCat wrote:

Paul Manafort is having a rough week. He looked into the camera and swore Melania's speech absolutely wasn't cribbed, and later had to eat those words. Today he denied that Trump said yesterday what he said about not defending NATO allies, and he was given the transcript of the interview showing his candidates exact words to that effect.
I would put up with a lot of nonsense in order to not have Hillary Clinton as president
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:55 pm

eCat wrote:
I would put up with a lot of nonsense in order to not have Hillary Clinton as president
Really - a LOT of nonsense? Like telling our NATO allies if the firing starts, you better have your bills paid?

Hell, we've all lived eight years under a Clinton regime and managed to come through it okay. Or maybe you don't remember it that way..?

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Owlman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:42 pm

This was Cruz's year. For Republicans, this is the most outsider election there is. If Trump loses big (and I think he'll get at least 44% of the vote), then Cruz will have no chance next election. Tea partiers will say it's the fault of Trump not being a true conservative, but the establishment Republican will blame it on the tea partiers. They have more money and money will matter more in the next election. If Hillary wins, winning will become more important than ideology.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:43 pm

It was a stupid pledge in the first place. On that I give Trump credit initially. Answer in 2020, "I intend to support the Republican nominee for President. But if he attacks my family, all bets are off."
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:44 pm

can't post the video

Hands up and still shot, but survived. His survival actually makes it worse for the police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... c-patient/
My Dad is my hero still.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:55 pm

[youtube]QAJRcRZPfwQ[/youtube]

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:05 pm

thank you
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:13 pm

bluetick wrote:
eCat wrote:
Really - a LOT of nonsense? Like telling our NATO allies if the firing starts, you better have your bills paid?

Hell, we've all lived eight years under a Clinton regime and managed to come through it okay. Or maybe you don't remember it that way..?
sure we did. But I have no desire to see an extension of Obama's legacy AND Hillary putting her stamp on the supreme court.

I want a reboot, not a clinton dynasty.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Owlman wrote:can't post the video

Hands up and still shot, but survived. His survival actually makes it worse for the police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... c-patient/
Thankfully they did not follow standard police procedure and hit him center mass.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:49 pm

this dude must love fucking with people

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:20 pm

tonights trump speech makes no difference

dems will be back up-8-10 % after the democratic convention. no way in hell the dems do what the repubs did to self destruct their convention.

then the Donald's only chance would be to smoke Hillary in the debates--which he will not--she will go into the 4 corner stall evade and deflect and point out no criminal charges etc etc

and she will be our 45th president. less people will continue to support more people. whites will continue to feel other lives matter more. terror will still rear its ugly head with mass shooting bombings and bloodshed headlining as often as not, the military will continue to be cornered into weakening either from decreased budgets or more attention to diversity and political correctness then what their true mission is. And during her presidency or the next the budget will crash and burn as the baby boomers and the workers get to that social security age with an administration unwilling to make any waves by shutting off the money. while the extremely rich continue to siphon away anything of a middle class due to the politicans turning an eye to the corruption that permeate wall street

im moving to belize

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:47 pm

as far as the therapist protecting the autistic kid and getting shot for it being all over the news now as the latest police brutality case
just to show the other side buried back on page 15 in the local news section
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/cr ... 80102.html

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:06 pm

eCat wrote:Trump - Caeser
Cruz - Brutus
No way. Brutus was the noblest Roman of them all. He genuinely loved Caesar but hated tyranny more. To equate the half measure (fucking A, the 1/10 measure) of what Cruz did out of hatred and bitterness compared to the balls and wherewithal and true moral anguish that Brutus navigated is giving Cruz a measure of glory that is entirely undeserved. Now then, if Cruz kills himself by literally falling on his own sword, I'll reconsider. But I won't hold my breath...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Jonah Goldberg

I find it nothing short of hilarious how so many seasoned political journalists (including many of my colleagues — and betters — at Fox) are visibly shocked and appalled by what Cruz did last night. Ever since I was a kid, the political press — left, right and center — has whined that there’s no drama at conventions any more. It’s all scripted. It’s just an infomercial. It’s just such a shame.

Well here comes Ted Cruz providing exactly the sort of drama they yearned for and many of these same voices are aghast at Ted Cruz’s effrontery. The word has gone out across the land: This is an outrage! Not since Caligula appointed his horse to the Roman senate has a political figure showed such contempt for decorum and the solemnity of politics! Last night and this morning, across the news channels, I’ve watched many people I respect -– and a great many more I don’t — talk about what a sore loser Cruz is.

There are two things to say about that. First, many of these people are willingly buying into Manafort’s stagecraft. The Trump team knew about the speech beforehand. The outrage on the floor may have ended up being genuine, but it started out manufactured. I understand that Chris Christie will spew whatever fake outrage his masters instruct, like a trained seal barking for another herring. But I don’t see why so many supposedly seasoned political observers are volunteering for service.

Second, what the hell are people talking about? This is part of the corruption of Trump. He called Ted Cruz a liar every day and in every way for months (it used to be considered a breach in decorum to straight up call an opponent a liar, never mind use it as a nickname). The insults against his wife, the cavalier birtherism, the disgusting JFK-assassination theories about his dad: These things are known. And yet the big conversation of the day is Ted Cruz’s un-sportsmanlike behavior? For real? But forget Cruz for a moment. For over a year, Trump has degraded politics in some of the most vile ways. His respect for the Republican party as the home of conservatism is on par with Napoleon’s respect for churches when he converted them into stables.

But that’s okay because he’s Trump. He’s a “winner.” And now that he’s the nominee, the Smart Set and the Mob is telling me that Cruz is the outrageous violator of norms and good manners. Let’s all look down our noses at the sore loser everybody, as we bend the knee and make every apology possible for the sorest, most ungracious winner in American history. When I watch Trump’s kitchen cabinet of yes men rise from their “Thank you, sir, may I have another?” prostrations just long enough to talk about Cruz’s self-interestedness, I have to laugh. Where’s your shinebox, Governor Christie?

Ted Cruz has never been my favorite politician. And I am not so naïve that I don’t recognize the gamble Cruz is making.

But if the choice is between forgiving Ted Cruz’s obvious political calculation to become the standard bearer of an authentic conservatism or Donald Trump’s lizard-brain narcissism where no principle or cause outranks his own glandular desire to be worshipped like a conqueror atop the carcass of conservatism, I choose Ted.

If the choice is between, say, congratulating the Boy Scoutish obedience of Mike Pence as he sells off bits and pieces of his soul like jewels from a family heirloom just to survive another day or Ted Cruz, who took the tougher road and refused to join the mewling mobs of toadies, apologists, human weathervanes, difference-splitters, and vacillators, I choose Ted.

If the choice is between suspending the rules of decorum, decency, and civility for Donald Trump as he casually badmouths his own country to the New York Times just as he secures the presidential nomination of the Republican party or accepting that we are in dark and uncharted waters and conscience must light the way, I choose Ted.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:51 pm

eCat wrote:this dude must love fucking with people

Black dudes that do that are more dangerous to me than walking into a biker bar in Central Texas.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:58 pm

crashcourse wrote:as far as the therapist protecting the autistic kid and getting shot for it being all over the news now as the latest police brutality case
just to show the other side buried back on page 15 in the local news section
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/cr ... 80102.html
<sigh>

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Really, tick? That's what worries you? NATO? An outdated post WWII era treaty?

Can't let those Krauts have an army!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:09 pm

sardis wrote:Really, tick? That's what worries you? NATO? An outdated post WWII era treaty?
I worry about things, sardis. Disability, death - funny moles. Running with scissors.

You could be right, though. Other than Yugoslav infighting, there hasn't been a major European conflict since NATO was formed 60+ years ago. That is your definition of outdated, right?