Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:21 pm

sardis wrote:They don't want to blame anyone who is not a white male protestant so they deflect blame away from the perpetrator and to an organization run by white male protestants.

fwiw, Wayne Lapierre is a devout Catholic.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:53 pm

eCat wrote:As I said earlier, I believe its time for America to say Muslims are not compatible with modern western democracy.

ALL muslims? Naturalized American citizen muslims? 3rd, 4th, 5th generation and beyond? Do you mean arab muslims? How about asian muslims or South American ones? And who is the designated American who says Muslims aren't compatible? And does he or she represent all of "modern western democracy?" Maybe Switzerland doesn't agree completely, or the Grand Caymans (or other notable financial havens heh).
I'd say the next step is to come up with some kind of deterrent for associating with people on the FBI watch list as well as creating or supporting an environment conducive to inciting radicalization of islam.
You want to support an environment conducive to inciting radicalization of islam? Diagram that sentence, young man.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:29 pm

The more muslims you have in your country the less democratic it is.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Does "equivalence" in "false equivalence" have two Ls or one?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:45 pm

bluetick wrote:
eCat wrote:As I said earlier, I believe its time for America to say Muslims are not compatible with modern western democracy.

ALL muslims? Naturalized American citizen muslims? 3rd, 4th, 5th generation and beyond? Do you mean arab muslims? How about asian muslims or South American ones? And who is the designated American who says Muslims aren't compatible? And does he or she represent all of "modern western democracy?" Maybe Switzerland doesn't agree completely, or the Grand Caymans (or other notable financial havens heh).
I'd say the next step is to come up with some kind of deterrent for associating with people on the FBI watch list as well as creating or supporting an environment conducive to inciting radicalization of islam.
You want to support an environment conducive to inciting radicalization of islam? Diagram that sentence, young man.
yes all muslims

the idea that America's magic dirt converts them over to flag waving Americans just isn't working - and I think we all know who is the designated American at this point.

The responsibility falls to them to police their own and they're failing miserably at it - either by apathy or empathy.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:51 pm

The Obama administration has created a “resettlement surge center” which has produced a pouring of 100 Syrian refugees in the U.S. per day. The very real risk to Americans – the lack of proper vetting of these individuals by the quick processing that is being done, almost all of them reported to be Muslims.

Over 100 Syrian refugees have been admitted every day in June according to the federal government’s own database from the Refugee Processing Center. More than 1,000 were admitted in May. The rate of those admitted has sky-rocketed when compared to the 3,755 accepted in fiscal year 2016.

The Conservative Review reported these numbers, and that approximately 100-250 were admitted during the first six months of fiscal year 2016. It noted that the Associated Press reported in April that the federal government set up a “resettlement surge center” in Amman, Jordan in February. The center is now interviewing approximately 600 people a day.

The “vetting” process, already questioned by leaders in the country, has been fast-tracked from 18-24 months to just three months. The “refugee mill” can now go through thousands of applications every month.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/06/ ... s-per-day/

an ideology is at war with us and we're putting their soldiers in our backyards
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:13 pm

sardis wrote:The more muslims you have in your country the less democratic it is.
Meh. Muslims make up less than 1 pct. of the U.S. population. They'll hit 2 pct. well after we've shuffled off this mortal coil.

The more timely threat to democracy would be an autocrat..maybe somebody who professes to have few advisors because "he has a great brain," a self-aggrandizer of epic proportions.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:32 pm

good, easier to round them up

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:33 pm

For only being 1% of the population they sure do more than their fair share of terror in this country.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:50 pm

While immigrants draw much of the attention, it’s their children who are proving to be the most fruitful recruiting ground for radical jihad in the U.S., accounting for at least half of the deadly attacks over the past decade.

The latest instance of the second-generation terrorist syndrome played out in Orlando, Florida, over the weekend when Omar Mateen, son of immigrants from Afghanistan, went on a jihad-inspired rampage, killing 49 people and wounding 53 others in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

Authorities said Mateen had flirted with other terrorist groups but declared his allegiance to the Islamic State on Sunday morning as he began his horrific spree.

He follows in the footsteps of Syed Rizwan Farook, one of the San Bernardino, California, terrorists who was the son of Pakistanis; Nadir Soofi, one of two men who attacked a drawing competition in Garland, Texas, last year and whose father was from Pakistan; and then-Maj. Nidal Hassan, the child of Palestinian immigrants whose shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009 set off the modern round of deadly lone-wolf attacks.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:05 pm

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:08 pm

sardis wrote:For only being 1% of the population they sure do more than their fair share of terror in this country.
49 dead Orlando, 14 San Bernadino, 13 Ft. Hood, 4 Chattanooga

475,000 gun deaths in the U.S. since 2001

Sardis, you are 1200x more likely to shoot yourself than to be shot by a terrorist. Be careful when you clean that .410.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Looks like Omar's jihad was initially with his own sexuality.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:21 pm

bluetick wrote:
sardis wrote:The more muslims you have in your country the less democratic it is.
Meh. Muslims make up less than 1 pct. of the U.S. population. They'll hit 2 pct. well after we've shuffled off this mortal coil.

The more timely threat to democracy would be an autocrat..maybe somebody who professes to have few advisors because "he has a great brain," a self-aggrandizer of epic proportions.
Sorta like we've had for going on eight years now.
Let 'er Blow!

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Bklyn wrote:Looks like Omar's jihad was initially with his own sexuality.
His religion did him no favors in coming to terms with what he was but it looks like the whole ISIS thing was a convenient cover.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:39 am

The thing most people don't understand about Muslim terrorists is one thing: They are in it for the long haul.

They have no issue waiting 6-9 months between attacks. They have no issue with lone wolves going off and murdering people. They have no issue with Americans arguing with ourselves over guns and how we should respect their culture and be tolerant all the while they plan whatever then blame society for it. They have no issue with us arguing over what bathroom to use.

They are patient and calculating. If you show any kind of American pride, you are pretty much labeled a racist redneck. Well, only until the next attack where you change your Facebook profile to have rainbows and pound your chest as a true Americans. Until someone has their feelings hurt because they were <whatever label is next> and that they should be allowed <whatever their cause is>. Having an opposing view? Ignorant and racist.

They are in for the long con and letting us just eat each other till we are weak enough for a major strike that will cause real long term damage. It may not happen in our lifetime but within the next 75 years, it will.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:42 am

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:00 am

"His religion did him no favors in coming to terms with what he was but it looks like the whole ISIS thing was a convenient cover."

I'm trying to think of one that would've given him a favor figuring that one out. Every one I can think of would offer "No" as the only option...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 am

"They are in for the long con and letting us just eat each other till we are weak enough for a major strike that will cause real long term damage. It may not happen in our lifetime but within the next 75 years, it will."

I've got a little more faith that sex, drugs and rock and roll will turn them before they turn us. Like you say, it may take some time, but eventually most people will figure out that a free, generally nonsectarian culture is the way to go. Of course, there are always going to be pathologically religious-minded folks out there, but they will more and more be regarded as a disease rather than the rule. Again, it will take some time (look how long it took for America to be invented), but we'll get there. The biggest problem will be if some of those folks get nukes. It won't end the world but it'll be bad. It might actually take something like that before most people actually figure out that this religious bullshit is the cause of our problems, not the cure...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:17 am

To his dad, killing a bunch of Americans is one thing....being gay is a whole 'nother matter