Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:44 pm

Multiple accusations of sexual assault. Never charged.

Multiple accusations of sexual assault. Charged.

Seems like the prosecutions are out of whack...
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Quote of the day:
Especially if you are anti-abortion, which has always made [Libertarian Party candidate Gary] Johnson "a nonstarter for social conservatives." That was true in 2012 and it's still true in 2016. The difference today is that if you are a #NeverTrump, #PleaseNotTrump, #ReallyNoNotTrumpUnlessIHaveTo, #FuckItIWillVoteForTrumpOverHillaryIJustWontTalkAboutIt conservative, you don't have a candidate for whom you can vote.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/07/is-th ... -goodbye-t
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Image
Multiple accusations of sexual assault. Never charged.
Multiple accusations of adultery don't lead to charges. Neither do salacious stories in Breitbart or WND.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:02 pm

Multiple accusations of adultery don't lead to charges. Neither do salacious stories in Breitbart or WND.
I didn't say "adultery." I said "sexual assault." And It wasn't stories in Breitbart or WND.

In Juanita Broaddrick's case it was printed in the Washington Post and aired on NBC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/po ... 022599.htm

It was also reported, in graphic detail, in the WSJ:
"He told me, 'We're both married people,' " she recalls. She recalls, too, that in her effort to make him see she had no interest of this kind in him, she told him yes, they were both married but she was deeply involved with another man--which was true. She was talking about the man she would marry after her divorce, David Broaddrick, now her husband of 18 years.

The argument failed to persuade Mr. Clinton, who, she says, got her onto the bed, held her down forcibly and bit her lips. The sexual entry itself was not without some pain, she recalls, because of her stiffness and resistance. When it was over, she says, he looked down at her and said not to worry, he was sterile--he had had mumps when he was a child.

"As though that was the thing on my mind--I wasn't thinking about pregnancy, or about anything," she says. "I felt paralyzed and was starting to cry."

As he got to the door, she remembers, he turned.

"This is the part that always stays in my mind--the way he put on his sunglasses. Then he looked at me and said, 'You better put some ice on that.' And then he left."
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB919379691540145000

How is that any different from Bill Cosby?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:16 pm

In Kathleen Willey's case, her deposition of Clinton's sexually assaulting her was also reported by the Washington Post:
Q. Did Mr. Clinton ever seek to take either of your hands and place it on his body anyplace?
A. Yes.
Q. Please describe that. . . .
A. He put his hands – he put my hands on his genitals.
Q. Which hand?
A. I don't recall.
Q. And approximately how long did that last?
A. I don't recall.
Q. What was your reaction?
A. It was very unexpected.
Q. Were you surprised?
A. Yes.
Q. Did you resist?
A. Yes.
Q. How?
A. I just resisted.
Q. Did you try to push him away?
A. Yes.
Q. Were you successful?
A. Yes.
Q. Immediately successful?
A. I don't recall the time frame.
Q. Did you attempt to withdraw your hand from his genital area?
A. Yes.
Q. Promptly?
A. Yes.
Q. Were you successful?
A. As best I recall.
Q. Immediately successful?
A. I don't recall. I don't know what you mean by "immediate."
Q. Well, were you able to remove your hand from his genital area within a second or two?
A. Probably.
Q. Could you tell whether he was aroused?
A. Yes.
Q. And was he?
A. Yes.
Q. After you withdrew your hand from his genital area, what's the next physical thing that happened during that encounter?
A. I left.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/po ... 031398.htm
That's called sexual assault, except when Bill Clinton does it.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Reading on, you find that Ms. Willey returned to the very scene of the crime twice, without an appointment, to call on WJC in the Oval Office. Apparently her trauma subsided enough to allow Bill some more cracks at her.

Clinton was a womanizer - a horndog of the first order. And all of it was covered and uncovered by Kenneth Starr, yet Clinton left office with the highest approval rating of any exiting president in the history of the Gallup poll.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Trumps Lawyer Donates Money to Hillary's Campaign - Reuters

lol

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:13 pm

Reading on, you find that Ms. Willey returned to the very scene of the crime twice, without an appointment, to call on WJC in the Oval Office. Apparently her trauma subsided enough to allow Bill some more cracks at her.
She was practically asking for it, right?
Clinton was a womanizer - a horndog of the first order. And all of it was covered and uncovered by Kenneth Starr, yet Clinton left office with the highest approval rating of any exiting president in the history of the Gallup poll.
That's when I realized the liberals were taking over the country.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:16 am

Professor Tiger wrote:That's when I realized the liberals were taking over the country.
Dude. Modern liberalism in America was normative from the 1850s until the late 1950s. Conservatives like Dwight Eisenhower & Earl Warren would have no place in today's conservative movement. Civil Rights & Communism sparked the conservative rise in the 20s, but the economic collapse and the war (sound familiar?) stunted it's rise until the 60s, when the racists and oligarchs joined forces.

William F. Buckley, Jr. - the Thomas Jefferson of modern conservatism - was the quintessential example of the paradox of that union: he was the son of an oil magnate, raised & schooled primarily in France & England. Served in the army for 2 years in WWII - commissioned as a 2LT right out of high school - but the closest he got to combat was in Ft. Gordon, Georgia. Enrolled in Yale after the war, joined Skull & Bones, served as an FBI informant as an undergrad, was recruited into the CIA and married a wealthy industrialist's daughter. Never worked a job that wasn't arranged or funded by family connections.

That guy was the spokesperson for Working Class White Males.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:16 am

Civil Rights was going on in the 1920's?

Speaking of Buckley's resume, how does this one sound:

Born in a comfortable suburb of Chicago. Educated at Wellesly and Harvard law. Was fired from her job in the impeachment of Nixon. Married the future Governor of Arkansas. Immediately after that election, and way ahead of schedule for an associate, became partner at the prestigious Rose Law firm. Through her connections at Rose, invested $1,000 in cattle futures (a field she knew nothing about), and in one year, made $100k. When her husband became President, her husband put her in charge of creating government run health care. She failed.

After her husband left office, she used his connections to run for Senator in a state she had never lived in. She won. She served two terms, but did not sponsor any legislation of note.

She ran for President and lost. The male winner appointed her as Secretary of State. Her time at that post was racked by scandal, the unnecessary death of a US ambassador, and the complete meltdown of US influence in the Midfle East to Islamic terrorism.

After leaving State, became extremely close to Wall Street and the financial industry, making numerous $250k speeches that lasted 20 minutes, and creating vast fortune. Along with her husband, created the Clinton Global Initiative. The CGI has taken large sums of money from countries with the world's worst civil rights records. Charity watchdogs give CGI the worst possible ratings in terms of financial transparency and money actually being spent on poverty.

This is the person who will fight for middle class America and punish Wall Street.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:41 am

Before anybody responds by summarizing Trump's fragrant resume, don't bother. At least for my benefit. I will agree with most or all of your criticisms. He is a very successful but shady businessman with more bodies buried than Arlington cemetery. He is an amoral arrogant jerk and temperamentally unfit to be President.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:59 am

The Clinton family has buried more people than Trump.

I am voting Trump just to blow the entire system up. Chaos brings change.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:22 am

BigRedMan wrote:The Clinton family has buried more people than Trump.

I am voting Trump just to blow the entire system up. Chaos brings change.
I understand that sentiment. It appeals to me too. I greatly dislike the GOP Establishment, and would love to metaphorically blow them up. But a vote for Trump is extremely likely to elect Hillary, who is the personification of the status quo. (Admittedly, voting third party or not voting will also elect Hillary.)

Plus, the change you seek from blowing things up may not be the change you want. The French Revolution was a Big Bang, but brought Robespierre and the guillotine. The Russian Revolution was a big blowup and ushered in Stalin and the firing squads.

Maybe a Trump Presidency will instead bring in a Washington and a Jefferson. If Trump wins (and I don't think he will), I'll be hoping that will be the result. But if Trump loses, the Establishment will say, "See? We told you plebeians this would happen. Get back in your places!" They will be strengthened, not blown up.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:00 am

We took a chance on a know-nothing america hating muslim, we can take a chance on rich, jobs creating arrogant populist. The only difference is the MSM will definitely point out ALL of Trump's shortcomings.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:23 am

Just like your wife points out yours...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:33 am

Heh, just wait till yer wife hits menopause, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 am

Hedge's wife hasn't even hit puberty yet, much less menopause.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:32 am

Thank god there was no social media when JFK was President. Not really.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:12 am

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:26 am

Trump will put all of that foreign policy stuff right, you bet. With the help of John Miller and John Baron and the likes of Steve Austin and Walker, Texas Ranger.