Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Fri May 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Yeah, like Trump never said he was going to self-finance his whole campaign, he won't gonna take money from nobody so he wouldn't have to be beholden to nobody. Oh, wait...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Fri May 06, 2016 6:23 pm

The one thing EVERYBODY can agree on...he gets away with saying and doing what he wants better than any national politician has in recent memory.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 06, 2016 7:42 pm

My problem is nobody has yet to question him on actual issues. Do we really honesty believe he's going to be able to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it? The dude is a hot head. I've worked for his doppleganger. How is he going to handle the next 9/11, Russian Fly By or killing the next Osama? The dude is scary. Scary as in do you really want him in charge of the button when Putin announces that he fucked Trumps wife first when she was 16? Again. God help us. The only people who win if he's elected are those hunkered down in compounds waiting for Mulder & Scully to save them.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri May 06, 2016 10:35 pm

yea he is a hothead

but there are a bunch of people out there they will look past it. The internet has finally woke enough people up to just how owned these politicians are.

Look at what is happening now - the speaker of the house is refusing to support his parties nominee.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Fri May 06, 2016 11:02 pm

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:What do you mean? Trump is the ultimate takeover. He's the purest form of business running the gov't without any pretense whatsoever.
I'm too wore out from arguing with Cruz people to engage you

just vote for Hillary - just remember how much you've prospered under a Democrat for the last 8 years.
Rat has prospered. I live in a far right-wing policy state. Turned surplus into 8 straight years of cuts plus mid-year cuts. It's been pretty good for my roommate (small businessman in Chicago), great for my sister and BIL (just bought a 13,000 sq foot home in Detroit suburb)
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri May 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Code: Select all

but there are a bunch of people out there they will look past it. 
That's not a surprise. But I can't afford that. I'm more worried about my children. Trump is running based on the id of people. True, my id gets irritated and wants to run over the teen crossing in front of my car against the light, but I control my id. Whatever the people's id, Trump says it. May make him somewhat popular for some people, but not practical.

I was hoping Cruz would win. I need both parties to be willing to compromise. That's when divided govt works.
My Dad is my hero still.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sat May 07, 2016 1:29 am

We're all going to die if Trump wins

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat May 07, 2016 7:16 am

Not in the streets, though...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat May 07, 2016 7:18 am

Owlman wrote:
I was hoping Cruz would win. I need both parties to be willing to compromise. That's when divided govt works.
and you think Cruz was a compromiser? over a guy who wrote a book called The Art of the Deal?

Also, in terms of prospering, I don't think you or Rat's tax bracket is quite what the people who have been hit hard by bad economics are who they are focused on. I don't think I'm included in that as well

I'm just not willing to listen to anyone who has said the country has moved forward for the poor and middle working class - unless you believe that government assistance is the definition of moving forward.

I"m not saying it did under Bush either - but thats a big part of the reason why the GOP has been rejected outright.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat May 07, 2016 7:19 am

"great for my sister and BIL (just bought a 13,000 sq foot home in Detroit suburb)"

13,000 sq. ft?? Jesus christ. What's that worth in Detroit?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat May 07, 2016 7:51 am

What a bunch of scared pussies.

I have prospered, too. Business has doubled, but we are the 1% and we would improve under any system. The middle class saw their net worth drop during the housing crisis, saw their healthcare costs increase then totally screwed up by Obamacare. They saw college costs increase more than their wages, make just enough to be ineligible for assistance and have to tell their senior daughter that she can't go to college with her friend, but take two years of community college instead.

Yeah, life is still pretty good for us, and a pretty easy go for the lower 30%, to be honest, but not for 60% middle of this country who are mad as hell and would just as soon burn the whole system down by either Trump or Sanders than have to be nauseated with another entitled Clinton or Bush.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 07, 2016 7:52 am

Bring back Bill.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat May 07, 2016 12:33 pm

hedge wrote:"great for my sister and BIL (just bought a 13,000 sq foot home in Detroit suburb)"

$200

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat May 07, 2016 12:39 pm

there should be some serious concern with the idea that subsidized health care for people translates to them prospering.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sat May 07, 2016 2:30 pm

This is why Trump is just as establishment as anyone else, probably even more so.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... rants.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat May 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Saint wrote:This is why Trump is just as establishment as anyone else, probably even more so.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... rants.html
Jeb Bush had all the handlers and money in the world at his disposal to get the White House.

If you aren't motivating the people to vote, it won't matter - and I can't imagine any groomer or handler advising Trump to call illegals Rapists and Criminals starting out of the gate as a differentiator between him and the pack.

The best part is the media still thinking they can influence the people against him.

And as for politicians....
Let Graham talk shit about him, let McCain talk shit about him - they have to run for re-election one day and a Trump presidency would pretty much mean they have a future in some think tank somewhere rather than congress.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat May 07, 2016 6:26 pm

hedge wrote:"great for my sister and BIL (just bought a 13,000 sq foot home in Detroit suburb)"

They left suburban San Fran. The house they moved in was somewhere about 2.1 million. And to think they both flunked out of medical school
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat May 07, 2016 6:28 pm

sardis wrote:What a bunch of scared pussies.

I have prospered, too. Business has doubled, but we are the 1% and we would improve under any system. The middle class saw their net worth drop during the housing crisis, saw their healthcare costs increase then totally screwed up by Obamacare. They saw college costs increase more than their wages, make just enough to be ineligible for assistance and have to tell their senior daughter that she can't go to college with her friend, but take two years of community college instead.

Yeah, life is still pretty good for us, and a pretty easy go for the lower 30%, to be honest, but not for 60% middle of this country who are mad as hell and would just as soon burn the whole system down by either Trump or Sanders than have to be nauseated with another entitled Clinton or Bush.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/09 ... continuing
From the Kaiser Foundation: New data released today by the Kaiser Family Foundation show that premium growth in employer-sponsored coverage remained slow in 2015, extending the recent streak of unusually slow growth. Taken together with estimates of current trends in Medicare spending released this summer, these data suggest that underlying growth in per-enrollee health care costs remains low, even as the dramatic expansion in coverage since early 2014 drives a temporary uptick in the growth of aggregate health care spending. Recent years’ slow growth in health care costs—which is thanks in part to the Affordable Care Act—is already generating major benefits for workers and our fiscal outlook. Looking ahead, keeping these positive trends going will require that we continue to make good use of the tools provided by the Affordable Care Act, including: moving our health care system toward payment models that reward efficient, high-quality care; continuing to foster a transparent and competitive Health Insurance Marketplace; and implementing the law’s tax provision that encourages high-cost employer plans to become more efficient.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat May 07, 2016 6:32 pm

eCat wrote:
Owlman wrote:
and you think Cruz was a compromiser? over a guy who wrote a book called The Art of the Deal?

Also, in terms of prospering, I don't think you or Rat's tax bracket is quite what the people who have been hit hard by bad economics are who they are focused on. I don't think I'm included in that as well

I'm just not willing to listen to anyone who has said the country has moved forward for the poor and middle working class - unless you believe that government assistance is the definition of moving forward.

I"m not saying it did under Bush either - but thats a big part of the reason why the GOP has been rejected outright.
Cruz a compromiser?? Absolutely not. I wanted Cruz to lose bigtime to eliminate the far right of the Republican party's opinion that the reason they lost to Obama was because they were running moderates (who both moved to the right to get the nomination). Republican politicians are scared of the right, but not of the middle of Democrats. Democrat politicians are scared of challenges from moderates and on their left.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat May 07, 2016 6:35 pm

I was expecting this but the author is correct, Gary Johnson just won't cut it:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/05/07 ... isappears/
The Libertarian Party Can Have A Great Year, But Only if Gary Johnson Disappears
My Dad is my hero still.