Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:06 am

Obama has emptied Gitmo. He's so proud at this incredible achievement.

He expects that now, all over the world, there are thousands of recruits standing in line at the terrorist recruiting stations who heard the news and therefore decided that the Great Satan isn't so bad after all, and went back home to live in peace with us.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:12 am

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:33 am

Donald Trump Threatens to Spill the Beans on Rival's Wife - Wall Street Journal

Trump Lashes Out, Vows to Spill the Beans on Heidi Cruz - Fox News

DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO 'SPILL THE BEANS' ON HEIDI CRUZ IN RESPONSE TO AD SHAMING MELANIA - Brietbart.com

LMMFAO
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:30 am

Pure comedy. Trump followers crack me up.

10ac
Senior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Heh, don't get personal with the Trumpster. Great fun if he runs against the PAH.
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:24 pm

10ac wrote:Great fun if he runs against the PAH.
I predict dueling sex tape revelations of the other candidates with their "other" women.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:09 pm

I wish you were raped by the kid playing dueling banjos in Deliverance...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:38 pm

F

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Obama has emptied Gitmo. He's so proud at this incredible achievement.

He expects that now, all over the world, there are thousands of recruits standing in line at the terrorist recruiting stations who heard the news and therefore decided that the Great Satan isn't so bad after all, and went back home to live in peace with us.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 3-12-58-40

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:36 pm

https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

In 1994, John Ehrlichman, the Watergate co-conspirator, unlocked for me one of the great mysteries of modern American history: How did the United States entangle itself in a policy of drug prohibition that has yielded so much misery and so few good results? Americans have been criminalizing psychoactive substances since San Francisco’s anti-opium law of 1875, but it was Ehrlichman’s boss, Richard Nixon, who declared the first “war on drugs” and set the country on the wildly punitive and counterproductive path it still pursues. I’d tracked Ehrlichman, who had been Nixon’s domestic-policy adviser, to an engineering firm in Atlanta, where he was working on minority recruitment. I barely recognized him. He was much heavier than he’d been at the time of the Watergate scandal two decades earlier, and he wore a mountain-man beard that extended to the middle of his chest.

At the time, I was writing a book about the politics of drug prohibition. I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. “You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

I must have looked shocked. Ehrlichman just shrugged. Then he looked at his watch, handed me a signed copy of his steamy spy novel, The Company, and led me to the door.

Nixon’s invention of the war on drugs as a political tool was cynical, but every president since — Democrat and Republican alike — has found it equally useful for one reason or another. Meanwhile, the growing cost of the drug war is now impossible to ignore: billions of dollars wasted, bloodshed in Latin America and on the streets of our own cities, and millions of lives destroyed by draconian punishment that doesn’t end at the prison gate; one of every eight black men has been disenfranchised because of a felony conviction.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:11 pm

Did the Belgians recently play a YouTube video that was offensive to Muslims?

If so, the Brussels bombings were merely a peaceful protest that got out of hand - regrettable, but almost understandable.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:36 pm

JD, why didn't you mention the first black president - Bill Clinton - who doubled down on the War on Drugs started by Nixon? The sex addict in chief's '94 Crime Bill included "three strikes and you're out" and the execrable "mandatory minimum" sentencing. Bill Clinton, the patron saint of the Aftican American community, did more to lock black people up by the millions than Nixon and Erlichman ever dreamed of.

FTR, as a person who has spent the past 20 years in corrections, I think Clinton's mandatory minimum drug sentencing is the greatest injustice visited upon black America since since slavery and Jim Crowe.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:57 am

Professor Tiger wrote:JD, why didn't you mention the first black president - Bill Clinton - who doubled down on the War on Drugs started by Nixon? The sex addict in chief's '94 Crime Bill included "three strikes and you're out" and the execrable "mandatory minimum" sentencing. Bill Clinton, the patron saint of the Aftican American community, did more to lock black people up by the millions than Nixon and Erlichman ever dreamed of.

FTR, as a person who has spent the past 20 years in corrections, I think Clinton's mandatory minimum drug sentencing is the greatest injustice visited upon black America since since slavery and Jim Crowe.
I always look for root causes. Clinton definitely FUBARed it, but without Nixon in 68, there is no draconian Clinton crime bill 25 years later.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:10 am

bluetick wrote:
Johnette's Daddy wrote:So now the pundits are saying that Nancy Reagan (RIP) was responsible for the fall of the Soviet Union. Revisionism at its highest form.
Sick Hate Tweets Against Nancy Reagan Expose Lefts Deadly Agenda - Breitbart
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ly-agenda/

Typical "here's my point and 0.0000001% sampling of the twitter-verse backs me up" for sure, but the article brings up something many Reagan supporters would probably just as soon leave alone:

Part of the argument that the War on Drugs was effectively a war on black people is based on the 1986 Anti-Drug Abuse Act, which was signed by President Reagan on October 27, 1986.

One provision of the act mandated a minimum sentence of 5 years without parole for possession of 5 grams of crack cocaine while it mandated the same for possession of 500 grams of powder cocaine, a disparity that critics say was caused by racism due to the idea that crack cocaine is used predominantly by black people whereas powder cocaine was used by whites
.[/quote
]
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:15 am

"JD, why didn't you mention the first black president - Bill Clinton - who doubled down on the War on Drugs started by Nixon? The sex addict in chief's '94 Crime Bill included "three strikes and you're out" and the execrable "mandatory minimum" sentencing."

Mandatory minimum sentencing on the federal level was in play before Clinton was in office...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:17 am

"One provision of the act mandated a minimum sentence of 5 years without parole for possession of 5 grams of crack cocaine while it mandated the same for possession of 500 grams of powder cocaine"

The 5 year minimum mandatory was for up to 2000 grams of powder cocaine...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:18 am

"FTR, as a person who has spent the past 20 years in corrections, I think Clinton's mandatory minimum drug sentencing is the greatest injustice visited upon black America since since slavery and Jim Crowe."

Substitute Reagan for Clinton...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:23 am

DOH!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:27 am

"JD, why didn't you mention the first black president - Bill Clinton - who doubled down on the War on Drugs started by Nixon? The sex addict in chief's '94 Crime Bill included "three strikes and you're out" and the execrable "mandatory minimum" sentencing. Bill Clinton, the patron saint of the Aftican American community, did more to lock black people up by the millions than Nixon and Erlichman ever dreamed of."

So Prof attempts to shame JD into scorning "patron saint of the AA Community" Bill Clinton for something that patron saint of self-satisfied middle class whiteys (such as Prof) Ronald Reagan actually did. I wonder if Prof will now scorn Reagan in the same way he tried to goad JD into scorning Clinton, for the exact same reason? Kinda doubt it...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:32 am

Just enjoy your 15 seconds and shut up.