Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by sardis » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:32 pm

I don't understand why when Duke screens at the top the UNC big man backs off and let's them shoot an open 3. They do it every time.

goldenbear
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by goldenbear » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:34 pm

1-3-1 up 5 he is an idiot

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:19 pm

goldenbear wrote:WHy does johnosn not double Allen let Plumlee cath the ball 20 feet from the bakset
Jesus, if he cath's from 20 feet, he must've broken John Holmes record.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:05 am

Duke and Carolina are both horrible, overrated teams. That game was brutal to watch Saturday.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:49 am

Highlights for Hedge....

[youtube]DTvQfPOZD2g[/youtube]

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:21 am

Bklyn wrote:Duke and Carolina are both horrible, overrated teams. That game was brutal to watch Saturday.
Correct. If Marcus Paige was playing like his Sophomore year, I would be confident. However, not playing him at point (and Roy's refusal to do so) has fucked his rhythm (along with injuries), imho. They could lose in the second round or make it to the Final Four. It all depends on the draw. They can also shoot themselves out of a game by settling for outside shots against zones and not riding Johnson, Hicks and to a lesser extent Meeks.

I was a fan of Roy actually coaching Saturdag night. He called a timeout when the game was tied, and he made rotation changes (shortened it) that really paid dividends.

K obviously conceded rebounds to prevent fast break opportunities, and he coached a brilliant game overall. I hate the bastard, but he can coach his lying ass off.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:45 am

Roy suks.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:41 pm

I find it fascinating that Ben Simmons probably is just not quite as good as everyone at places like ESPN made him out to be (but still a great pro prospect and probably the #1 pick), but now that he didn't bring LSU on his back to the NCAA tournament its almost trending where they imply he's not that good. His crime is not being as good as idiots built him up to be.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:04 pm

His teammates were too erratic and he was coached poorly. What's more shocking, personally, is that he couldn't even muster a 2.0 at LSU. That, in and of itself, should be worth about as much as a persistent knee injury on his draft prospects.

He's still going 1, but I'm not as high on him.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:27 am

Two all-too-familiar faces officiated last night’s semifinal of the Horizon League Tournament, and you won’t be the least bit surprised by a bizarre plot twist during the game.

Pat Adams — yes, the Pat Adams who T’d up Isaac Humphries at Texas A&M — ejected the play-by-play announcer for Green Bay for demonstratively arguing a call. The broadcaster, Matt Menzel, was calling the game by himself for radio when Adams sent him to the back with an ejection.

Oakland University’s play-by-play man filled in until Menzel returned minutes later.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:33 am

aTm wrote:I find it fascinating that Ben Simmons probably is just not quite as good as everyone at places like ESPN made him out to be (but still a great pro prospect and probably the #1 pick), but now that he didn't bring LSU on his back to the NCAA tournament its almost trending where they imply he's not that good. His crime is not being as good as idiots built him up to be.
If Simmons had inked with UK, which needed a strong big man in the middle, you could just hand the trophy over to Kentucky this season.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:47 am

He is an academic risk at LSU. What would he have done when Cal made him go to class at UK? He is another Shabazz Mohaamed
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:25 pm

What would he have done when Cal made him go to class at UK?
Ha, good one.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:32 pm

eCat wrote:Two all-too-familiar faces officiated last night’s semifinal of the Horizon League Tournament, and you won’t be the least bit surprised by a bizarre plot twist during the game.

Pat Adams — yes, the Pat Adams who T’d up Isaac Humphries at Texas A&M — ejected the play-by-play announcer for Green Bay for demonstratively arguing a call. The broadcaster, Matt Menzel, was calling the game by himself for radio when Adams sent him to the back with an ejection.

Oakland University’s play-by-play man filled in until Menzel returned minutes later.
Damn. You hear of mascots getting tossed but that's got to be a first.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:22 pm

eCat wrote:He is an academic risk at LSU. What would he have done when Cal made him go to class at UK? He is another Shabazz Mohaamed
Like he does the rest of the assholes on that team. He gets a mailbox psychologist to state they have had a learning disability their entire middle / high school tenure and it was never properly diagnosed. He signs off on it after "evaluating" them and the NCAA gives an exception for that kind of stuff.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:39 pm

You Cal haters are full of shit

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:52 pm

UCs radio color man has been ejected a few times over the years. Mostly under Huggs.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:16 am

I've heard our current pbp man got kicked out of a SWC tournament game in the early 90s.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:22 am

eCat wrote:You Cal haters are full of shit
Given to me 2nd hand of course from someone that worked in the NCAA office for the compliance department here in Indianapolis. He isn't the only one mind you but apparently that is his go to move if necessary.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:18 am

I'm not going to say Cal doesn't have his vices,

but even our worst detractors now admit we're capitalizing on a rigged system but he isn't running a crooked program.

Wes is connected to the AAU circuit and steers kids to Cal (and other select coaches) and I'm sure there is something for Wes on the back end - not necessarily from Cal, but certainly Cal's commitment to getting these kids to the NBA has him putting the kids before the program which is why he only has 1 title with the talent he's ammased.

That said, I don't believe for a second the kids aren't going to class - and its not Cal so much as it is Sandy Bell, KSR , the internet and UK fans diligence in it. They know when kids are in class and its reported on the CatsIllustrated board /KSR.

And we've had quite a few kids that have had good GPAs. Not North Carolina GPAs but GPAs in real majors.

So anyone wants to say UK is doing shit behind the scenes to get kids into the program - I won't dispute it until it comes to saying we hand over $200K to a kid's dad to get them there, but I'll defend our classroom stuff.

We're at a point where we come down on kids who don't come to class and since Daniel Orton, its not even a consideration they don't go to class their second semester if they are NBA bound.

You can see quotes from Anthony Davis and John Wall about it.

of course its possible that this is all a UNC level scam but the difference between us and UNC is that our fans demand it from the players. The last thing we want is for this train ride to derail.

BTW, Cals kid is playing for him - and unlike Saul, UK fans understand that's the price of keeping Cal for another 4 years.