Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:23 am

bluetick wrote:I suppose that'd be a wet dream for survivalists and militia-types. Oh - ammo dealers too.
The ammo manufacturers are already smoking their afterglow cigarette. DHS recently bought 1.6 billion bullets from them. It's really hard to find .22 these days.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/homeland ... 88402.html

DHS says it's cheaper for them to buy it in bulk, but they don't say why they need enough ammo to fight WWIII in the first place. Maybe they are getting ready in case the US is invaded by Canada or Putin or Donald Trump.

And they REALLY don't explain why Social Security Administration needs 174,000 hollow tips. They must be arming themselves against a massive insurrection by senior citizens. The hollow tips must be particularly effective in taking out wheelchairs and walkers.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:DHS says it's cheaper for them to buy it in bulk, but they don't say why they need enough ammo to fight WWIII in the first place. Maybe they are getting ready in case the US is invaded by Canada or Putin or Donald Trump.
Alex Jones is already on this. Jade Helm was just a feint; the big government takeover is only weeks (months?) away. InfoWars dug up these blockbuster revelations and any notion that they were merely gleaned from public records is a goddam lie.
And they REALLY don't explain why Social Security Administration needs 174,000 hollow tips. They must be arming themselves against a massive insurrection by senior citizens. The hollow tips must be particularly effective in taking out wheelchairs and walkers.
The vast majority of Social Security enforcement relates to SSDI, and the average age of a disability fraudster is 42.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:26 pm

LMAO.

In 2014, the Feds arrested 280 people for social security fraud.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/10/2 ... rity-Fraud

174,000 hollow tips seem to be a lot of ammo for 280 arrests per year. But social security fraudsters are indeed a violent and dangerous type of criminal. That thin blue line of Social Security Administration infantrymen might need all 174,000 of those hollow tips to fight off wave after wave of crazed charging fraudsters waving their deadly EBT cards. It could be another a little Big Horn otherwise.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:28 pm

PS, I quoted that right wing nutjob screed, HuffPo, not Infowars.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Maybe the Treasury Department needs some napalm in case check forgers resist arrest. You never know. The officer might feel threatened and need to call in an air strike.

10ac
Senior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Maybe the Treasury Department needs some napalm in case check forgers resist arrest. You never know. The officer might feel threatened and need to call in an air strike.
"But the list includes dozens of federal agencies with no business training and fielding armed officers. Who wants early-morning armed break-ins by the Department of Agriculture, Railroad Retirement Board, Bureau of Land Management, Tennessee Valley Authority, Office of Personnel Management, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service?"

http://www.heritage.org/research/commen ... -swat-team
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:29 pm

President Obama won't let police departments receive surplus Humvee's from the Army. I wonder if he'd allow police departments to receive surplus Abrams tanks from the Bureau of Weights and Measures.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:01 am

Gotta love how people eat this stuff up..repeatedly.

Obama's Department of Homeland Security Orders 2700 Tanks to Go Along With Massive 1.6 Billion Bullet Haul - Lou Dobbs, FoxBusinessNews 3/14/2013

Obama Quietly Orders One Billion Dollars Worth Of FEMA Coffins - MrConservative Jan. 4 2014 Obama has been preparing for an American revolt that will likely end in the death of it's participants.

Jesse Ventura's CONSPIRACY THEORY Confirms FEMA Internment Camps Exist to Incarcerate American Citizens - InfoWars 11/10/2010

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:25 am

Oh yeah..

The Birther Primary: Why is Donald Trump Pandering to Those Republicans Who Think Obama Wasn't Born in the U.S.? - Slate March 30 2011

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:10 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:DHS says it's cheaper for them to buy it in bulk, but they don't say why they need enough ammo to fight WWIII in the first place. Maybe they are getting ready in case the US is invaded by Canada or Putin or Donald Trump.
According to gao.gov, DHS bought 1.25 billion rounds in 2008. Not a peep from anyone anywhere...wonder why? Anybody?

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:18 pm

No, there was a huge uproar in the gun community over that. You couldn't get many types of ammo, and what you did get was expensive.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:03 pm

The only 9mm on sale around here is Russian made.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:10 pm

bluetick wrote:According to gao.gov, DHS bought 1.25 billion rounds in 2008. Not a peep from anyone anywhere...wonder why? Anybody?
Wait a minute... I thought you said...
InfoWars dug up these blockbuster revelations and any notion that they were merely gleaned from public records is a goddam lie.
Isn't the gao.gov "public records"?

I hope the Department of Education storm troopers don't kick down my door in the middle of the night. I might have some overdue library books back in high school. I might be in trouble.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:39 pm

Are you really a professor of something?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:00 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:No, there was a huge uproar in the gun community over that. You couldn't get many types of ammo, and what you did get was expensive.
Really? The gun community?

Oh.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:26 pm

Wow.

Now, do I believe it is a huge issue? No, not really. I think hoarders are more to blame personally, but that's not what you asked. You made the comment 'that there wasn't a peep from anyone.' There were peeps from people.

So, you take my honest reply and cobble that post together with your normal dismissive, sarcastic dismount - which is sickening. You bathe yourself in so much rhetoric, passive aggressiveness, and partisanship that nothing of value transpires here. That's why arguing and discussing the issues on this board has devolved to you and maybe two others. So, climb up on the soap box and scream in an empty room.

The pity is I agree with you more than I disagree, moron.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:16 pm

Saw a couple pages back where you called somebody else a moron, AA. Something bothering you again?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:44 pm

I think a new acronym is born:

T,YAAM.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:56 pm

heh Therefore, you are a moron.

Just doesn't have the same dash as esad.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Nope. Nothing bothering me, tick. I spoke my mind. It is my bent. Both you and the person that you mentioned earned it.

Now, come back with the passive aggressive dismissal! I'm sure it makes your "point" stronger.

You are a three trick pony: start with (1) passive aggressive partisanship, then (2) question the credentials of opponents and, finally, (3) dismiss websites as apocryphal UNLESS they support your position (note: meaningful give and take and honest examination of the issues are nowhere around). You could actually be a bot that a 1st year CS student made.

Again, this used to be a robust board of political discussion. It's a joke now. And you and a couple of others are to blame. And that's a shame.
— Abraham Lincoln