Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:42 pm

Uh-oh. Joe Biden is meeting with Elizabeth Warren, the Native American.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/j ... ml?hp=l1_3

Hillary might be in worse shape than I thought.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:55 pm

hedge wrote:Wolfgang??
It's as American as:

Wolfgang Van Halen

Wolfgang Puck

Wolfgang Reitherman

Wolfgang Bodison
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Uh-oh. Joe Biden is meeting with Elizabeth Warren, the Native American.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/j ... ml?hp=l1_3

Hillary might be in worse shape than I thought.
Watching This Week with George Snuffleupigus, they had Bill Richardson on this morning and he downplayed the meeting saying he doesn't think VP Joe Biden (or anyone else) will be entering the race for the Dem nomination. He said he is supporting HRC this time (he kissed and made up with HRC and Bill.) He also downplayed all the emails saying that it is nothing more than a GOP witch-hunt and nothing will happen to HRC. No, the DNC doesn't want this to happen, no way. The nomination (well really the Presidency) was "promised" to HRC and all the power brokers are behind her right now. They don't want anyone running against her that might actually... beat her. Even O'Malley was on George's show this morning and he was legitimately angry that the DNC is not giving him a chance to debate HRC. They don't even want her to... speak, let alone, answer even one question.

I am thinking that Elizabeth Warren was going to try and convince the Vice President NOT to run in a sort of party allegiance to their anointed one.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:
hedge wrote:Wolfgang??
It's as American as:

Wolfgang Van Halen

Wolfgang Puck

Wolfgang Reitherman

Wolfgang Bodison
Wolfgang Blitzer.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:59 pm

2015 Still on Pace as Hottest Year on Record - Weather.com http://www.weather.com/news/climate/new ... y-may-2015

Lessee. 2014 was the hottest on record, now it's gonna be 2015. Reading on: "Nine of the ten warmest years in NASA's 134-year database have occurred this century." "The last year in NASA's dataset globally cooler than average was 1976." "The last cooler-than-average month was over 21 years ago, February 1994. In the 449 months from January 1978 through May 2015, only 11 months have been cooler than average, according to the NASA dataset."
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:07 pm

hottest on record...

Even the double digit IQ crowd knows this means the last 130-140 years.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:08 pm

15 Facts About Rising Sea Levels That Should Scare the S*** Out of You - CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/opinions/ ... vel-facts/

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Update!

July Was Hottest Month Ever Recorded http://weather.com/news/climate/news/ea ... uly-2015-0

July 2015 was the warmest month on record for the earth dating back to January 1880, according to the state of the climate report released by the National Oceanic Atmosheric Administration on Thursday.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:27 pm

bluetick wrote:15 Facts About Rising Sea Levels That Should Scare the S*** Out of You - CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/opinions/ ... vel-facts/

Just let me know when I need to sell my condo on Miami Beach.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:43 pm

Hey tick, ready for the Biden Bandwagon???!!!!

Hearts are breaking in the White House and in the Obama alumni network just thinking about a Joe Biden presidential run. They don’t know what to root for.

Biden versus Hillary Clinton would tear at loyalties, emotions, political calculations — and in some cases, actual contracts already signed with Clinton’s Brooklyn campaign headquarters.

In interviews, current and former White House staffers say that as Biden has ratcheted up the seriousness of his explorations, including having aides reach out to former top political operatives for President Barack Obama to gauge interest, the situation looks very different from when they’d been assuming she’d be the only real Democratic candidate in 2016.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Equal time for the skeptics. A conservative article's peculiar view of the water shortage in CA. heh

Liberal Scientists Say Global Warming, not Illegals, Worsening California Drought - American Thinker, by Newsmachete

What would we do without liberal scientists - scientists who, in order to earn their paychecks, are required to find problems with whatever their grants pay for? In this case, they are required to find dangers from global warming. If they don't, their grants are cut off, and they have to get productive jobs, or get retrained to speak Spanish and deliver social services to families of Dreamer.

Okay. Got it. The only problem is, there hasn't been any global warming in 18 years. Really.

It's all natural temperature variation. But there is another side to water scarcity, which is consumption. And 3 million illegal aliens in California are undoubtedly contributing to water shortages. Why don't scientists ever talk about that? Probably because they would lose their jobs. It's safer to talk about a scientific process they can't prove than a factual certainty that is staring them in the face but would get them fired if they mentioned it.

Articles have started appearing talking about evil property owners who "guzzle" water for their lawns. But you will never see articles about illegal aliens guzzling water. Illegals don't guzzle. They dream and are busy ascending to the most virtuous state of being mankind can ever achieve. Meanwhile, the California water shortage is caused by a hockey stick-like increase in temperature that has not been happening for the past 18 years.

Actually, California has plenty of water available, but simply chooses not to store it for human consumption. Instead, it focuses on putting black balls in the water supply and educating people to eat less "water rich" food.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:22 pm

Speaking of record heat.....rising (hotter) temps were supposed to make Hurricanes more frequent/intense....?

As of today, it has been a record 118 months since the last major hurricane struck the continental United States, according to records kept by the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Hurricane Research Division, which list all hurricanes to strike the U.S. mainland going back to 1851.

A major hurricane is Category 3 or higher hurrucine. The last one to strike the continental U.S. was Hurricane Wilma, which made landfall in North Carolina on Oct. 24, 2005.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Sandy wasn't a major hurricane?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:55 pm

You never met her.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:57 pm

What is the baseline temperature of the earth? You know, the 98.6 degree temp?
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Speaking of record heat.....rising (hotter) temps were supposed to make Hurricanes more frequent/intense....?

The IPCC's 2013 report downplayed the relationship between rising temperatures and increased hurricane activity.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:01 pm

You take the IPCC over Matt Lauer??!!!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:06 pm

Sandy was indeed a Cat Three hurricane. Toe still gets his info from the encyclopedia set he got for passing through to seventh grade.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:20 pm

They had to downplay the fact that one of their apocalyptic predictions proved false. But to their credit, the IPCC also admits there hasn't been any significant global warming for 15 years.

They're also observing a huge El Niño going on. That alone would affect the climate significantly. And the truth is, the scientific community doesn't have a clue what causes El Ninos and La Ninas.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:They had to downplay the fact that one of their apocalyptic predictions proved false. But to their credit, the IPCC also admits there hasn't been any significant global warming for 15 years.

They're also observing a huge El Niño going on. That alone would affect the climate significantly. And the truth is, the scientific community doesn't have a clue what causes El Ninos and La Ninas.
Typhoon Goni is blasting Japan right now...159 mph winds, cat four. Just sayin'...

Just so long as it's somebody else's apocalypse, right?