Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun May 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Goddamn. Who does the mongrel belong to?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Sun May 24, 2015 11:31 pm

we had to put our dog down a few weeks ago so we decided it was time to get another.

Based on our family and yard size we thought we'd get a husky. found a guy who had one 1.5. hours from here and arranged to see it. we show up, he isn't there, so we get out and he has 3 adult huskys in the back. One is on a run that comes around to the front of the house.

So I walk up to the porch to knock on the door (not knowing he isn't there) and at the bottom of the steps one of the dog approaches me. I lean over and hold out my hand for him to sniff. He immediately lunges for my crotch and bites down to the point that when I push him off he rips my jeans - like the entire front of them. Then as I am pushing him away he bites my hand and gashes the fat of my right palm, and then bites my other hand. This all happens in about 3 seconds. (btw, like foghorn leghorn, I also thought I was at the "rope line". I was wrong)

I'm bleeding like a stuck hog on both hands and I can feel blood running down my leg.

We get back in the car and I'm trying to use napkins to soak up the blood - we head to a Kroger we passed on the way in to buy bandages - here I am with shredded pants trying to stop the bleeding.

Anyways my wife sees blood soaking thru my pants and decides its time to go to a hospital. I'm not sure of the number but I have stitches in 4 different places . I"m not in much pain right now but fuuuuck.

I'm not blaming the owner - I approached a strange dog so I am stupid , but damn, you sell puppies and ask people to come over to your house and you don't even warn them about the dogs that can come around to the front? WTF?

I talked to the owner while I was in the hospital and the deputies came by because its a law in ohio if you get bit by a dog you file a report. I wasn't a dick, but I told the lady that I had my daughter with me and we wouldn't be having a civil conversation if that dog attacked my daughter. She told me she is going to put the dog down - a beautiful red husky and I told her that wasn't necessary - I wasn't going to sue her and I didn't file a complaint, but I think the deputies read her the riot act after seeing me with multiple puncture wounds. I told her I damn well didn't want the puppy if he came from that bastard.

So on the way home tonight, she texted us and said the AKC puppy was free and they decided to put the red husky down (against our wishes).

I don't want to even respond to her. I am sick that this dog is going to die

This was my night

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun May 24, 2015 11:41 pm

That whole "sniff the hand" thing is a bad idea. Aggressive dogs just go, "sure, I'll bite that for you."

They probably should have put it down. Then someone needs to put them down. You don't put an aggressive dog on a lead that reaches the front door. Coulda been a kid selling Girl Scout cookies or whatever. Idiots.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 24, 2015 11:46 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:That whole "sniff the hand" thing is a bad idea. Aggressive dogs just go, "sure, I'll bite that for you."

They probably should have put it down. Then someone needs to put them down. You don't put an aggressive dog on a lead that reaches the front door. Coulda been a kid selling Girl Scout cookies or whatever. Idiots.

Its been so long since I've been around an aggressive dog I let my guard down. And he didn't exhibit the signs of an aggressive dog, he was like a fucking alligator, just staring at me like I was a gazelle drinking water.

didn't help my demeanor though when she texted me saying I shouldn't have approached her dog. She is right, but I think she should be conciliatory to me and not antagonistic given the situation.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun May 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Sue her ass.
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun May 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Look, I love dogs, but it's fucking horseshit that they have Cujo with a lead so long that it allows him to the front door to maul someone.

She needs to feel the pain, financially. Any respectable breeder would have pens or a fenced-in enclosure.
— Abraham Lincoln

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sun May 24, 2015 11:58 pm

You may have just hit the lottery.
Let 'er Blow!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon May 25, 2015 12:02 am

nah..that's not who I am.

the whole thing is just unfortunate

I will say this...after about 8 nurses and doctors flop your dick around to stitch you up, you kinda lose all sense of modesty about the situation.

c'mon in, touch my pecker!

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon May 25, 2015 1:12 am

Some insurance companies don't cover aggressive breeds (husky's are not on the list. In Louisiana, dogs are special, meaning with no other animal are you going to be strictly liable for if they bite/scratch you. Not telling u to sue, but the dog must be tested for rabies imo.
My Dad is my hero still.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon May 25, 2015 1:37 am

Good lord. I would have killed that dog before I went to the hospital. I guess that's just the little slice of country redneck I still have in me but one thing I do agree with my late father on was that he would be the last person any "goddamn dog would ever bite." They grew up on a farm and dogs were used to hunt and if they didn't obey or were dangerous, they were useless. So we never had dogs and I've never owned one. While I don't have anything against them, I wouldn't hesitate to take care of one that came at me or my son.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 25, 2015 6:38 am

At least you got more action down there then Stu ever would. That sucks. Hope you're ok and didn't catch the canine aids. Was is Bethesda North? They've got some hot looking nurses in that er.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon May 25, 2015 8:54 am

Jungle Rat wrote:At least you got more action down there then Stu ever would. That sucks. Hope you're ok and didn't catch the canine aids. Was is Bethesda North? They've got some hot looking nurses in that er.

no i was in circleville to look at the dog

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 25, 2015 10:04 am

Thought it was around here. Just yesterday my oldest was telling me that she wanted a husky and I told her she was nuts. Why not just capture a wolf instead? Sorry for your misfortune but I'm damn sure showing this story to her.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 25, 2015 10:07 am

eCat wrote:
This was my night

John Bobbitt is mocking you.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Tue May 26, 2015 8:48 am

dog bites are notorious for getting infected especially if they had to sew you up

better hope that shit don't fall off

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue May 26, 2015 9:27 am

Sounds like this was a standoff b/w two huskies...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 26, 2015 9:32 am

I never really been scared of dogs, and I'm still not, but I have new appreciation for what damage they can do now. Its been awhile since I've sat around with throbbing pain all day.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue May 26, 2015 9:41 am

Just got back from Costa Rica, that's my kind of place. Went with the MIF and her kids for diving at some lightly developed coastal townlet on the Pacific side. Good diving, but I have fucked my ears up somehow. I was hoping they would correct themselves but they haven't so far. Anyway, Costa Rica is evidently a hot spot for sexual tourism, there were signs in the airport warning against buying or selling children and other admonitions against engaging in prostitution. I had read about that being a big thing in San Jose (we flew into a smaller airport, Liberia), but I didn't really see any of that stuff going on, at least not overtly. But anyway, when we get back to Miami, I'm going thru customs and I walk up to the counter and the guy asks me where I'm coming in from and I tell him Costa Rica, and without missing a beat, he says "Oh, you got a 12 year old girlfriend down there?" Now normally a remark like that wouldn't bother me, but those assholes have made air travel such a hassle, esp. with the TSA saying you can't joke about ANYTHING and shit like that, that it just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't register my pique, lest the guy detain me for violating subsection B, paragraph II of the TSA code or some shit, but I did think it was kind of an asshole thing to say. Or maybe it's just that I look like a child molester (I didn't shave while I was down there and my beard, such as it was, was gray and grizzly)...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue May 26, 2015 9:43 am

eCat wrote:I never really been scared of dogs, and I'm still not, but I have new appreciation for what damage they can do now. Its been awhile since I've sat around with throbbing pain all day.
So in light of this new info, has your opinion changed as to how you'd fare against two hungry coyotes?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 26, 2015 9:54 am

hedge wrote:
eCat wrote:I never really been scared of dogs, and I'm still not, but I have new appreciation for what damage they can do now. Its been awhile since I've sat around with throbbing pain all day.
So in light of this new info, has your opinion changed as to how you'd fare against two hungry coyotes?

no, not really - I wouldn't stick my hand out to let a coyote get a bite at me.