Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 am

Quart of hot water, juice of 3 lemons and a teaspoon full of cayenne pepper. Drink 2 quarts of that every day, you'll lose 20 lbs. in short order (I've already lost 10). Tastes good, too. I upped my game (got used to the cayenne pepper) and bought some habenero pepper powder as well as some ghost pepper powder and ghost pepper flakes on Amazon. That shit it hot. I also got some regular pepper flakes (listed as "very hot") at a spice store in Raleigh, they're pretty hot, too, but nothing like the ghost peppers...

I went and got a physical (first one ever) the other day, didn't amount to much, just talking to the doctor and him feeling my balls and looking in my ears and shit. They drew blood, I'll get the results back next week. The last few times the MIF has checked my blood pressure, it's been kinda high (150-ish over 100-ish), so I was sure when the nurse took my blood pressure during my physical that it was going to be high, but it was 110 over 80. I haven't done anything different in the past few months except drink this lemon / pepper water. The last time I got my cholesterol checked (many years ago) it was over 200, so if my cholesterol comes back this time anywhere south of 200, I have to think this lemon/pepper is doing something...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:26 am

whats the logic behind lemon/pepper mix?

btw this morning there was palatable excitement in the air when my wife went in and looked at my pee.

yep...that's turning 50.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 am

I don't know the logic behind the lemon/pepper deal. The MIF tells me that lemons are anti-viral and I'm sure they're high in vitamin C and probably other vitamins and minerals, so consuming the juice of 6 or 7 lemons a day can't be bad for you. Not sure about the peppers, I haven't looked into that, but you have to feel like anything that painful has to be good for you. Plus, like aTm said, it does get half a gallon of mostly water into you, so that's probably good as well...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:52 am

Also, I'm not sure if it's the acid in the lemons or the heat from the peppers (or some combo of both), but this shit has scoured my colon like no other. I've probably lost 5 lbs. just from gunk that was stuck in my bowels for years. But nothing down there escapes the wrath of this mixture. That shit is like "Hell naw, we've got to get the hell out of here" when the lemon/pepper brigade comes cascading down the pike...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:59 am

lemon juice will eat the varnish on your teeth - we're both probably past the point of caring about that though.

I might try it - I'm really trying to figure out a way to permanently break some bad habits I've developed over the years. I'd like to get that juicer going again as I've started eating no sugar added fruit cocktail for breakfast.

I've given up caffeine which really wasn't that hard but often I have to substitute it for a high calorie drink when we go out unless I want water (and water fucking sucks)

I hope to gradually acquire a taste for unsweetened tea by mixing it more and more with sweet tea over time to dilute the sugar until there is nothing left.

Seems to me for losing weight, the fasteast, healthiest way for me is to cut out bread and pasta. Losing weight seems to go pretty steadily when I do that, except at some point I break down and want a pizza or a sub sandwich, then its over.

btw, my wife has been talking up a sub chain called Bread Zeppelin where they hollow out a sub and stuff it full of whatever meat and fixings you want. It sounds awesome I think they may be the next big thing in franchises.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:51 am

"lemon juice will eat the varnish on your teeth - we're both probably past the point of caring about that though."

3 lemons in a quart of water is pretty diluted, but I guess you could drink it with a straw if you're worried about loss of tooth enamel. I have kinda noticed that my teeth seem whiter and, FWIW, I suspect that all this professional teeth whitening that alot of folks are doing is scouring their enamel. So just look at it as an ancillary redounding effect of the whole process. Lose weight and whiten your teeth at the same time...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:54 am

that reminds me

apparently if you get bit by a certain kind of tick and he passes this bacteria on to you , then you become allergic to red meat - like throw up sick as a dog allergic

I was talking to a guy whose brother had it and I asked him "serious question, is his health better now because he's forced into a better diet?" and his response was "naw, he ain't allergic to donuts or cigarrettes"

I realize now how silly it was of me to think that the tick made you some kind of forced vegan health nut, but I chuckle at his answer whenever I think about it.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 am

Reading some of the literature (if you can call surfing the net "literature"), I see they are claiming that hot peppers are good for decongestion. I've never had a problem with it, but I remember you mentioning that you were an Afrin junkie or some such awhile back. Maybe this could end your nasal nightmare...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:06 am

the sleep doctor I went to asked me about my history, etc and said - stop being an idiot and use Flonaise as I argued with her that I wasn't allergic to anything

so I relented - with a 2 week prescription supply of it costs me 34 cents. About 3 days into it, it was a game changer - I haven't had a single congestion issue since - not a runny nose, no congestion, not a single fucking sneeze. - and that was an almost every day occurrence for me.

I wish I had found this shit 10 years ago. I think this and that cpap machine is going to radically change my energy level (at least I hope)

.68 cents a month to fix a problem I've had for 20 years.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:30 am

Too bad they can't figure out a way men to get a divorce for 68 cents...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:06 pm

DS better start looking

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:12 pm

maybe with the Flonase you wont have to use a cpap.

wonder why SNL and the ilk can get away with lampooning their victims and everybody laughs but a mom and pop tacoweiner place gets ostracized--I would gladly go in there for the laughs

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm sure they'd want you there, for the rest of their customer's laughs...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:24 pm

crashcourse wrote:maybe with the Flonase you wont have to use a cpap.

wonder why SNL and the ilk can get away with lampooning their victims and everybody laughs but a mom and pop tacoweiner place gets ostracized--I would gladly go in there for the laughs
I actually eat at the Bruce Jenner Taco Hot Dog place monthly. Didn't get a chance to order it though before the Christian Republican Moral Police shut it down. Hope they enjoy the Derby.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:57 pm

eCat wrote:the sleep doctor I went to asked me about my history, etc and said - stop being an idiot and use Flonaise as I argued with her that I wasn't allergic to anything

so I relented - with a 2 week prescription supply of it costs me 34 cents. About 3 days into it, it was a game changer - I haven't had a single congestion issue since - not a runny nose, no congestion, not a single fucking sneeze. - and that was an almost every day occurrence for me.

I wish I had found this shit 10 years ago. I think this and that cpap machine is going to radically change my energy level (at least I hope)

.68 cents a month to fix a problem I've had for 20 years.
I would murder you if you tried to take my Flonase and cpap machine.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:37 am

Fuck all that shit. You're 50 (and so am I, or will be come October). What do you really have to look forward to in the next 20-30 years? Depriving yourself of things that make you happy so you can squeeze out a few more years as a flaccid old man who still likes to think he could fuck that 20 something working at the juice bar that's young enough to be his granddaughter? Seriously, life after 60 must suck to high heaven. I may start smoking crack again in a few years and go out in a blaze of glory instead of drinking horrible concoctions, going to yoga classes or trying to fucking run a triathlon, for God's sakes.

Bring me a steak!!! Soaked in whisky!!!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:35 am

no I'm finally starting to get it - I want to be mobile and independent as long as I can - that means making an investment now (or really 15 years ago for me but you do what you can do). I just had to get a taste of what my body breaking down was going to be like for me to get a kick in the ass. I"m not saying I'm going to do some complete overhaul in my lifestyle but its time to admit that I'm a long damn way from the no consequences of being 30 years old.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 am

- "I want to be mobile and independent as long as I can "

That won't be your decision.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:57 am

You can certainly have some influence on the decision. Lemon/pepper water, damn it!

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:56 pm

Your fitness age can definitely be managed outside of your chronological one. It doesn't mean you will definitely age well, but you can impact your chances.

Saint is taking the Mickey Mantle approach, but when it was closing in on Mick he lamented that he didn't take care of himself well, also.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.