Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Toemeesleather
Senior

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:17 pm

In a speech on Iraq, Hillary Clinton recalled how she had been targeted by snipers and had to run for her life when she arrived at an airbase during a trip to Bosnia 12 years ago.

The incident was used to embellish her claim to have more experience to lead the country than Barack Obama, her rival for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Apparently unperturbed by snipers, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton greet an 8-year-old Bosnian girl

But last night her boast came back to haunt her - as video footage of the occasion showed her waving, smiling, apparently untroubled by gunfire and accompanied by her daughter Chelsea.

"I remember landing under sniper fire," Mrs Clinton, 60, had said in recalling the March, 1996 Bosnia visit.

If Lyin' Brian gets fired (UNLIKELY), maybe he can be Hillary's VP. Some much in common....
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Reagan had a "misremember" thing too, iirc.

I guess we expect it from politicians. Newsmen, not so much....
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:50 pm

I guess they all do but to lie to make yourself out as some kind of hero looking death in the eye is over the top. imho
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:22 pm

There's over the top...and then there's 'blew the top off.'

Bobby Jindal Commissioned Portrait

"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:30 pm

lol

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:53 pm

I see Obama has hacked tick's password.

To wit:

"Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," Obama said Wednesday. "And in our home country, slavery, and Jim Crow, all too often was justified in the name of Christ."

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:32 pm

bluetick wrote:lol
Many of the people who were colonized by the British are "color struck." You can Google definitions, but most of you recall Sammy Sosa's "bleached" exterior:

It is a sad thing when society has convinced people that their natural selves are ugly.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Looks like a case of a very bad artist.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:04 pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -side.html

Miss America, Meet India’s ‘Dark’ Side

In a nutshell, what Indians are saying (many openly and some with chagrin) is that Davuluri is too dark, too dusky, for the conventional standards of Indian beauty. In India a light skin—“fair” is the word most Indians deploy in the vocabulary of beauty—is prized in women, and lightness of skin is elevated above all other facial features as a signifier of beauty. It matters not one whit that Davuluri’s physiognomy is immensely pleasing to the eye, that her smile could light up a small cricket stadium, that her lustrous hair is a thing to marvel at, because her epidermis is far too many shades removed from “fairness” for her to be considered beautiful. This matter is, in the Indian dialectic of beauty, nonnegotiable. In matters of pigment, Indians can be as dogmatic as party chieftains once were in Stalin’s Moscow.

The "too dark for Miss India" chick:

During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:I see Obama has hacked tick's password.

To wit:

"Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," Obama said Wednesday. "And in our home country, slavery, and Jim Crow, all too often was justified in the name of Christ."
Just curious...do you disagree with what is in italics? That just can't be, seeing as how you're a product of gubmint schools.

Oprama represents Muslim Americans as prez, and as prez he deals with Muslim nations. He assures them their religion isn't viewed as corrupt, but rather it's the murderers perverting the aims of their particular religion. He says it could happen to anybody, blah blah.

All true, but naturally the usual suspects are up in arms. More than a few would like to curb stomp him in the name of Jesus.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:58 pm

10ac,

I think Reagan's was he told people he filmed Auschwitz or some such as a photographer in the Army. Apparently, he never left the country.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:11 pm

I doubt that it's true but if it is, screw him.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... e_big.html
Let 'er Blow!

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:18 pm

Interesting. Hopefully it's not true.
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:35 pm

So Hillary lied about braving sniper fire. At this point, what does it matter?

PS I love Justified too. It's one of very few shows I bought DVD's of all the episodes. The Sopranos and Kung Fu were others to join that elite group.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:35 am

10ac wrote:I guess they all do but to lie to make yourself out as some kind of hero looking death in the eye is over the top. imho
I actually thought 10ac was referring to Raygun in his post. I remember when all that shit came out about him more or less claiming to be a WWII war hero. Not surprised that 10ac and his ilk somehow didn't get that memo. Seems ol Ronnie was "remembering" some roles in movies that he played in in the 1940's. I guess it's impossible to know if he was a liar or an idiot or just in the first stages of the alzheimers. If the latter, he gets a pass, but that would mean he had already started losing his mind in his first term (if not earlier). Scary. Still, I don't expect any explanation of these fantasies is going to change some folks' opinion of Ronnie's legacy, such as it is...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:43 am

Just curious...do you disagree with what is in italics?

What's it got to do w/today? How does it solve anything? Just shows the lack of leadership we've seen for 6 yrs now.

If you were guilty of stealing as a child, does that mean you can't do anything about your child if he is caught stealing? No winners in the equivalency argument.

Even better, what if your great-great-great grandpa was a convicted felon.....I guess you are helpless in dealing w/your progeny.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:41 am

The reality is that the world has always been pretty brutal. It hasn't been much in the Western world since Vietnam, but before that we were pretty brutal in our defense of freedom including the mass slaughtering of innocent women and children of the enemy. I mean, destroying whole cities was ok in this country as long as it was considered in the defense of freedom. So, I have no shock in seeing a foe beheading and burning alive our friends. That's just part of war. Our motivation to fight these terrorists should not be that they commit terrible atrocities, it's that they want to take us over and have us live under their religion. We don't want to be under Islamic rule so we should fight back with more brutality than they can dish out, but we won't because we have to many pussies in this country who can't stand the brutality of a fight. Our problem in Afghanistan was not that we were there, but that we were trying to liberate rather than annihilate.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:20 pm

EFZ
Let 'er Blow!

savgator
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by savgator » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Brian Williams works for NBC. They lie about everything else. Why not lie about helecoptors.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:42 pm

sardis wrote:The reality is that the world has always been pretty brutal. It hasn't been much in the Western world since Vietnam, but before that we were pretty brutal in our defense of freedom including the mass slaughtering of innocent women and children of the enemy. I mean, destroying whole cities was ok in this country as long as it was considered in the defense of freedom. So, I have no shock in seeing a foe beheading and burning alive our friends. That's just part of war. Our motivation to fight these terrorists should not be that they commit terrible atrocities, it's that they want to take us over and have us live under their religion. We don't want to be under Islamic rule so we should fight back with more brutality than they can dish out, but we won't because we have to many pussies in this country who can't stand the brutality of a fight. Our problem in Afghanistan was not that we were there, but that we were trying to liberate rather than annihilate.
How stupid are you? They don't give two shits about what goes on in Council Bluffs, IA or Shawnee Mission, KS or Apopka, FL. They want 3 things:

1 - Western culture out of their societies,
2 - The ouster of western-installed monarchs/dictators,
3 - The destruction of Israel.

1 and 2 are understandable. The Saudi Royal family was invented and installed by Prescott Bush and his partners at Sunoco and BP. Ditto Qatar and the UAE. Add in Iraq, Iran and the other states that the UK and US propped up for oil reasons. Name a middle Eastern dictator and you'll name someone that the West supported.

As for #3, Muslims and Jews got along for 1,100 years in the Middle East - until the Brits and French came in, using a "divide & conquer" mentality and inciting enmity between different groups as a measure of control.

Had we left our puppet, Saddam Hussein, alone in 1991 (after he invaded Kuwait with our approval), we'd have never heard of (former CIA employee) Osama bin Laden, Al Qaeda or any of them, because we had Saddam in place specifically to keep them down.