Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:38 pm

If the Colts are not in the Super Bowl, I will not watch ONE MINUTE of the Super Bowl. I don't give a flying fuck for either team in the NFC and I really don't give a flying fuck about that team from the northeast.

My big ass will be at my favorite Chinese Buffet place and taking the wife to a movie.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:07 pm

No tickee, no laundry...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:46 am

so Cardale Jones was 3rd string QB?

Elliot is just a sophomore?

sheeett....Ohio St's gonna be a problem for the SEC for a few years
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:40 am

Is Urban burnt out yet?

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:43 am

sardis wrote:Is Urban burnt out yet?
No - he has to whip Harbaugh's behind about 4-5 straight seasons, then he'll need time off.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Zeke is gone after next season. People are talking Cardale coming out this year to the L. Horrible mistake, if that's the case. Kid is just 2 NFL checks away from being Jamarcus Russell. Stay in Columbus and learn how to read your progressions.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:05 pm

kids hot

why not take the money and run

the record is not good for ohio state quarterbacks lasting the season

those three games he played if he can somehow be a high round choice--and its debatable --if you think you go first couple of rounds-- take the money. he seems to be maturing
"Cardale's brand right now has never been stronger, might never be stronger again in his life," Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Heh. That's how you know the kid is wanted out of Columbus. Urban Meyer is not John Calipari. Cardale is projected to be a 3rd round pick (that's not where the big money is...although it will get him in camp with a check). If his coach says his brand is never gonna be stronger, that tells me that he is not well regarded by the staff.

I think Miller transfers, but Barrett is not an easy out for the starting job next year if he comes back healthy. I think they have a stud QB coming in, too, from the new recruiting class (but that dude will redshirt, I bet).
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

SnoodGator
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by SnoodGator » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Had the same thought Brooklyn. Urban wants him to move on.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Bklyn wrote:Heh. That's how you know the kid is wanted out of Columbus. Urban Meyer is not John Calipari. Cardale is projected to be a 3rd round pick (that's not where the big money is...although it will get him in camp with a check). If his coach says his brand is never gonna be stronger, that tells me that he is not well regarded by the staff.

I think Miller transfers, but Barrett is not an easy out for the starting job next year if he comes back healthy. I think they have a stud QB coming in, too, from the new recruiting class (but that dude will redshirt, I bet).
Cardale is Urban's guy. The issue isn't on the field . . . remember this?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -pointless

Ohio State third-string quarterback Cardale Jones made his feelings about attending classes clear Friday on Twitter.

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS," he wrote.

The tweet and Jones' entire account have been deleted, but multiple media outlets captured Jones' words before they vanished.

Ohio State sent out a statement late Friday night regarding Jones' tweet and its policy on social media.

"We allow our student-athletes the opportunity to express themselves via the social mediums," the statement read. "What we do ask of them and communicate to them is the importance of being respectful, appropriate and aware that their communications can impact many people. We remind that others may have different views and opinions on what may and may not be appropriate, so always remember not to post or tweet anything that could embarrass themselves, their team, teammates, the university, their family or other groups, organizations or people."

Jones is behind Braxton Miller and Kenny Guiton on the depth chart and has not played a down for Ohio State.

Jones signed with the Buckeyes in February 2011, but spent last year at a military prep school in Virginia to boost his academics, the Detroit Free Press reported. ESPN ranked him as the nation's 33rd-best quarterback in the 2011 class.

In June, Ohio State was recognized because its multiyear Academic Progress Rate scores were in the top 10 percent of Division I football teams. OSU also received the same honor in 2011.

The 12th-ranked Buckeyes face No. 21 Nebraska on Saturday.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:59 am

It baffles me that someone would want the QB that played three games who was just plug and play like every other QB on the team.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:07 am

Can I refer to you as "the baffled one" from now on? Or at least for the next few days...

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:53 am

Eh
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:02 am

I'd go pro if I were Jones

He can't top his rep at this point - and the draft would rather go on unknown potential than known issues.

I wouldn't normally think he should go but Ohio St is just stupidly stacked at QB.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm

No matter what, he's setting up a great "30 for 30" in 15 years.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Bklyn wrote:No matter what, he's setting up a great "30 for 30" in 15 years.
yep

I feel for the kid in a way because you know he isn't ready from a maturity stand point. He hasn't even entered the Johnny Manziel party stage yet.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if they did a 30 for 30 on him right now, highlighting the last 3 games...

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:36 pm

aTm wrote:It baffles me that someone would want the QB that played three games who was just plug and play like every other QB on the team.
To be fair - the kid has a rocket launcher for an arm, and has enough football IQ to beat Top-10 Wisconsin (12-17, 257 yds, 3 TDs), #1 Bama (18-35, 244 yds, TD) and #2 Oregon (16-23, 242 yds, TD). Of course, he had a tailback who averaged 235 yards per game, but the fact that he didn't wilt in OSU's 3 biggest games in a decade - and actually contributed to the wins in a major way - shows that the kid has definite pro potential.

Having said that, there's no way I draft him now when he didn't win the starting job in college. The memory of the last Ohio State national champ - Maurice Clarett - hasn't faded from my vision yet.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:41 pm

I'm sure someone would take a flyer on him, but is he really going to get the kind of guaranteed money to make it worthwhile at this point?

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:07 pm

aTm wrote:I'm sure someone would take a flyer on him, but is he really going to get the kind of guaranteed money to make it worthwhile at this point?
Latest: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bow ... dy-nfl-yet

DALLAS -- One day after leading Ohio State to a national title, quarterback Cardale Jones said he hasn't made a decision about the NFL but added that he's "not ready for that level yet."

Good video.