Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Owlman » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:06 am

CHINA: I don't trust their numbers at all. They've built entire cities that no one is living there, which says alot when you have 1.1 billion people. I love cooking/eating Tilapia but most of it is from China. Don't trust it.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:07 am

CostCo gas: $1.86 Reg today, 38 to 40 cents cheaper than other stations in the city
My Dad is my hero still.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:24 am

With my Kroger discount the other night, I paid 1.41 for gas. We filled up both cars which were on Empty for 39.25.

Of course, when we are doing fucking with Russia, gas will be back up to 3.00 so enjoy it while it lasts.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:05 am

I'm not sure were fucking with Russia so much as Saudi is fucking with us.

At $40 a barrel, the chaos will hit the US market - the big fish will eat the little players who were profiting at $80 a barrel oil but then the big fish can only hold on at that level for a period of months before it gets ugly.

It will be interesting to see how much damage to the fracking market Saudi dumping oil can do. Honestly I never thought we'd see a day where there would be a surplus of oil in the world at this point.

I just hope all those oil speculators take it up the ass and have to eat dog food for a few years.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:44 am

Speculators who know what they're doing can profit just as much (or more) in down markets as in up...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Owlman wrote:exerpts from witness 63 (obviously a minor sitting in the back seat of a car with her parents in the front)

<i>Aaa we pulled up at a stop sign and we heard two shots and while we were trying to figure out whether they were gun shots or firecrackers we seen, a well I saw the guy, Mike Brown. I seen him take off running and I saw the cop following him and shooting at him and I seen him turn around and stumble or come towards the cop and then I seen him hit the ground. That’s all I saw.

And the officer had the pistol in hand and was chasing him and fired at couple of shots at him while he was running, and I seen Mike turn around like he had given up or something, you know. But he was still moving, he was like coming back at the officer and the officer just kept shootin’ at him.

Yes he actually came back towards the officer. He like got to the corner and turned around. He had been shot a couple of times and

“ so just to narrate, just to narrate for the recording, my hands up your palms are faced forward and your hands are near her shoulder” and you said, “I didn’t see anything in his hands’ and then he said, “so he turned around and he had his hands up near his shoulders” and then what did you see. And then you said “he was coming back at the toward the officer”.

She then described how he dropped his hands with one hand going to hold his chest. She also said that he was either running or stumbling towards the officer. </i>

Witness 40 is much more interesting because she's the worst...a lot worse than anything I expected because of the narrative she created all over the media and internet. She is 100% criminally worse.

I just need to get some final valuation shit done on my private equity book here at work for year end and then I can get to eCat's post. In the meantime...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... -40-496236
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Nobody knows if he was charging back towards the cop or stumbling forward with his hands up giving up. If the dude was fighting the cop for his gun (which again we will never know 100%) Then I'm sure the cops adrenaline was at an all time high a cop could have. Someone I think posted that even though the cop shot at him as he was running away but there were no wounds in his back says something. What, I'm not sure we'll ever know.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:18 pm

I also don't understand why all these departments are buying body cams. They're probably just as bad as the ones in their cars. They need to by GoPros with the strap and put it on their hats. That's more of a realistic view then a body cam on some fat ass cop.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:31 pm

this was compelling to me

At 10.30pm on August 9, two detectives spoke to a couple who had witnessed the shooting. Both said they were worried about retaliation from people who live in the area.

The man said he lived in the apartment complex and was concerned for his wife's safety.

The woman began crying and said she could not talk about it. The husband gave his story, saying that he and his wife pulled up to his residence and as they exited the vehicle, observed a police vehicle parked in the roadway.

He said a 'large person', whom he could not further describe, was standing beside the driver's door of the vehicle.

He said the person had the upper portion of his body inside the driver's area of the vehicle.

The witness said from his position, he could not hear any dialogue between the officer and the person.

He told detectives he turned and continued toward his home and while at the door, heard what sounded like a gunshot. He said he turned and observed a large black male facing toward an officer.

The witness said the male began moving quickly toward the officer and he heard several more gunshots.

He could not see if the male had anything in his hands and could not hear anything that was said.

He said he immediately went inside his apartment.

Both the husband and wife were unwilling to provide recorded statements and hesitantly agreed to speak to police at a later date.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3MBIdGb9L
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

and the 20 foot trail of blood indicates brown was advancing

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:57 pm

Again, we will never know the whole story. Let's focus more on boobies

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:07 pm

I quit eating any seafood that comes from an Asian source.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Of course that means I basically don't eat seafood other than 1 or 2 times a year since locally caught is super expensive. We used to go out to a fried seafood joint once a week growing up and my old man hated to part with a buck. But you could eat at Capt. Stanley's or 264 Fish Fry for under $20 for a family of 4 even in the '80s. I guess it's not a whole lot more if you get the daily special at a Mayflower now but they give you mostly fries and hushpuppies instead of seafood. And I'm sure their shit comes from China.

We went to a little hole in the wall at the beach in Sept. I got shrimp and crab cakes; my wife got 2 items and a kids plate for my son. We all drank soft drinks and got no apps and our bill with tip was $75.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Mmmmmmmm.......crab legs, shrimp & Lobster. I could live off that shit

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Again, we will never know the whole story. Let's focus more on boobies

I guess that's why I have a pin in eCat's post. One may never know the WHOLE story, but we could get closer to the truth (or closer to real change) if everyone understands where things are wrong with the process in Ferguson, locally, and in the system nationally. There seems to be some legitimate confusion on why people are upset over the failure of indictment. There seems to be a real feeling that things have been equalized, for the most part amongst the races, over the last 5 decades. There seems to be a real feeling that due process under the law is a thread based on the totality of one's actions and not a point in time event.

I don't think anything that we post here will change anyone's mind on things. But, I do think there are some here that will benefit from understanding the viewpoints of those that take a counter position to them...even if they never fully agree with the position.

I sleep 3 or 4 hours a night. I will happily make time for boobies, too, for whatever that is worth.
Last edited by Bklyn on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Saint wrote:I quit eating any seafood that comes from an Asian source.
Don't eat white fish from Asian sources. That's where the problem is.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Bklyn wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:Again, we will never know the whole story. Let's focus more on boobies

I guess that's why I have a pin in eCat's post. One may never know the WHOLE story, but we could get closer to the truth (or closer to real change) if everyone understands where things are wrong with the process in Ferguson, locally, and in the system nationally. There seems to be some legitimate confusion on why people are upset over the failure of indictment. There seems to be a real feeling that things have been equalized, for the most part amongst the races, over the last 5 decades. There seems to be a real feeling that due process under the law is a thread based on the totality of one's actions and not a point in time event.

I don't think anything that we post here will change anyone's mind on things. But, I do think there are some here that will benefit from understanding the viewpoints of those that take a counter position to them...even if they never fully agree with the position.

I sleep 3 or 4 hours a night. I will happily make time for boobies, too, for whatever that is worth.
I guess I'm a tazer fan. Sure it might kill some people with bad tickers but that happens. In my opinion even though their was a supposed struggle for the gun you don't shoot the guy as he's running away. You taze him. But what's done is done.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Don't get me wrong. Ferguson is a mess.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:09 pm

yes it is

biggest problem I have is believing brown came over to the car and the cop grabbed him and tried to pull him int through the window. thats insane. brown went to that window and reached in imo

mmmmm boobies and lobster

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Now we're talking. Boobies and Lobster.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Shame Augie died.