Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 pm

I now have puss running down my left calf. Could be rabies, could be the new weather chick on 12.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 am

Bluecat wrote:e, they're gonna say anything they can to try and cover the red marks that still sting from the ass-whuppin' we put on 'em in -- how did Hedge and TAk put it? Oh yeah -- the GAME THAT MEANT EVERYTHING.

nope, not everything since UK choked against UConn. now it's just 2-1 when it counts and UK is still playing catchup.

CAT
Sophomore

Post by CAT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:11 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Gonna have to figure out a way to kill the pit though.
Kill the owner RAT--not the poor dog! he was trained to be vicious
I try not to limit my madness to March

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 am

"Patrick Patterson said those near exact words just two years ago, Hedge. Try again."

No, that's not what Patterson said. What Patterson said is "Damn, I see I'm a late first round pick at best if I leave this year, but if I stay, I see one of the greatest collections of talent ever assembled coming in here for an almost guaranteed national championship, I think I'll stick around and ride those coattails and maybe improve my draft stock a little. I'm not a lottery pick and I won't be next year, so I might as well come back and win a championship."

Well, at least he was right about the first part, he did improve his draft stock a bit. Good for him...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:26 am

"You brag of UNC's 9-man rotation, then question where UK gets minutes for freshman"

Of course you already know this, but since you want to act the clown, there's a huge fucking difference b/w Watts and McDonald, who were averaging a total of 24 minutes per game combined, and Knight and Jones, who averaged well over 30 minutes per game each, (with Knight basically playing the whole game, every game, at 36 minutes per game). Even Liggins and Miller averaged 30+ minutes per game, and now you're going to reduce them to subs (which is what McDonald and, esp. Watts were for Carolina) to make room for Gilcrest, Teague and Davis, which you know Cal will do b/c he can't afford to have super stud high school players see their older compatriots riding the bench at UK while Miller and Liggins get major minutes. Meanwhile, the only real guy UNC has to make some room for is McAdoo, who is basically a better version of Justin Knox. Knox is gone, so McAdoo picks up his 16 minutes per game and maybe a couple here and there to spell Zeller and Henson. Bottom line is, we've got 2 freshmen who should see (and will hopefully earn) about 20 minutes per game and be good with that. UK has 3 stud freshmen who are going to be pissed if they're not getting 30 mpg minimum. If Knight and Jones return, you've got some serious problems. Thanks to Cal's philosophy, UK fans (except Crotch) are now "all in" gamblers who hope that last year's losers will move on so they can let it all ride again on an entirely new slew of "studs". Good luck with that...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:32 am

Of course, the main guy who could help your team next year, Liggins, is precisely the one that UK fans don't give a shit about b/c he wasn't a 5 star, #1 at his position in high school, blahblahblah, kinda guy, and UK fans would much rather let him go so that some high school stud can take all his minutes. And he probably will go now, with his draft position improved by Barnes, Sullinger, etc., returning, he moves up. Best time for him to leave and I hope he does, b/c he would be the real key for UK next year, but of course, even though they'll deny it (which comes naturally for natural born Kentucky liars), UK fans would much rather see Gilcrest on the court next year than Liggins. I hope you get what you wish for, Liggins will be able to check Barnes, but Barnes is going to school the shit out of Gilcrest...

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:33 am

Does anyone have the Maui brackets yet???
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:42 am

"Jones went home to talk to his family about the decision but returned to class today."

Returned to class?? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Man, that's a good one, Blue. A freshman stud UK player going to class? LMAO...

"Knight's momma said education is important to them and will factor in the decision"

Man, the hits just keep on coming. You should go on tour, Blue. If education was remotely important to Knight and his fambly, he wouldn't have gone to UK in the first place. I know this is merely part of your comedy routine, but you should at least try to make the jokes believable....

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:45 am

"Coming home from the Reds game yesterday I stopped to check out a place in Blue Ash ripe for flipping, among other possibilities."

What do you mean by "other possibilities?" Brothel? Crack house?

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:31 am

hedge wrote:"Coming home from the Reds game yesterday I stopped to check out a place in Blue Ash ripe for flipping, among other possibilities."

What do you mean by "other possibilities?" Brothel? Crack house?
Ironically, dog fighting ring.
THE OG SSG

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:49 am

Jungle Rat wrote:I forgot to tell ya guys but yesterday I was bit by a pit bull. Coming home from the Reds game yesterday I stopped to check out a place in Blue Ash ripe for flipping, among other possibilities. Same exact place two doors down sold for $187 last year. He's asking $69. Place smells like BRMs ass before Charmin. But its a simple 2k sewer line fix.

Anyway, I go outside to check out the boundaries etc, out of fucking nowhere comes the next door neighbors mean ass pit. Yes, I was wearing red but, this leash ran into the property I was looking at. Fucking dog put two nice vampire stabs in my leg. His owner was cutting up a tree he just cut down onto the property I was looking at. Could be a great profit. Gonna have to figure out a way to kill the pit though.
antifreeze...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:38 am

That does work well on cats.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:52 pm

See, I hate the fucking "quote" button that re-quotes the entire post, just copy and paste the relevant part that you want to respond to. Like I asked Rat "what are the other possible uses?", I didn't have to re-quote the entire story about the dog and him getting bit and all that other shit, it was just one small part about the possible other uses of the house that I was asking about, so that's all that needs to be quoted. Over at KSR, you have to scroll past whole pages b/c people "quote" a whole post that itself has quoted another whole post (so now you get to see both of those posts again in their entirety), and so on, until people are quoting posts that have 6 other full posts quoted and re-quoted within them, so your having to scroll past 48 inches of screen that it takes to accommodate a post that has 18 other posts re-quoted within just so someone can offer the brilliant insight of "LOL!" in response to the very last sentence of the entire sordid mess. And they really think that's cool over there. I was admonished for only quoting the part that I wanted to respond to. They were all like "Use the quote button, dude!" Fuck you, hilljacks!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

hedge wrote:See, I hate the fucking "quote" button that re-quotes the entire post, just copy and paste the relevant part that you want to respond to. Like I asked Rat "what are the other possible uses?", I didn't have to re-quote the entire story about the dog and him getting bit and all that other shit, it was just one small part about the possible other uses of the house that I was asking about, so that's all that needs to be quoted. Over at KSR, you have to scroll past whole pages b/c people "quote" a whole post that itself has quoted another whole post (so now you get to see both of those posts again in their entirety), and so on, until people are quoting posts that have 6 other full posts quoted and re-quoted within them, so your having to scroll past 48 inches of screen that it takes to accommodate a post that has 18 other posts re-quoted within just so someone can offer the brilliant insight of "LOL!" in response to the very last sentence of the entire sordid mess. And they really think that's cool over there. I was admonished for only quoting the part that I wanted to respond to. They were all like "Use the quote button, dude!" Fuck you, hilljacks!
Fuck off.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Sardis, all you needed was "Gonna have to figure out a way to kill the pit though." That's what you were responding to, not the rest of that bullshit Rat posted, as if it weren't enough that we have to read even once full posts from this farrago of idiots without having them inflicted whole hog on us again and again. But it is, it is enough. Indeed, too much...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Burn this shithole....

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:57 pm

hedge wrote:That's what you were responding to, not the rest of that bullshit Rat posted, as if it weren't enough that we have to read even once full posts
You can quote only the part of a post you are responding to, as well, douchebag.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:00 pm

aTm wrote:
hedge wrote:That's what you were responding to, not the rest of that bullshit Rat posted, as if it weren't enough that we have to read even once full posts
You can quote only the part of a post you are responding to, as well, douchebag.
How? By going in there and deleting the unwanted part? That's more hassle than just copy and pasting the part you need...

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Some dirt brained asshole wrote:How? By going in there and deleting the unwanted part?
Just highlight and copy the sentence you want and put the quote tags around it.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:08 pm

aTm wrote:
Some dirt brained asshole wrote:How? By going in there and deleting the unwanted part?
Just highlight and copy the sentence you want and put the quote tags around it.
Didn't work...