Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Owlman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:39 pm

BigRedMan wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
AlabamAlum wrote:History: As noted, gay unions have existed throughout many civilizations going back thousands of years.
no they don't

anal sex existed. gay unions have not
Now you are just being obtuse.
More than obtuse, probably incorrect as well. I knew that gay unions were encouraged in Sparta so I went looking for it. This is from wikipedia,
While it is a relatively new practice that same-sex couples are being granted the same form of legal marital recognition as commonly used by mixed-sexed couples, there is a long history of recorded same-sex unions around the world.[2] Various types of same-sex unions have existed, ranging from informal, unsanctioned relationships to highly ritualized unions. It is believed that a same-sex union was a socially recognized institution at times in Ancient Greece and Rome,[2] some regions of China, such as Fujian province, and at certain times in ancient European history.[3] These gay unions continued until Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions
My Dad is my hero still.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by TheBigMook » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
TheBigMook wrote:I do! I think you are fucking clownshoes.
clownshoes? interesting word there....

Perhaps I know you from another forum?
You know me from your nightmares.
THE OG SSG

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Very interesting...could be regime change in Iran?

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 03671.html

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 pm

[youtube]CBwnOxU-a1M[/youtube]

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 pm

More than obtuse, probably incorrect as well. I knew that gay unions were encouraged in Sparta so I went looking for it. This is from wikipedia,
While it is a relatively new practice that same-sex couples are being granted the same form of legal marital recognition as commonly used by mixed-sexed couples, there is a long history of recorded same-sex unions around the world.[2] Various types of same-sex unions have existed, ranging from informal, unsanctioned relationships to highly ritualized unions. It is believed that a same-sex union was a socially recognized institution at times in Ancient Greece and Rome,[2] some regions of China, such as Fujian province, and at certain times in ancient European history.[3] These gay unions continued until Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions
That's not the only example, spacer. Off the top of my head, a quick google of things that support there were same sex unions in other cultures in history:

1. 342 AD: Early Christians were so worried about same-sex unions, that they issued the Theodosian Code. In it,they outlawed ‘gay marriage’ and sentenced those gay couples already married to death.

2. China: Same-sex Fujian marriages during the Ming Dynasty in China.

3. The Roman Emperor Nero "married a man named Sporus in a very public ceremony... with all the solemnities of matrimony, and lived with him as his spouse." A friend gave the "bride" away "as required by law. The marriage was celebrated separately in both Greece and Rome in extravagant public ceremonies.”

4. The Roman emperor Elagabalus married an athlete named Hierocles in a lavish public ceremony in Rome amidst the rejoicings of the citizens.

5. “Two-Spirit” same-sex unions between the Native Americans of North America.

6. French “brotherments”: “The new "brothers" pledged to live together sharing 'un pain, un vin, et une bourse' -- one bread, one wine, and one purse. "the affrèrement was not only for brothers," since many other people, including relatives and non-relatives, used it. The effects of entering into an affrèrement were profound. As Tulchin explains: "All of their goods usually became the joint property of both parties, and each commonly became the other's legal heir. They also frequently testified that they entered into the contract because of their affection for one another. As with all contracts, affrèrements had to be sworn before a notary and required witnesses, commonly the friends of the affrèrés."”

There are others, as well. It won't matter, though.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:48 am

You guys seen these Flash Mob Roberies yet...?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 am

[youtube]s4uvn8vOWr0[/youtube]
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 am

[youtube]B1KqSiRKS7Q[/youtube]

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:51 am

[youtube]nLkkjN44YOU[/youtube]

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 am

[youtube]R_R1_afLRNo[/youtube]

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:53 am

[youtube]AvP5E3PFD3U[/youtube]

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:54 am

[youtube]Vj3To74xZcE[/youtube]

Okay so this shit is happening in Washington DC, New Jersey, Chicago, and now Minnesota. Kids get together, they Tweet/Text each other that they are going to hit a store, and they go in as "mob" and overwhelm the store owner and take whatever they damn well please. Law Enforcement takes 5 to 10 minutes to respond to a 211 in progress, by that time, the mob will have dispersed. And yet local law enforcement are still encouraging the store owners not to resist. Just let them shoplift whatever they want, take notes on appearance, and tell the cops when they get there (always too late.)

Well....

....what is going to happen eventually, is one of these kids are going to be killed. They are going to knock over the wrong store and that manager/owner will have a hand gun/shotgun and someone is going to wind up dead over a case of beer, an iPad, or a pair of True Religion jeans. And then all the finger pointing will start and Jesse's Rainbow Coalition will rush in (or Uncle Al's people) to denounce the racist over-reaction on the part of the murderers.

This shit should not be happening in a first world nation. Not at all. This is ridiculous. I would expect this type of behavior in Mexico, in Haiti, in Eastern Europe, in South America, but not the United States. I have to ask, where are the parents and what-the-fuck happened to these kids?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 am

It's good to see kids working together towards a common goal. Teamwork is hard to teach.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 am

That's been happening for a while - at least it used to happen in New Orleans. The idea was, there were too many kids to catch and detain. Safety in numbers, whatever. I remember back in the 1970's, convenience stores that would limit the number of kids who came in. Used to have to wait in a long line by a locked door outside the Time Saver off Transcon and W. Metarie.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:59 am

So homosexuality has been around for ages, wow, whodathunkit? Other deviant behaviors have been with us for similar time frames, I won't bore w/the list. Again, not for banning the behavior, but is society better off when it sanctions deviant behavior? And ftr, as long as the states are choosing what they want, and have the ability to reverse it they choose, I can live w/it.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 am

but is society better off when it sanctions deviant behavior?
isn't the problem in this statement ones definition of deviant behavior? The fact is, most people in this country are sodomist and have participated in what was deviant behavior on the books not so long ago.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:15 am

Definition of SODOMY

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also : copulation with an animal
My Dad is my hero still.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:19 am

Owlman wrote:Definition of SODOMY

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also : copulation with an animal
So if I read that correctly, I can't give / receive oral sex with a woman??????

Fuck that noise, son. I eat more pussy than cervical cancer.

No worries for DS though. The "hogs" he are banging aren't technically animals.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 am

Exactly, spacer.

I do not believe the State needs to be in the business of deciding if a union between two consenting adults is 'deviant' or not. What the bulk of society views as acceptable evolves; it changes. Attaching our freedoms to the ever-changing public sentiment of what is 'proper and normal' is a mistake.

I am okay, however, with a church, religion, or other private entity, setting what they deem as acceptable. For example, if Catholics will only marry hetero Catholic couples who have never been married before (or whatever) - they should have that right.
— Abraham Lincoln

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 am

BigRedMan wrote:
Owlman wrote:Definition of SODOMY

So if I read that correctly, I can't give / receive oral sex with a woman??????

Fuck that noise, son. I eat more pussy than cervical cancer.

No worries for DS though. The "hogs" he are banging aren't technically animals.

Just became Jewish...