The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Most were bullies in high school like IB.
I was no bully. I didn't take any crap (got in the occassional fight) but was no bully. I was more the anti-bully as I would see someone being picked on and if he was outnumbered, I would usually jump on his side and the bullies would stop bullying.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:52 pm

You've been bullying AA in here...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Uh huh. You learned the hard way about different shades of lipstick before you were 4.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:12 pm

hedge wrote:You've been bullying AA in here...
No I'm not. AA can take care of himself. He's doing just fine. We just disagree on a simple principle or two.

People are allowed to disagree. And disagreeing is what makes the discussion good. It becomes interesting (something we all wish you could do hedge, add value and become interesting.) It makes you think. AA has challenged me to think, expanded my mind. Of course he thinks I'm stupid (and he has said as much) so for a stupid person there is only so much thinking I can do.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Disagreeing does make these discussions good I agree. Except you are a fucking moron.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:18 pm

"AA has challenged me to think, expanded my mind."

When I read that, the phrase "like a fart in a diving bell" came to mind...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:43 pm

here is one for you Brooklyn

http://dailysignal.com/2014/09/29/flori ... aghettios/

not quite 3 years but still
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:44 pm

That's crazy. And crazier is that she was considering the plea. Nuts.

A friend of mine was in a barbershop in Washington Heights, NYC (large Dominican neighborhood) years ago. A cop walks in the place and says "who does not have a record?" Everyone looked around confused and the cop repeated "who in here doesn't have a record?" A guy raises his hand and the cop says "congrats, today's your day." He arrests the guy (my friend was 19 at the time and the guy arrested was around the same age) and takes him to be processed. He hit him with a disorderly conduct charge and gave him a case number. The kid did a night in Central Booking and was then released.

Turns out (found this out recently by asking one of the retired cops that work for my firm and drive some of us to and from airports for travel) this was done so the guy could make his case number quota and get some O/T by doing all the paperwork. He apparently wanted someone without a record so the kid didn't get hit with a parole violation and have to stay locked up until he made trial (how caring).

The thing is, over 10 years later the kid is now a man (still) without a criminal record but he sometimes gets into job hassles while applying for employment over his arrest record because he was processed through the system. He had the charge dismissed but his court appointed lawyer never followed up to make sure everything was expunged. He sued the city...and it has been still a pending case for the past 10 years.

The cop got his O/T, though...and all of his family probably wonders why and get offended when someone is yelling "fuck the police" all the time.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:10 am

so are the barber shop guys just so beaten down by it they didn't report it?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:11 am

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said on Tuesday that new forms of encryption capable of locking law enforcement officials out of popular electronic devices imperil investigations of kidnappers and sexual predators, putting children at increased risk.

“It is fully possible to permit law enforcement to do its job while still adequately protecting personal privacy,” Holder said at a conference on child sexual abuse, according to a text of his prepared remarks. “When a child is in danger, law enforcement needs to be able to take every legally available step to quickly find and protect the child and to stop those that abuse children. It is worrisome to see companies thwarting our ability to do so.”

In his comments, Holder became the highest government official to publicly chastise technology companies for developing systems that make it difficult for law enforcement officials to collect potential evidence, even when they have search warrants. Though he didn’t mention Apple and Google by name, his remarks followed their announcements this month of new smartphone encryption policies that have sparked a sharp government response, including from FBI Director James B. Comey last week.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:26 am

The internet and the related technology have created an opportunity for revolution. It's one area government can't keep up with "the people". That's one reason they said Bonnie and Clyde and other gangsters from that era were so successful, they had much greater fire power than average law enforcement. But of course, that was one area where government could quickly equalize and even gain an advantage. Not so with internet technology. Viva la resistance...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:35 am

that's why we have to support net neutrality.

it really is the new era of free press.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:41 pm

yep
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 pm

eCat wrote:so are the barber shop guys just so beaten down by it they didn't report it?
In that area of the city, most of the barbershop guys have open cases...or a dubious status, in terms of their behavior or urine quality. They want nothing to do with saying anything "yay or nay" to/about the police.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:12 pm

ahh..

damn..shame to be worked into a corner like that

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 pm

A large segment of our society and government depends on those folks...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 pm

A large segment of our society and government wishes you would shut the fuck up.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:00 am

thought this was interesting - its more of commentary on the small incidental everyday things in life.........

It all started over a month ago, right here in Acapulco, Mexico, when I commented to a good friend, "Have you noticed how much better traffic has been lately?"

He responded, "Yes, traffic flow has been so much better... it's because the Transit Police went on strike.".

It turned out that was the case. The Transit Police in Acapulco had went on strike and all of a sudden many local residents were noticing how much better traffic, which can get to gridlock levels during peak holiday periods, had become.

Weeks went on and you could tell that almost everybody had become aware of the lack of transit police and no one was adhering to red lights if there wasn't any oncoming traffic. The majority of people began treating red lights like a "yield" sign. They'd slow down, check that no cars were coming, and if there weren't, they'd just roll through the red light instead of sitting there for a minute or two, as traffic backed up behind them.

But, it got even better. The municipal police also then went on strike... and no one noticed.

I mentioned to my friend how much everything has been so much better in Acapulco for the last few months and said people just seem happier and I assumed it was just because traffic was flowing so much better. He then said, "Actually, the municipal police are on strike now too... so people are probably just a lot happier in general because there isn't really anyone around to bother them."

And then it got even better, this week, when the Mexican military decided to take away all the guns from the municipal police - who are still on strike!

Now, the transit and municipal police, faced with a very happy public and having been disarmed are protesting for the government to let them come back to "work"! The public in general is apathetic to it all with the vast majority of people not caring too much if they ever come back to work or not!

Has there been any noticable increase of violent crime in the meantime? No, not at all. While the main tourist areas of Acapulco are almost always completely peaceful there has been no change that I can see on the street other than people seem a bit happier than usual.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:14 am

“If he failed the first time he took his driver's licence test, it was mainly because he started an argument with the examiner in an ill-timed effort to prove that nothing could be more humiliating to a rational creature than being required to encourage the development of a base conditional reflex by stopping at a red light when there was not an earthly soul around, heeled or wheeled. He was more circumspect the next time, and passed.” ― Vladimir Nabokov, Pnin

onion eyed gudgeon
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Arizona
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by onion eyed gudgeon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:37 am

Oregon. Heh. Lol.