Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 pm

hedge wrote:I will never refer to National as Reagan, and it's not b/c I have anything against Reagan...

"I hate any airport that is expansive to the point that it pushes you with a connecting flight. DFW, ATL, even Charlotte and Minny, to a degree."

Minny, yes, (although that's a great airport), but Charlotte? I've never had any problem getting from one end to the other fairly briskly. The only smaller "major" airports I've ever been to are RDU (obviously) and Burbank. I love those...

I had a bad experience at DFW, missed a connector due to their fucked up customs area. But it's not a bad airport...
I always try to fly out of Burbank when possible. Actually, all of the satellite airports in LA (John Wayne, Long Beach, Ontario and Burbank) are much superior options to LAX, but LAX controls the routes for all 5 airports and naturally directs as many flights as possible to LAX, so the little airports don't always have the flights you want.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Owlman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:
AlabamAlum wrote:The worst airport in the US (that I've flown into) is LaGuardia. It's like a slum, except worse.
Dulles and Dallas Fort Worth are the two worst, to me.

Dulles, because it's a two hour drive to get there from DC during daylight hours.

DFW, because whenever I have a connecting flight, it is ALWAYS on the opposite side of the airport, which is a 45 minute fast walk or a 30 minute jog. If you have less than an hour to make your connection, don't stop to pee or you'll miss your flight.
DFW is hardly the worse airport you have to spend time at. If you have a 3 to 4 hour layover, LaGuardia is the worst. I like National Airport, Midway is convenient as is Hobby (Southwest of course) in Houston.
My Dad is my hero still.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 pm

DFW is hardly the worse airport you have to spend time at. If you have a 3 to 4 hour layover, LaGuardia is the worst.
LaGuardia is like a Greyhound station. Public urination optional.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm

I agree LaGuardia is the worse. I haven't been there in a while. Terminal D in Dallas is as nice as it gets but I hate DFW. I spent 8 hours there Monday and it looks like I will probably be spending the night there tonight. It's not so much DFW as it is American Airlines, the shittiest airline out there. Like JD I use Burbank and Oakland instead of SFO.
Let 'er Blow!

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:45 pm

I also have bad memories of Newark, O'Hare and LAX.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:10 pm

nothing was worse than taking People's Express at Newark
My Dad is my hero still.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Newark? You're lucky you weren't stabbed.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:47 am

Unfortunately, Professor Tiger is functionally incapable of answering the most simplest of questions. I have asked three times now, and in all his fury and indignation towards my posts he can't address this simple question: why should a woman be willing to marry a man if she is not willing to obey him?

That is a very simple question. A pox on you sir for avoiding it. Turn in your man card and stop eating all those blue pills you feminist pussy wimp. You need a red pill. Fuck, this whole board needs red pills.
AlabamAlum wrote:Threat Point would be a decent band name.
Threatpoint is a legitimate legal policy meant to rob marital authority and headship from men and hand marital headship over to women. It is the work of the devil (and people who think like Professor Tiger.)

http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/threatpoint/

It is also the reason why fewer and fewer young men marry. Afterall, with threatpoint, what is in it for them?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:59 am

Why does a "Christian counselor" routinely use words like "fuck" and "pussy"? You sound more like a rapper than a Christian, much less than an Christian who attempts to counsel others. Didn't they teach you in your weekend-long Christian counseling certification course, "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth..."?

Or were you too busy jotting down cool phrases like "threat point" that you think will make you sound knowledgeable on a subject in which you are clearly unqualified?

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:13 am

As an atheist, I grade the various iterations of god(s) that the world's religions offer on a scale. IB's god is squarely placed on the moron end of that spectrum, along with the god that had bears kill what amounted to a busload of children because they called some old coot a 'bald head'.

"God gave me a penis so she MUST always do what I say! And if she doesn't, she's with the devil!"
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:32 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Why does a "Christian counselor" routinely use words like "fuck" and "pussy"? You sound more like a rapper than a Christian, much less than an Christian who attempts to counsel others. Didn't they teach you in your weekend-long Christian counseling certification course, "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth..."?
Well I am attempting to communicate to you (and everyone else who reads this board) in a manner that you and everyone else can understand how wrong you are. You see unlike you, I actually answer your questions. Still waiting for you to answer mine.... coward.
Professor Tiger wrote:Or were you too busy jotting down cool phrases like "threat point" that you think will make you sound knowledgeable on a subject in which you are clearly unqualified?
Did you click on the link I provided?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:34 am

Ohhh, he uses profane words for OUR benefit! Of course! We can't understand his ramblings unless he says 'fuck' and 'pussy'!
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:29 am

IB, I didn't answer your question because it is as pointless as having a conversation with a pareot who has been trained to say, "WOMEN SHOULDN"T VOTE! WOMEN SHOULDN"T VOTE! THREAT POINT! THREAT POINT!"

But we must have mercy even on trained parrots. So, pointless as it is, and too keep you from further embarrassing yourself and other Christians, I'll answer it.

The Bible says, wives obey your husbands. But it also says, husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the Church (i.e., with total self-sacrifice). It is a two-way covenant. Most of the pseudo Christian counselors out there who obsess on the first part completely downplay the second part. You literally said a wife should do "whatever her husband says." Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. You and your fellow loons want to give a total blank check to husbands who can be very sinful and use it for their own sinful pleasure, all justified under the all-important wifely submission clause.

So a husband comes home from work, plops down on the couch, and declares he is going to watch tv the rest of the night. He tells the wife that his dinner had better be on a tray in his lap in 30 minutes. His wife also comes home from work, and is just as tired as her husband is. But she must now make his dinner, then do the dishes afterward, then help the kids with their homework, make sure they brush their teeth, get to bed on time, then pay the bills, and maybe do some laundry. Her Christian husband won't do any of these things and ordered her to submit to his decree and do it all on her own. She also desperately wants to talk to her husband about her concerns, her needs, her feelings because that's how women decompress (not watching tv like men tend to do).

She asks her husband to communicate with her. That is a very important and legitimate need of hers. God created women with a strong need to communicate. But the husband refuses because he doesn't want to talk to her, or listen to her problems. He just wants to watch tv and be left alone. And, by the way, he wants to have sex tonight. When the wife is therefore unhappy with her response, he plays the submission card and says, "I am your husband and you must therefore submit to me. So go finish the dishes, iron my shirts, put on a negligee, and I will be ready for sex after the O'Reilly factor. And by the way, I'm going golfing with my buddies all weekend too."

That Christian husband is not fulfilling his half of the covenant. He is demanding obedience from his wife, but he is not loving his wife like Christ loved the Church through total self sacrifice for her. He is just being lazy, selfish, and worst of all, using one half of a Bible verse to justify his sinfulness. But that scenario plays out every night in millions of Christian homes who have bought into the quackery of pseudo Christian counselors who only harp on the submission part, but rarely mention the husbandly self-sacrifice part.

If he were practicing his end of the bargain by loving his wife like Christ loved the Church, he would routinely say, "Honey, I'm home. I'm tired and really just want to watch tv. But instead I am going to deny that sinful temptation and sacrifice it for you and for your benefit. Can I help you make dinner, or at least set the table? I'll do the dishes. Let's both put the kids to bed so we can talk later. How was your day? My buddies invited me to go golfing this weekend, but instead let's go do something fun as a couple."

Most Christian wives won't mind submitting to a husband who attempts to practice the whole biblical equation. But Christian wives have every reason to refuse to submit to only one half of the equation (the wifely submission half) as is commonly peddled by theological and pseudo counseling quacks. That snake oil of biblical half-truth that you peddle causes incalculable sorrow and sadness in Christian homes that partake of it.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Oh, I almost forgot: IB, when you post, and you are trying to impress us with your profound knowledge of the Bible, Christianity, counseling, and lofty spiritual topics, please try to refrain from interspersing your pious discourse with your usual profanity - most recently words like "fuck" and "pussy." Some of us Christians actually try to practice what the Bible teaches about our use language.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:59 pm

You actually read that shit he posts? You have no one to blame but yourself.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:45 pm

So IB is a marriage counselor without ever being married?

Maybe he's a Catholic priest.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:39 pm

He hasn't answered the question whether he is, or ever has been, married or not.

Wonder why.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:42 pm

sardis wrote:So IB is a marriage counselor without ever being married?

Maybe he's a Catholic priest.
I've tried to find out his qualifications for the position.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Threatpoint is a legitimate legal policy
Legitimate??? By what standards?
My Dad is my hero still.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:51 pm

The term "Threat Point" is authorized by Brother Bob's Handy Pocket Guide to Christian Marriage Counseling. That was the assigned text to the course IB took in a weekend which qualified him as a Christian marriage counselor.

Brother Bob is not only the author of that renowned resource, but he is also a deacon in his church and runs the most successful auto parts store in the tri-county area.