Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:38 am

hedge wrote:I do admire how UK fans take umbrage not at being accused of cheating, but at the implication that they would have done it so stupidly...
to know thyself is the key to wisdom
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 am

McCants is broke whack job looking to make a dollar. Why was he silent until now?

Willingham is a discredited bitch who was unethical and broke the law.

Hedge: it was good seeing you and the MYF Friday night at Jack's. It was especially nice to feel the MYF's large but firm bust rub against my arm as she leaned over to say something into my ear above the roar of the music.
Last edited by DooKSucks on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Good seeing you too. In fairness, it would be hard not to rub against you in that place. It was only a few thousand square feet and you're entering BRM levels of girth these days. Irregardless, the MIF mentioned several times how good you looked. I think she needs lasics...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:14 pm

So, your MYF likes fatties? Is she onto Stu's scent yet?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Stu is an averaged sized guy who has just let himself go. He's all gut. DS is a large (6'5"-ish) big-boned man who has fulfilled the promise of his husky youth into a burly manhood. I would say DS is every bit of 300 lbs, and naturally there's going to be some lard, but he carries it well. If he lost 50 lbs or even more, he'd still be "big", whereas if Stu just lost his gut, he'd be relatively lean. That's not going to happen, though....

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:29 pm

"Is she onto Stu's scent yet?"

She stopped, sniffed, and recoiled...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 pm

DooKSucks wrote:McCants is broke whack job looking to make a dollar. Why was he silent until now?

Hedge: it was good seeing you and the MYF Friday night at Jack's. It was especially nice to feel the MYF's large but firm bust rub against my arm as she leaned over to say something into my ear above the roar of the music.
why was he silent until now isn't relevant - is he lying is relevant, and I don't think he is - and deep down, Carolina fans know he isn't either.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Sounds to me like he broke the honor code. He should be ashamed...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Jose Conseco's motives weren't exactly pure either, but sometimes it takes shady from within to expose shadiness.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:53 pm

hedge wrote:Sounds to me like he broke the honor code. He should be ashamed...

it hasn't happened often, but then again, we always knew McCants was a unique person

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:54 pm

DooKSucks wrote:McCants is broke whack job looking to make a dollar. Why was he silent until now?

Neil Reed says Hi.

Well in his current condition, it would be Boo!! However, you get the point.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:09 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:04 am

From an interview with Texas AD Steve Patterson:

On the academic piece of the scholarship being removed from the debate:

“If athletes are employees, what’s the point of going to class? We spend millions and millions of dollars each year tutoring, mentoring, providing student services. We make that commitment because we should, and if we don’t, you wind up like UConn and you don’t get to play in the NCAA tournament. And at the end of four or five years, you hope that a student has graduated and something really good has happened. Generally, it does.

“Now, you can go find some jerk who was a former basketball player, who was a jerk in college and was a jerk in the pros, who decides he wants to disparage one of the best college basketball programs out there. Yeah, you can find that guy. But for every one of him, I’ll find you 500 kids who say, ‘Thank God I had a basketball scholarship or a baseball scholarship or a track scholarship. It changed my life and it changed my family’s life.’”

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 am

Need a UNCs-shame.jpg
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... -unc-ncaa/

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:30 pm

"We make that commitment because we should, "

no you don't you self righteous ass, you do it because you are required to do it.

and the flipside is that because you do it, you get to look the athlete in the eye and tell them that because they help bring in millions of dollar in income to the university, they in turn have earned the right to attend class and get an education.

(and assuming the Texas AD is now talking about Rashad McCants)

That jerk in college, that jerk in the pro's wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you had done right by him in the first place - if you had made him attend real classes, if you had made him suffer for not passing real classes, if you had held him out of the program and let it cost you a national championship - then maybe that jerk wouldn't have equated his time at your program with it being a prison sentence where you do your time and get out to get your share of the pie, maybe that jerk would have been humbled and humiliated just a little to where he wouldn't be so ready to bite the hand that fed him because he realized that hand also cared about him as a person, not a money machine.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Yeah, McCants is definitely the kind of guy who would've appreciated being suspended due to grades. Certainly he would've seen that as "caring". Hell, he pouted every time Roy took him out of a game...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 pm

all I'm saying is you can't be surprised that McCants turned on UNC.

They let him know what he was there for - and it wasn't an education

what this last series of posts is about isn't whether UNC did right by McCants on making sure they held him to the right student standards - because honestly, no one would believe them if they tried but why McCants is rolling on UNC.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:18 pm

I'm sure he didn't care at the time and I doubt he does now. He's just looking for attention...

And, not that I think you or any other UK fan would dispute it, but I don't think the one and done's that are flocking to UK are going there to get an education, either...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:22 pm

they aren't but the difference is - we are making them attend valid classes and we are making them go thru to the end of the semester.

Even Anthony Davis was complaining on Jimmy Kimmel how he had to go to classes after the national championship at UK.

Like I said, had you done right by McCants, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on -but that would have cost UNC a national championship - so the bitterness toward McCants from UNC fans is solely about him turning on UNC. UNC fans don't even care at this point that the UNC academic reputation is just blown to hell and back.

Can't say I'd be acting any different but then again, UK fans are pretty adamant at this point about making sure we don't get our ass in a sling like UNC is right now.