Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:05 pm

I could go to Vegas, shack up with a hooker, go through a drive-thru chapel, and pay extra for Elvis to officiate the ceremony, and I would have fulfilled all I need to be called 'married' by the most ardent anti-gay marriage person. Why? Because I have a penis, and the hooker has a vagina. It's just staggering to me....

But if the committed, loving, couple who are married in their church, and raise a family together have matching sets of genitalia, well, they aren't married...they CANNOT use the term.... they are.... in something else. Certainly NOT marriage. Why? Because we heteros say so. Now shut up and know your role, gay people.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:06 pm

marriage for government purposes should have no same sex restriction

marriage for religious purposes should not be forced to recognize same sex marriages--although in my grandsons lifetime Im sure most religions will recognize same sex marriages

but I think most same sex couples shoudl avoid adoption--or raising family. most studies show homosexuals are MUCH more promiscuious then heterosexuals. It has to place a burden on the kids to have 2 dads or 2 moms no matter how much hollywood tries to normalize/glamorize the modern families of the world.
Be intersting to ask kids given a choice would they rather have a mom and dad or 2 of the same parents. most kids would want 1 of each I imagine so thats what we should encourage

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:10 pm

eCat wrote:
whats telling to me is you're so devoted to your point you can't simply admit that the common definition of marriage by society is the union between a man and a woman. If you have to fog the reality of the world we live in and have lived in for thousands of years, then I'm not sure you're on such solid ground with your argument. You're going to tell me that in some segment of society , a small % tolerates a union between the same sexes, or that the latin definition doesn't exclude homo - and that is the basis to overrule the norm in society since the beginning of society itself.

seriously, I'd rather you just call me a redneck neanderthal that beat that ridiculous drum into the ground.
No, no...it is the common definition. My point is that it is not the only definition, and hasn't been, and the fact of it being the common definition does not give those that fit that mold rights to dictate its exclusivity.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:14 pm

crashcourse wrote:
but I think most same sex couples shoudl avoid adoption--or raising family. most studies show homosexuals are MUCH more promiscuious then heterosexuals. It has to place a burden on the kids to have 2 dads or 2 moms no matter how much hollywood tries to normalize/glamorize the modern families of the world.
Be intersting to ask kids given a choice would they rather have a mom and dad or 2 of the same parents. most kids would want 1 of each I imagine so thats what we should encourage
Was that research funded by Westboro Baptist? Most of the studies I've seen has said that kids adopted by gay couples were as well-adjusted as other adopted kids, and that they were MUCH better off than those left in Foster Care.
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:20 pm

I subscribe to the idea that kids from a man/woman relationship on the whole are going to be more well adjusted than single parents, divorced parents, gay parents or no parents

so I believe that if you follow 100 kids from each group above, that the kids from a % standpoint in the man/woman relationship would be better off than those from other groups. Define better off? less chemical dependency, better overall health - both physical and mental, better education and more successful careers in terms of goals and happiness as well as personal relationships.

That isn't to say that kids from the other groups aren't going to do well or will be noticeably handicapped even if raised by well meaning and devoted parents in the other groups but in a society dominated by men/women relationships raising children - the path for success has to be the least resistant from that grouping. I believe that is common sense.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:42 pm

— Abraham Lincoln

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:43 pm

The University of Melbourne did a study of children raised by same sex couples and found that there is no difference between these kids and kids raised by "traditional" couples in emotional behavior and self esteem. And, it found that these families scored higher on health and family cohesiveness. Maybe things are different down under but it seems that the early returns are in and things aren't so bad for kids raised by gay couples.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/tick- ... 2npxf.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:48 pm

I've been trying to talk my wife into being a foster parent for about 3 years now. She won't give in though.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:50 pm

If you're alive at all, you've already won the lottery. Look at the alternative. Being against gay marriage b/c there might be some small fraction of a chance that a kid won't be quite as "well-adjusted" (whatever that means) is asking way too much...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Anyway, we have 19 states and DC that allow gay marriage. We have nine states where a judge has ruled the gay marriage ban unconstitutional, and appeals by those states are forthcoming. I think that most of those decisions will be upheld, so, in the very near future, more than half of the states will have gay marriage.

The minority will be states that deny it. And, it appears that I am in a state that is determined to be the last one to allow it (you know it will either be Alabama or Mississippi - I know both states are set to go down kicking and screaming- YEEEEHAAAAAW!).
Last edited by AlabamAlum on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:50 pm

"I've been trying to talk my wife into being a foster parent for about 3 years now. She won't give in though."

Tell her you're gay, maybe she'll change her mind...

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:52 pm

eCat wrote:

I've been trying to talk my wife into being a foster parent for about 3 years now. She won't give in though.
Forget Foster...adopt you some more chillin'
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:55 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:
eCat wrote:

Forget Foster...adopt you some more chillin'
that is what scares her- we'll end up with a brood of kids that we love because we fostered them

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:12 pm

She don't want to be no broody hen!

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:13 pm

I agree with your wife. I want no part of it.
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Not even the money part?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Again I axe (to those who oppose gay marriage): What if one or more of your kids is gay? You don't think they should be able to get married if they fall in love and want to?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:21 pm

No

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Sardis will disown and maybe kill his kids if any of them turn out to be gay. Bob Jones people don't tolerate that kind of bullshit.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:36 pm

Next thing Ecat is going to ask for is STRAIGHT ONLY fountains and restrooms.

<sorry, just throwing some shit at you>
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.