Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Rush Limbaugh: "Donald Sterling Smeared as Racist for Not Giving Obama Enough Money"

lol Not sure how Rush can toss oprama into this soap opera between Sterling, his wife, and his mistress. Could it be that El Rushbo is the only person in America who hasn't heard those tapes by now? (they kinda speak for themselves a la Cliven Bundy...no smearing necessary)
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Wall Street Republicans' dark secret: Hillary Clinton 2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/w ... html?hp=t1
Two dozen interviews about the 2016 race with unaligned GOP donors, financial executives and their Washington lobbyists turned up a consistent — and unusual — consolation candidate if Bush demurs, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie doesn’t recover politically and no other establishment favorite gets nominated: Hillary Clinton.
JD, how does it make you feel that your golden girl is being checked out by those evil rich Republicans?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Wall Street Republicans' dark secret: Hillary Clinton 2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/w ... html?hp=t1
Two dozen interviews about the 2016 race with unaligned GOP donors, financial executives and their Washington lobbyists turned up a consistent — and unusual — consolation candidate if Bush demurs, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie doesn’t recover politically and no other establishment favorite gets nominated: Hillary Clinton.
JD, how does it make you feel that your golden girl is being checked out by those evil rich Republicans?
If you'll look a couple pages back, I acknowledge that the Clintons have served the Oligarchs well. If the election was in 1956 instead of 2016, they'd be listed as R's on the ballot, and much more acceptable to the party than liberals like Prescott Bush, Nelson Rockefeller, John Lindsay, Earl Warren, etc.

I can remember in 2000 I had a couple of friends who refused to vote for Gore because of Bill Clinton's infidelity and instead voted for Nader. While it didn't matter in California, the Green Party got almost 100,000 votes in Florida . . . and Gore officially "lost" by 543.

I won't even get into what America would look like had the Bush Wars and Bush Collapse not happened. Suffice it to say, for the people who protest the establishment candidates, beware of the fallout if the other guy gets in (GOP might have the same claim about Perot in 1992).
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:08 pm

bluetick wrote:Rush Limbaugh: "Donald Sterling Smeared as Racist for Not Giving Obama Enough Money"

lol Not sure how Rush can toss oprama into this soap opera between Sterling, his wife, and his mistress. Could it be that El Rushbo is the only person in America who hasn't heard those tapes by now? (they kinda speak for themselves a la Cliven Bundy...no smearing necessary)
yeah, Rush was up and yelling that Sterling was a Democrat. Saw it all over the political and sports blogs the past 2 days because the only money he's ever officially donated to political campaigns was $6,000 (that's total) in 1990 and 1992 to Bill Bradley and a couple of other Democrats.

Turns out, Rush and the rest of them were wrong. Sterling is a registered Republican. Don't think it has anything to do with his comments, imo though.
My Dad is my hero still.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Owlman wrote:
bluetick wrote:Rush Limbaugh: "Donald Sterling Smeared as Racist for Not Giving Obama Enough Money"

yeah, Rush was up and yelling that Sterling was a Democrat. Saw it all over the political and sports blogs the past 2 days because the only money he's ever officially donated to political campaigns was $6,000 (that's total) in 1990 and 1992 to Bill Bradley and a couple of other Democrats.

Turns out, Rush and the rest of them were wrong. Sterling is a registered Republican. Don't think it has anything to do with his comments, imo though.
Let's see:

Old? Check.
White? Check.
Racist? Check.
Billionaire? Check.

Of COURSE Sterling's a Republican!
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:48 pm

I'll be glad when this Sterling story has run its course so we can get back to real news. Traffic jams on the GW and such.
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Death tolls:

Christie's (Alleged) Bridgegate: 0
Sterling's Racist Rant: 0
Hillary's Benghazi: 4

MSM's assessment:

Christie's (Alleged) Bridgegate: We can't wait for the Fat Man to be raped in prison.
Sterling's Racist Rant: Looking for a way for the Old Man to die in prison.
Hillary's Benghazi: Phony Scandal. At this point, what does it matter? Nothing to see here. Move along.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:06 pm

When (if) Sterling is forced to sell, Rush will crap cinder blocks if Magic Johnson buys the team. The internet will break from all of the conspiracy theories.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 pm

It would indeed be a great ending to this ugly story if Sterling were forced to sell the Clippers to Magic Johnson (or Michael Jordan or other black NBA icon). That would be perfect.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:49 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:It would indeed be a great ending to this ugly story if Sterling were forced to sell the Clippers to Magic Johnson (or Michael Jordan or other black NBA icon). That would be perfect.
The simplest solution would be for Sterling to "retire" (he's 80) and have one of his kids take over as Team Governor, but:

1) His ego is too big to let him bow out gracefully,
2) His kids hate him, and
3) he'd rather have the bragging rights of selling the team for a billion dollars (he'll get it, too, in this market).

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:48 am

Howard Kurtz (of FoxNews) slams FoxNews' coverage of Clive Bundy

[youtube]plP5nQaSr8o[/youtube]

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Death tolls:

Christie's (Alleged) Bridgegate: 0
Sterling's Racist Rant: 0
Hillary's Benghazi: 4
Everybody take a big swig!

Sterling's Racist Rant: Looking for a way for the Old Man to die in prison.
Hillary's Benghazi: Phony Scandal. At this point, what does it matter? Nothing to see here. Move along.
Down the hatch!

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:03 am

Shooting coloreds in Chicago....ho-hum.

Dissing coloreds by rich WASP.....now that's cream in yer jeans news!!111
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:26 am

Toemeesleather wrote:Shooting coloreds in Chicago....ho-hum.

Dissing coloreds by rich WASP
Say what - 'coloreds"? Nostalgic..or did yer pappy borrow your user name?

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:38 am

For youse to understand the current MSM blitz on rich white racists.......(of course this is nothing new)

Democrats face serious obstacles as they look to the November elections, with President Obama’s approval rating at a new low and a majority of voters saying they prefer a Congress in Republican hands to check the president’s agenda, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Obama’s approval rating fell to 41 percent, down from 46 percent through the first three months of the year and the lowest of his presidency in Post-ABC News polls. Just 42 percent approve of his handling of the economy, 37 percent approve of how he is handling the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and 34 percent approve of his handling of the situation involving Ukraine and Russia.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am

1 - Sterling's not a WASP, he's Jewish. Ironically, to avoid anti-Semitic bigotry (none of the big WASP firms would hire Donald Tokowitz after he graduated from law school), he changed his last name to Sterling as an adult.

2 - I will be in Chicago May 8-9 at the Interfaith Organizing Initiative's Summit on Criminalization and Race, presenting a talk on gun violence and mass incarceration. I won't take up space on the board, but if you'd like I can PM you the part about why "shooting coloreds" today is an after effect of slaveholder privilege.
Last edited by Johnette's Daddy on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am

Americans support the idea of constructing the Keystone XL oil pipeline between Canada and the United States by a nearly 3 to 1 margin, with 65 percent saying it should be approved and 22 percent opposed, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The findings also show that the public thinks the massive project, which aims to ship 830,000 barrels of oil a day from Alberta and the northern Great Plains to refineries on the Gulf Coast, will produce significant economic benefits. Eighty-five percent say the pipeline would create a significant number of jobs, with 62 percent saying they “strongly” believed that to be the case.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:45 am

Johnette's Daddy wrote:

1 - Sterling's not a WASP, he's Jewish. Ironically, to avoid anti-Semitic bigotry, he changed his last name to Sterling after he graduated from college.

2 - I will be in Chicago May 8-9 at the Interfaith Organizing Initiative's Summit on Criminalization and Race, presenting a talk on gun violence and mass incarceration. I won't take up space on the board, but if you'd like I can PM you the part about why "shooting coloreds" today is an after effect of slaveholder privilege.

Are you going to also pontificate on the fake planes that flew into the WTCs?

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:52 am

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:54 am

Toemeesleather wrote:
Johnette's Daddy wrote:

1 - Sterling's not a WASP, he's Jewish. Ironically, to avoid anti-Semitic bigotry, he changed his last name to Sterling after he graduated from college.

Are you going to also pontificate on the fake planes that flew into the WTCs?
No, I'm going to pontificate on how Bush/Cheney ignored 41 different alerts and warnings about an Al Qaeda plot to commit a major act of terror, and how after the attack, rather than going after Al Qaeda, they started a fake war with Iraq that led to the deaths of 188,000 non-combatant civilians and cost the USA SIX TRILLION DOLLARS.