Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: The Arrogant, Entitltled World Champion Los Angeles Lake

Post by Bklyn » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Ding continues to be the shit. He does more than just cover the sport.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Rumor: Pau Gasol to Minnesota for KLove, lottery pick and fillers.

Comment?
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

OK - Now they want Bynum

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Real GM reporting Wolves offered 2nd pick in the draft for Bynum.

(all of a sudden I can't paste any thing - go to realgm.com)
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Heh, we don't give away our D12 chip for Williams or Irving. No dice.

I think we should send Pau on his way.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Hizzy III » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Gasol for Love, lottery pick and fillers would seem to say advantage LA. Again. Shit.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:Rumor: Pau Gasol to Minnesota for KLove, lottery pick and fillers.

Comment?
That one started with Chad Ford saying that Gasol was the type of player Minny might target with the 2nd pick.

Then someone on LA radio turned it into Love plus #2 for Gasol. That ain't happening.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Simitar wrote:
Johnette's Daddy wrote:Rumor: Pau Gasol to Minnesota for KLove, lottery pick and fillers.

Comment?
That one started with Chad Ford saying that Gasol was the type of player Minny might target with the 2nd pick.

Then someone on LA radio turned it into Love plus #2 for Gasol. That ain't happening.
Some sportswriter in Minnesota named Jerry Zgoda confirmed that the Wolves made an offer for Gasol.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:
Simitar wrote:

Comment?

Some sportswriter in Minnesota named Jerry Zgoda confirmed that the Wolves made an offer for Gasol.
He's the Wolves beat writer. Here is what he said: "They're interested in Pau, but won't trade Love for him"

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Here is what my guy (with Wolves FO connections) said:

I will tell you that the Gasol/Shannon Brown for Beasley/#20 was very actively discussed and we are not going to give up the #2 to take on a older superstar with a massive contract. It would involve the #2 going to Cleveland for Varejao and #4, with Andy going to LA and the #4 staying with Minny.

Now I don;t believe for a second that this deal will go down, just that its been discussed back-and-forth - along with the Bynum for #2 plus filler.

Sounds like Bogut/#10 for #2 is on the table for Minny, as is Gortat/#13.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Bynum for 2+ is idiotic. That #2 this season is worth nothing...unless LA KNOWS that the D12 deal is going down and ORL is not landing Drew.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm

My.guy just told me.its gonna rain

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 pm

Simitar wrote:Here is what my guy (with Wolves FO connections) said:

I will tell you that the Gasol/Shannon Brown for Beasley/#20 was very actively discussed and we are not going to give up the #2 to take on a older superstar with a massive contract. It would involve the #2 going to Cleveland for Varejao and #4, with Andy going to LA and the #4 staying with Minny.

Now I don;t believe for a second that this deal will go down, just that its been discussed back-and-forth - along with the Bynum for #2 plus filler.

Your guy is full of shit. Shannon Brown cannot be traded because he can opt out on June 30. Cannot do a sign and trade until there's a new CBA. Cannot be traded after that if he opts-in w/o his consent because it's his Bird Rights year.

Trust me - Laker fans have looked at every possible scenario to ship World B. Brown outta town.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:
Simitar wrote:Here is what my guy (with Wolves FO connections) said:

Your guy is full of shit. Shannon Brown cannot be traded because he can opt out on June 30. Cannot do a sign and trade until there's a new CBA. Cannot be traded after that if he opts-in w/o his consent because it's his Bird Rights year.

Trust me - Laker fans have looked at every possible scenario to ship World B. Brown outta town.
Let me amend "full of shit." Shannon could be be traded before June 30 if he gets a contract extension. Good luck with that.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Like I said, he just said the discussion happened. Not that it came close or was imminent.

But I trust his source on Wolves rumors more than LA writers. Dude has broken two trades and a signing to me before rumor #1 hit the waves.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Simitar wrote:Like I said, he just said the discussion happened. Not that it came close or was imminent.

But I trust his source on Wolves rumors more than LA writers. Dude has broken two trades and a signing to me before rumor #1 hit the waves.
Fair enough. FWIW, if y'all can get Bogut and #10, take it and run ASAP.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote: FWIW, if y'all can get Bogut and #10, take it and run ASAP.
I'm concerned that if they're willing to give up Bogut, that there are serious worries that his arm will never be right.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

From the LA Times

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:35 pm

The Lakers tried to move up in Thursday's NBA draft by offering forward Lamar Odom to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' No. 2 overall pick, but Minnesota turned them down, according to two NBA officials who were not authorized to speak publicly about the trade talks.

The Lakers wanted to use the No. 2 pick to select Arizona's forward Derrick Williams, the officials said.

However, Minnesota didn't want Odom, the NBA's sixth man of the year last season, because the Timberwolves have Kevin Love at power forward and see him as part of the franchise's cornerstone.

Instead, Minnesota asked the Lakers for either Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol -- two players the Lakers were not going to trade -- for the No. 2 draft pick. Talks broke down and the teams aren't talking anymore about a deal, the officials said.

The Lakers don't have a first-round pick in Thursday's NBA draft; their second-round draft picks are Nos. 41, 46, 56 and 58.

-- Broderick Turner

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:59 pm

I wonder if Lamar's fat ass Kardashian wife would move to Minnesota with him. Actually, I don't wonder...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:10 pm

I cannot stand the Kardashians especially Lamar's wookie sized fat ass bitch of a wife.

The only reason they are famous are for fucking black guys on video and it getting "leaked" to the public.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:18 pm

They have no soul...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.