AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by AugustWest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Fifer wrote:
AugustWest wrote:Fifer, there is no one to fire Butch. he, Baddour, and Thorpe are all in this together, if one goes they all do, so none are gone, the unc BOT and BOG are both run by unc and are more concerned with how negative recruiting by NC State and VT are affecting Butch's current class than actually figuring out what's going on in the program. the unc academia is complicit in the athletic dept's academic fraud, and with rare exceptions have said nothing about the scandal. the NC legislature is full of unc grads so they're not going to do anything particularly with Roy set up for a championship run, our secretary of state is a unc shill that has done everything in her offices power to shield unc from exposure (I guess she still got DS's vote for senate) and the acc commissioner is a former unc football player and ad that helped build the corruption that is being exposed at unc. no one is going anywhere.

I don't think so. These things have a way of exploding out of control. Very often they're just the tip of the iceberg. All kinds of hobgobblins come dancing out of sewer. By the time the press, the NCAA enforcement, opponents, and the police all pile on the whole thing spins into choas. They just won't be able to contain it. If they took down USC and OSU, North Carolina will be small potatoes.
no question it's the tip of the iceberg. unc is doing everything they can to conceal and cover up, and the press will only do the bare minimum they have to do to maintain credibility. no one in nc state government will do anything to unc it's all up to the ncaa .
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:37 pm

IB if you want to know how unc is going to get away with this look at the News and Observers coverage of this mess in their Saturday and Sunday editions.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:55 pm

The N&O is on a witch hunt. How the fuck are they helping Carolina?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:01 pm

do you know what a witch hunt is? because what the n&o is doing certainly isnt one? the N&O has no investigation on their own. there has been no call for an independent investigation, and after the first week or so when this came out there has been no call for anybody to be fired. hell, when the phone/ticket recrods were released last week there was one article detailing the tickets and one detailing the phone records and that's been it. no follow up, no questions, no nothing. has anybody asked butch why he has not used his unc issued phone? not even once? has the n&o asked how and why unc players were getting dealer and temp tags from a known felon, sometimes multiple times a day? no they havent. the only reason the N&O was involved in the lawsuit to begin with was because once TDH filed suit they had to join or be left in the cold. without TDH, there's no suit and none of this sees the light of day.

good christ DS, try to have some intellectual integrity. you've spent 5 years laughing about an anti-ncsu bias in a newspaper that was printing daily excepts from personal fouls and had reporters who's only job was to dig up dirt on nc state and then you cry witch hunt over two articles in 5 weeks.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by billy bob bocephus » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:11 pm

good christ DS, try to have some intellectual integrity...
you do remember he is a lawyer, right?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Not to mention the sows he plows.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:17 pm

billy bob bocephus wrote:
good christ DS, try to have some intellectual integrity...
you do remember he is a lawyer, right?
I just want him to pick a side and be consistent. he's lambasted State for selling a few shoes and tickets, and now that unc players are taking cross country trips and getting expensive jewelry all the sudden it's not an institutional problem and it's just that a few young men made mistakes. also the N&O literally plastered lies across it's front page daily for months which is ok, but now that there's two small articles on page 6 of the sports section it's a witch hunt. the hypocrisy is blatant and unfortunately not surprising. this is literally the essence of unc.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 pm

"the unc BOT and BOG are both run by unc and are more concerned with how negative recruiting by NC State and VT are affecting Butch's current class than actually figuring out what's going on in the program. the unc academia is complicit in the athletic dept's academic fraud, and with rare exceptions have said nothing about the scandal. the NC legislature is full of unc grads so they're not going to do anything particularly with Roy set up for a championship run, our secretary of state is a unc shill that has done everything in her offices power to shield unc from exposure (I guess she still got DS's vote for senate) and the acc commissioner is a former unc football player and ad that helped build the corruption that is being exposed at unc. no one is going anywhere."

Sounds like a great situation to me. Glad I'm a UNC fan and not a bitter loser NCState fan. Sucks to be you...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Fifer
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Fifer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 pm

hedge wrote:"the unc BOT and BOG are both run by unc and are more concerned with how negative recruiting by NC State and VT are affecting Butch's current class than actually figuring out what's going on in the program. the unc academia is complicit in the athletic dept's academic fraud, and with rare exceptions have said nothing about the scandal. the NC legislature is full of unc grads so they're not going to do anything particularly with Roy set up for a championship run, our secretary of state is a unc shill that has done everything in her offices power to shield unc from exposure (I guess she still got DS's vote for senate) and the acc commissioner is a former unc football player and ad that helped build the corruption that is being exposed at unc. no one is going anywhere."

Sounds like a great situation to me. Glad I'm a UNC fan and not a bitter loser NCState fan. Sucks to be you...

uh huh, Gotta agree with August, you're whistling past the graveyard. These sort of disasters are way out of the jurisdiction of any Board of Trustees. Like I said they take on a life of their own, fueled on by a bloodthirsty press and vindictive oppoents, until the NCAA comes in like the lightning rod of God. We've all seen it happen too many times before all over the country. We'll see, but I doubt UNC is going to be able to keep a lid on this one.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Just like you haven 't been able to keep the lid on your sphincter when you stroll down 8th Avenue...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:58 pm

fifer, there's no lid to keep on. unc has admitted academic fraud, admitted their asst head coach was a runner for an agent admitted they had numerous players accepting illegal benefits and admitted that at best their head coach had no idea what was going on. they believe they skate on this simply because they are unc and they refuse to believe that unc did anything wrong and that if they did they should get a pass because they're unc.

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:05 pm

hedge wrote:Just like you haven 't been able to keep the lid on your sphincter when you stroll down 8th Avenue...
You would know, since you're laying in the gutter and it's landing on your head.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Your bowels are a gutter...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:38 pm

AugustWest wrote:fifer, there's no lid to keep on. unc has admitted academic fraud, admitted their asst head coach was a runner for an agent admitted they had numerous players accepting illegal benefits and admitted that at best their head coach had no idea what was going on. they believe they skate on this simply because they are unc and they refuse to believe that unc did anything wrong and that if they did they should get a pass because they're unc.
and if you complain about it auggie, to a unc fan, you are only angry with what unc did because you weren't smart enough to get into unc and had to settle for nc state
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:43 pm

AugustWest wrote:IB if you want to know how unc is going to get away with this look at the News and Observers coverage of this mess in their Saturday and Sunday editions.
could be worse auggie. you could have a gang of 88 professors at unc convicting their own lacrosse team of a rape that they didn't commit... and then NOT apologize for what they did after their slanderous allegations were proven false.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:59 pm

notice how no fan of the SEC gives a fuck about this

its like - unless somebody got kilt, mind your own dam bidness
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:04 pm

supposedly unc fans have been on auburns scout board giving them crap about cam newton. dont know if that's true.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:45 pm

http://www.the-a-line.com/2011/06/wheelies/

Fearing that some of us might not be laughing hard enough at his latest antics, Butch added a special treat this time around, declaring that while mistakes had been made, he was not aware of any of them and certainly was not responsible for them. Butch’s dead-on imitation of Sgt. Schultz ["I know nothing"] and his claims of being entirely too stupid to have known what was going on in his program induced peals of laughter around the ACC.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:48 pm

SEC fans are laughing because UNC was dumb enough to get caught. Fucking amateurs.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:26 am

Someone ban this bot.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.