Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Tree » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 pm

So let's see, socialized medicine Germany, 1500 Covid-19 deaths. Capitalized medicine USA, 10,000 deaths and climbing fast. Wonder what this all means?

Sighs as Crotch and Prof run off quickly to see how many deaths Venezuela has
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:41 pm

The average age of those infected is lower in Germany than in many other countries. Many of the early patients caught the virus in Austrian and Italian ski resorts and were relatively young and healthy, Professor Kräusslich said.

“It started as an epidemic of skiers,” he said.

As infections have spread, more older people have been hit and the death rate, only 0.2 percent two weeks ago, has risen, too. But the average age of contracting the disease remains relatively low, at 49. In France, it is 62.5 and in Italy 62, according to their latest national reports.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:25 am

US deaths (so far) from the corona virus: 9633
US population: about 330,000,000
So right now you have a
% 0.000101171171171 chance of dying of coronavirus. That will go up, but your chances of dying of it are extremely low.

Number of confirmed cases of the corona virus: 337,274
Number of deaths: 9633
So right now you have a % 0.028561347746936 chance of dying of coronavirus even if you test positive for it. And if you are under 65, and don’t have underlying health problems, that number gets close to zero.

Number of people who have lost their jobs from the corona virus (so far) 701,000
Number of people who have died (so far) from corona virus); 9633
For every person that has died of corona virus, 72.7706841067165 have lost their jobs. You are WAAAAAY more likely to lose your job from coronavirus than to catch it or die from it.

Just sayin’
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:43 am

Hope you catch it soon. Your posts are making my eyes bleed

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:43 am

"And if you are under 65, and don’t have underlying health problems, that number gets close to zero."

Thank god you are over 65. Just sayin'...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:45 am

"For every person that has died of corona virus, 72.7706841067165 have lost their jobs. You are WAAAAAY more likely to lose your job from coronavirus than to catch it or die from it."

I would much rather you die from CV (or anything else for that matter) than lose your job. Oh wait, you don't have a job, you live off a government pastor's pension. Congrats...

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:54 am

Ahhh, Mao and Stalin share their peaceful, tolerant, and inclusive thoughts. When it comes to expressing hatred for me, AA was much better. More creative and intelligent. You two are playing Salieri to his Mozart. Try harder. You’re embarrassing yourselves.
Tree wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 pm So let's see, socialized medicine Germany, 1500 Covid-19 deaths. Capitalized medicine USA, 10,000 deaths and climbing fast. Wonder what this all means?

Sighs as Crotch and Prof run off quickly to see how many deaths Venezuela has
Here’s what that means:
US population: 330,000,000.
Germany population: 83,783,946
Duh

If socialized medicine produces better death rates than private medicine, then let’s look at countries other than Germany with socialized. medicine. China has socialized medicine. Italy has socialized medicine. Spain has socialized medicine. France has socialized medicine. How are they doing with their death rates?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:28 am

We’re still doing this? Crimes against humanity? Please tell me i missed the satire.

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:40 am

Long overdue..

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:36 am

Prof, if I cared enough I would try harder. You bore my. That being said, I hope you die.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:22 pm

I tried finding, among other things, some pork ribs in Kroger's this morning and once again came up empty. I wore a homemade mask - no doubt Trump thinks I'm a pussy - but probably 80% of the shoppers had something going on face-wise. Some guy(?) had a ski toboggan on - with only the slit for the eyes - sunglasses, floppy hat, gloves...could have been 15 or 55 - no way to tell. Still no TP or hand sanitizer, but I've looted our office supply since I'm the only who doesn't work from home now.

Allstate, who we represent, just announced they're sending rebates to customers because people aren't driving (yeah, mmHmm). Some of our other insurers will no doubt follow suit. No word yet on how that'll impact commissions, but I suspect this crisis has implications no one could ever dream about.

My partner and I have no use for a SBA loan, but the CARE Act that reimburses our payroll for 8 weeks....thank you, Congress. Nancy and Moscow Mitch - well done.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:04 pm

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/noted-biolo ... -fox-news/

The malarial drug hydroxychloroquine has been touted, notably, by President Donald Trump in recent days. Perino — who has not herself promoted the drug — pointed out that “there are stories of people saying that they’ve had this Lazarus effect by using this drug,”

Haseltine replied, “That is nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense. And in any situation there are always going to be people who promote one kind of quack cure or another and there are Lazarus effects. In every epidemic I’ve ever looked at it’s always the case.”

“Let me just repeat: we know that at very best this drug will have a very mild effect on changing the course of the disease if it has any effect at all. That is what the data has shown so far and I’m convinced that that is what other studies will show,” Haseltine declared. “And it’s not without adverse consequence. It is irresponsible to promote this drug at this time… People don’t want to hear that, but it’s unfortunately the case. I wish we had more hope.”
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:31 pm

Luckily, Prof rushed out and bought a lot of hydroxychloroquine and hopefully will be taking it all soon...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:47 pm

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:52 pm

you should read the story about the bickering between Navarro and Fauci.

The bottom line is everyone involved in this wants the best but America just wasn't prepared for this, and any effort to believe that the president should have taken drastic action 70 days ago would have been with calls of him abusing his power, overreacting and being incompetent.

Here is what Dr. Fauci was saying January 21 - 'This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now'

10 days later Trump issued a restrictive travel ban on China

Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering"

Jan. 31 article in The New York Times quoted epidemiologist Dr. Michael Osterholm as saying that Trump's decision to restrict travel from China was "more of an emotional or political reaction."

Vox also tweeted on Jan. 31: "Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No." On Mar. 24, Vox deleted that tweet, writing that it "no longer reflects the current reality of the coronavirus story."

The Verge cautioned that Trump's policies "contradict advice from the World Health Organization (WHO), which said yesterday that countries should not restrict travel or trade in their response to the new virus." - the same WHO that is the pocket of China........

BuzzFeed News asserted that "barring foreign travelers from China, along with making U.S. citizens self-quarantine at home ... likely violated civil rights laws, without leading to any real lowered risk of a U.S. outbreak," citing "global health law expert" Lawrence Gostin of Georgetown University.

From Snopes.....

What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.
What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:53 pm

If Trumps says it, its irresponsible and criminal

If Cuomo says it, its leadership in a crisis

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals “at their discretion.” He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions."
--------

here is the difference.

If anyone gets Corona and is seriously ill with it, if offered, they are doing to take hydroxychloroquine, including everyone here.

that's the hypocrisy of all this, including that bitch who tweeted about the hague.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:25 pm

You mad Bro

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:48 pm

That hydroxy shit is worthless...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:49 pm

On February 5, the Times published an op-ed by global-tourism reporter Rosie Spinks under the headline, “Who Says It’s Not Safe to Travel to China?” The article, an argument against Trump’s restrictions on flights from China, took the point of view that the real problem with the virus was that it was promoting hate against Chinese people and hurting the travel industry.

The same intellectual reflex motivated politicians such as New York City mayor Bill de Blasio and his health commissioner, Oxiris Barbot, to spend February and part of March dismissing the pandemic. They urged New Yorkers to disregard any fears about the virus and attend the Chinese New Year celebrations and parade in New York’s Chinatown. House speaker Nancy Pelosi did the same thing while promoting the Chinese New Year festivities held in her native San Francisco’s Chinatown. In retrospect, such advocacy is hard to defend given the likelihood that the virus was already starting to spread. But at the time, the looming danger wasn’t yet clear, so the political needs of the moment took precedence.

Meanwhile, on January 31, the Washington Post published an op-ed by former Harvard professor David Ropeik that sought to dismiss fears about the impending pandemic as a figment of our collective imagination, mocking the notion of a “global health emergency.” A few days, later the Post ran another opinion piece by a pair of academics under the headline “Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus,” which claimed fears about the pandemic were merely an invitation to “harsh measures” that would “scapegoat marginalized populations.”

----------------

This morning, MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough claimed that, unlike the Trump administration, “Everybody saw this coming in early January.”

If Scarborough knew that a deadly, once-in-a-century pandemic was about to descend on the nation in early January — I assume he considers himself part of “everyone” — why on God’s earth didn’t he warn his susceptible viewers that they should begin social distancing? Why didn’t his producers book a single expert who could beseech his viewers to start wearing masks, to shutter their non-essential businesses, and to avoid church and sporting events? Why didn’t he mention coronavirus at all? Even in late January, nearly a full month after “everyone knew,” Scarborough’s show was dominated by the Donald Trump impeachment trial.

As far as I can tell, in the entire month of January, Morning Joe didn’t reference the coronavirus once to his 2.6 million followers on Twitter. Imagine the thousands of lives Scarborough could have saved if he had only shared his insight.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:50 pm

another variant

Cotton was one of the first politicians to raise the alarm about the seriousness of COVID-19 and the dishonesty of the Chinese government, as NRO’s John McCormack has pointed out. Cotton emphasized at the time that China was not being transparent about the virus and its origins. Cotton further noted that Wuhan, which was the main location for the first outbreak, had a biosafety Level 4 laboratory that specializes in researching coronaviruses. Cotton specifically said that “we don’t have evidence that the disease originated there, but because of China’s duplicity and dishonesty from the beginning, we need to at least ask the question to see what the evidence says.”

It’s hard to see anything controversial about what Cotton said, but the press quickly twisted it into an unrecognizable and conspiratorial claim that they then proceeded to debunk.

Media outlets overwhelmingly declared Cotton was spreading dangerous conspiracy theories. The Washington Post insisted, “Tom Cotton keeps repeating a coronavirus conspiracy theory that was already debunked.” The New York Times, the Daily Beast, and other outlets repeated the same framing. Countless other members of the media and prominent commentators accused Cotton of being irresponsible and spreading dangerous claims. In perhaps the most embarrassing display, CBS’s Face the Nation had the Chinese ambassador on and set him up to label Cotton’s suggestion “absolutely crazy”.

All those media outlets cited experts to declare that there was no evidence the virus was man-made or a bioweapon, which is a claim that Cotton never actually made. In almost every article, they cite Richard Ebright, a professor of chemical biology at Rutgers and one of the leading biosecurity experts in the world, to dismiss the possibility that the virus was a bioweapon. They do not address Cotton’s actual claim. That’s because Enright has repeatedly acknowledged, and recently reconfirmed, that it is a very real possibility that the COVID-19 spread began at the Wuhan lab. The very same expert they were using to “debunk” Cotton’s question and smear him as a conspiracy theorist actually agreed that it was legitimate. There are plenty of reasons to ask the question and demand transparency from China’s government given its dishonesty, the history of similar viruses escaping from Chinese labs, and the specific research focus of that particular lab.

Now the Washington Post has published another piece acknowledging that “scientists don’t rule out that an accident at a research laboratory in Wuhan might have spread a deadly bat virus that had been collected for scientific study.” In other words, they are now publishing the very claim that they insisted was a debunked conspiracy theory a month and a half ago. None of the previous articles attacking Cotton have been retracted.