hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:36 pm

"Imagine if Alex Jones did that with Obama."

He pretty much did, along with at least half a dozen others I can think of, for the entire 8 years Obama was in office. Talk about snowflakes, somebody puts on some half ass play in which Trump is assassinated, and guess who starts whining like pussies? Ironically enough, I'm sure Trump is loving all this. Anything for ratings...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:55 pm

10ac wrote:Fire him. He will be investigated by a group of enemies, leaking and distorting anything they can find. They will expand the investigation and keep investigating until Trump's out of office.
You were thinking about Bill Clinton, right? Where you had a special counsel picked to investigate Whitewater, who drew blanks there but found success with a cum-stained dress. So it's a legitimate worry for the tards no doubt - an investigation with no boundaries. Excellent point, 10ac.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:17 pm

eCat wrote:
Cletus wrote:I think most would agree that Julius Caesar is high art. I guess the catch is that most Trump people, including Trump himself, have never heard of it.
yea don't even try that
People who support Trump have forfeited any benefit of the doubt. The default position is mouth breathing moron.

I have not seen the play so I have no idea of the quality. But, there is a long standing tradition of taking classics and adapting them to the day and age. Given that Trump is a despot who deserves to be murdered, this seems like a sensible interpretation of the source material.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Cletus wrote:
eCat wrote:
Cletus wrote:I think most would agree that Julius Caesar is high art. I guess the catch is that most Trump people, including Trump himself, have never heard of it.
yea don't even try that
People who support Trump have forfeited any benefit of the doubt. The default position is mouth breathing moron.

I have not seen the play so I have no idea of the quality. But, there is a long standing tradition of taking classics and adapting them to the day and age. Given that Trump is a despot who deserves to be murdered, this seems like a sensible interpretation of the source material.

that attitude by liberal and elitist is the reason why Trump got elected to begin with. They dogged the people living in flyover states thinking they were irrelevant. They didn't care if a coal miner in West Virginia was suffering because solar was going to save us all, they believe people who have a problem with transgender bathrooms are homophobic and have no justification in their beliefs, especially if its based on religious dogma and they tell people who are against globalization and mass immigration they are embarrassed to share the country with xenophobes.

Don't blame the people that voted for Trump for getting Trump. Look in the mirror. Stop telling people what they should believe and start listening instead.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:11 am

Amen.

And Trump's support in middle America is still strong:
Would Trump Voters Choose Him Again?

The 2016 election made clear how little the average voter in the Midwest has in common with the average journalist on either coast. But your humble correspondent is struck by how much the Trump analysis offered by small-town Midwesterners squares with the view of Trump voters who live and work in Manhattan. Yes, there are a few, and just like the much larger population of Trump voters in Middle America, they understand his faults but tend to appreciate his goal of American revival.

Meanwhile back in Ohio, Mr. Abernathy finds that constant negative coverage of Mr. Trump in the national media is still not having the intended effect, and may even be backfiring
:

As always, voters say the economy is their top concern, so their preferences on this issue have particular political importance. Among the more negative of the approval surveys included in the RealClear average is the recent Reuters/Ipsos poll, which found that a full 58% of survey respondents disapprove of Mr. Trump’s handling of the job of President, compared to just 38% who approve. Yet in the same survey, which has a sample population that skews Democratic, Mr. Trump gets a 47% approval rating on the issue of employment and jobs, versus 46% who disapprove. Whatever they think of the messenger, a lot of Americans like the message of U.S. economic resurgence.

While Trump carried Highland County heavily, there are people here who did not vote for him and who do not care for him. But overall, despite the avalanche of negative news stories, Trump’s support remains firm. Hillsboro’s mayor mentioned recently that he has noticed Trump yard signs popping up again, either in a show of support or a sign of defiance.

What will it mean for elections in 2018 and 2020? When it comes to appraising Mr. Trump’s personality or his tweeting or the way he conducts a meeting, voters might choose to agree with Democrats--and still vote against them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/would-trum ... 1497301080
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:08 am

Trump has strong support in the Midwest and the Middle East. Perhaps the twain shall meet after all...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:28 am

and a man opens fire on a GOP softball game/practice. He asked if they were GOP or Democrats before he started shooting according to the report I read
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 am

Maybe now those gutless republicans will start listening to the people thanks to this hero.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 am

Before the news of the shooting, I was thinking how volatile things could get in this country. Here you have the people electing a conservative congress, a conservative senate, and a conservative President, and yet there are institutional forces fighting against the will of the constituents. This massacre may not be political at all and just a crazy, but I'm thinking it's time to arm up.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:14 am

50-60 rounds fired and no reports of fatalities - will be a miracle if that holds. Prayers for the wounded.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:00 am

also that fire in London

27 stories, no alarm, no working sprinklers and I've read the only stairwell was blocked.

Holy hell - that's beyond criminal if true

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:01 am

aTm wrote:Maybe now those gutless republicans will start listening to the people thanks to this hero.
Given that Trump is a despot who deserves to be murdered.......

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:23 am

Drebin, I don't want anymore trouble like you had last year on the South Side. Understand? That's my policy.

Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's *my* policy.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:27 am

aTm wrote:Drebin, I don't want anymore trouble like you had last year on the South Side. Understand? That's my policy.

Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's *my* policy.
police squad kind of fits the Trump administration really well

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 am

sardis wrote:Before the news of the shooting, I was thinking how volatile things could get in this country. Here you have the people electing a conservative congress, a conservative senate, and a conservative President, and yet there are institutional forces fighting against the will of the constituents. This massacre may not be political at all and just a crazy, but I'm thinking it's time to arm up.
heh You left out SCOTUS.

Seriously, you admit to controlling all areas of the gubmint yet you want to 'arm up' against somebody or some institution? Who you mad at, bro? Did some hippie snowflake knock over your trash can?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:58 am

Cletus wrote:Given that Trump is a despot who deserves to be murdered, this seems like a sensible interpretation of the source material.
Sounds like somebody in Alexandria VA had the same idea you did, Cletus.

Check all that apply:

☐ The shooting was just performance art, a sensible interpretation of the last scene in Macbeth.
☐ It was caused by a youtube video.
☐ The victims were Republican congressmen, and therefore Trump supporters, so they got what they deserved.
☐ We're waiting to find out which chapter of the Tea Party the shooter belongs to.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm a 2A advocate and I'm comfortable around gun nuts.

Nuts with guns, otoh...not so much. Trump repealed the law whereby the Social Security Administration notified the NICS about people with serious mental illnesses in order to put more scrutiny on their gun purchases, a bill introduced by Bush 43 in the wake of the VA Tech massacre.. Trump and the GOP did the NRA's bidding, calling those impediments to crazies "a gun grab." Same with the companion law oprama put into effect whereby people taking disability for mental illness got challenged - repealed.

Predictably, Trump used to rail against mentally ill people owning guns.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Looks like tick has come to the logical conclusion that Trump is the cause of the shootings...We need a special prosecutor.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:00 pm

The shooter was a Bernie supporter and volunteer. Now that we know there was collusion between Bernie and Hodgkinson, we need to know how Bernie gave him marksmanship training, provided the weapon and ammunition, and leaked the time and location of that Republican congressmen baseball practice. It's all right there, hiding in plain sight. Someone has a story to tell. All it takes is one of co-conspirators in the Bernie-Hodgekinson cabal to flip, and the rest will soon follow.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:48 pm

sardis wrote:Looks like tick has come to the logical conclusion that Trump is the cause of the shootings...We need a special prosecutor.
Nah. I'm just bracing for a tweet about guns in the hands of dangerous people. You gotta figure he's had time to forget his latest gun bills.