Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:31 am

I remember being told the lakes were down noticeably a few years ago but that it wasn't a big deal because they were so deep

now I read this....

Lake Erie's water levels are the highest they've been since 1998, and will remain 4 to 9 inches above normal through November.

The latest reading measured just 7.32 inches below the all-time record high set in 1986. Within the next week, the level could increase to just 6 inches below that record.

The high water is due to the recent heavy rain and months of snow melt surging into the lake. In May, Lake Erie received 150 percent of its typical rainfall, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. Some locals have complained about the rising tides along beaches and piers, but no physical damage has been reported along the Erie coastline.

The rest of the Great Lakes are also higher than normal

-----------

I'd really like to see Lake Mead do that but a lake in the desert probably doesn't have much chance.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Tomi Lahren > Megyn Kelly

Both suffice, though...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Remember 10 years ago Al Gore said Mt. Kilamajaro (sic) would have ZERO snow on it.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:14 pm

lake Mead will need to rise about 130 feet to be full.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Dave23 wrote:Tomi Lahren > Megyn Kelly
My sandwich is older than Tomi Lahren.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Here are some major ancient cities that are now underwater:

https://www.newscientist.com/round-up/d ... -the-deep/

Was AGW the cause of their submersion?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 pm

supposedly I just read a transcript of what Comey intends to say tomorrow - or at least comment on

I'm sure Democrats will jump at the "Flynn is a good guy, he just misled the vice president, I hope you can let this go" but that's the extent of it

And the conversation didn't happen over dinner, it happened in the oval office.

What happened over dinner was Trump saying he expected loyalty, "honest loyalty" from his people including the director of the FBI

If this is what the Dems are hanging their hat on , I think they are going to be disappointed.

and lets go back to CNN's quality reporting

-----------------------------
Trump has made a blanket claim that Comey told him multiple times that he was not under investigation."

"But one source said Comey is expected to explain to senators that those were much more nuanced conversations from which Trump concluded that he was not under investigation. Another source hinted that the President may have misunderstood the exact meaning of Comey's words, especially regarding the FBI's ongoing counterintelligence investigation."

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:10 pm

I miss George Bush...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:51 pm

The Left hated Bush with the fire of a thousand suns. No backsies.
If this is what the Dems are hanging their hat on , I think they are going to be disappointed.
Correct. I feel a major S,ITYS coming on.
alt-hedge wrote:I wish somebody would hang you
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:32 am

Trump's "I am vindicated" msg yesterday was also him signing off on Comey's statement.

First off: So much for Trump's bald-face denials about interceding on behalf of Flynn.

Strong-arming the FBI director for loyalty and getting resistance, plus no cooperation regarding Flynn = Flynn's firing. Nixon was going to be impeached for seeking 3rd party influence into FBI and CIA Watergate investigations..whereas Trump went directly to the source to do same.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:06 am

This video reminds me of when every idiot thought that Rick Perry would get convicted for using his veto power to cut funding when it was perfectly within his office to do so and based on "coercing of a public official" type law because he said someone should resign. Also Im not sure that one dude even knows what the word "hypothetical" means.

[youtube]KvccxO6e5Dw[/youtube]
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:53 am

bluetick wrote:Trump's "I am vindicated" msg yesterday was also him signing off on Comey's statement.

First off: So much for Trump's bald-face denials about interceding on behalf of Flynn.

Strong-arming the FBI director for loyalty and getting resistance, plus no cooperation regarding Flynn = Flynn's firing. Nixon was going to be impeached for seeking 3rd party influence into FBI and CIA Watergate investigations..whereas Trump went directly to the source to do same.

Nixon was going to be impeached for his refusal to turn over recordings instead of just providing transcripts, one of which was had information about the cover up

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:26 am

and this happened

------------
CNN has corrected a Tuesday report after the release of former FBI Director James Comey's opening statement for his Thursday testimony in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee contradicted the reports' sources.

The CNN report said Comey was expected to dispute President Trump's claims that Comey said he was not under investigation on multiple occasions.

The report, titled “Comey expected to refute Trump," was based on unnamed sources and said Comey's conversations with the president "were much more nuanced," and that Trump drew the wrong conclusion.

The story was complied by four CNN journalists, including Gloria Borger, Eric Lichtblau, Jake Tapper and Brian Rokus.

Borger reiterated the reports claims in an appearance on CNN Tuesday.

“Comey is going to dispute the president on this point if he’s asked about it by senators, and we have to assume that he will be," said Borger, the network's chief political analyst. "He will say he never assured Donald Trump that he was not under investigation, that that would have been improper for him to do so.”

CNN published a correction to its story Wednesday afternoon with the revised headline: "Comey unlikely to judge on obstruction.”
----------

Now read this by one of their "editors at large"

"NUCLEAR"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/07/politics/ ... index.html

CNN is a joke

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 am

eCat wrote:
bluetick wrote:Trump's "I am vindicated" msg yesterday was also him signing off on Comey's statement.

Nixon was going to be impeached for his refusal to turn over recordings instead of just providing transcripts, one of which was had information about the cover up
Article Two #2 dealt with Nixon's misuse of federal agencies for nefarious means wrt Watergate, Article Two #5 dealt with Nixon's attempts to stifle those facts:

In disregard of the rule of law, he knowingly misused the executive power by interfering with agencies of the executive branch, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Criminal Division, and the Office of Watergate Special Prosecution Force, of the Department of Justice, and the Central Intelligence Agency, in violation of his duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 am

bluetick wrote:
eCat wrote:

Article Two #2 dealt with Nixon's misuse of federal agencies for nefarious means wrt Watergate, Article Two #5 dealt with Nixon's attempts to stifle those facts:

In disregard of the rule of law, he knowingly misused the executive power by interfering with agencies of the executive branch, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Criminal Division, and the Office of Watergate Special Prosecution Force, of the Department of Justice, and the Central Intelligence Agency, in violation of his duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed.
by doing what? there were 4 other abuses that were specifically laid out - such as using the FBI and the IRS to go after people. Certainly that had more to do with his impeachment that any "interfering" which I can't find any specific examples other than firing a prosecutor and not handing over evidence in a timely manner, and/or destroying evidence

like I said before, if this is all the democrats have to hang their hat on, its going to be a bad day for them. They jumped the shark with their Nazi and Nixon comparisons.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:43 am

like I said before, if this is all the democrats have to hang their hat on, its going to be a bad day for them.
[youtube]x9heJMbz_kk[/youtube]

S,ITYS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:23 pm

this stands out

---------------

Risch noted that after the report came out, Comey “sought out both Republican and Democrat senators to tell them that, hey, I don’t know where this is coming from, but this is not factual.”

Risch told Comey: “So the American people can understand this, that report by the New York Times was not true. Is that a fair statement?”

“In the main – it was not true,” Comey said. “The challenge -- and I’m not picking on reporters -- about writing stories about classified information is that people talking about it often don’t really know what is going on. And those of us who actually know what’s going on aren’t talking about it. And we don’t call the press to say, hey, you got that thing wrong about this sensitive topic. We just have to leave it there.”
-----------

the challenge of quoting reporters who have an axe to grind against the sitting president. Its pretty well established they have little if any integrity when it comes to running with a story they think might damage his presidency.

-------

and Comey admits to leaking his memo.

when the head of the FBI is leaking to the press (via proxy) then why should anyone in Washington show any restraint?

Trump needs to go scorched earth.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:42 pm

eCat wrote:

when the head of the FBI is leaking to the press (via proxy) then why should anyone in Washington show any restraint?

Incorrect. Comey leaked his memo as an un-employed private citizen.

Trump can (and will) do whatever he likes, but he got bad advice wrt to his decision to fire Comey. If Comey is still on the job, today's historic extravaganza doesn't occur and Robert Mueller isn't the Special Counsel. Eos.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:45 pm

bluetick wrote:
eCat wrote:

Incorrect. Comey leaked his memo as an un-employed private citizen.

Trump can (and will) do whatever he likes, but he got bad advice wrt to his decision to fire Comey. If Comey is still on the job, today's historic extravaganza doesn't occur and Robert Mueller isn't the Special Counsel. Eos.

not its not incorrect - he's still a representative and its a horseshit move.

good to know what we all suspected was true however - and that Lynch pressured Comey to change the narrative on the Hillary investigation to protect her presidential run.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:32 pm

eCat wrote:
not its not incorrect - he's still a representative and its a horseshit move.
Jesus, you said he leaked as FBI Director and HE WAS NOT FBI DIRECTOR. Do you know wtf incorrect means? It's not a "yeah, but" proposition.