BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by BigRedMan » Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 pm

LMAO at the Stone Cold at the end.

When you hear the glass...it's your ass!!!
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by DooKSucks » Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 pm

"I'm gonna walk right into the Smack Down Hotel, check into room 3:16, and burn the son of a bitch to the ground!"
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AugustWest » Wed May 04, 2011 5:06 pm

http://charlespaugh.com/tag/rakheem-jamal-bolton/

Facebook Supports School Officials Who Condoned Rape of Local Texas Cheerleader
Rapist Rakheem Jamal Bolton

Rakheem Jamal Bolton raped a fellow high school classmate from Silsbee High School in Texas and received a slap on the wrist by local judiciary due to his athletic status. Photo courtesy of KFDM.
Stories of small Texas towns ignoring the illegal activity of star athletes is nothing new, however the town of Silsbee has gone as far as to ignore the rape of a local high school cheerleader because jailing the assailant would hurt the team.

Silsbee High School athletic star Rakheem Jamal Bolton raped a 16-year-old female cheerleader from his high school at party in October 2008 along with a friend Christian Paul Rountree. Pending trial, the rapist was ALLOWED BACK TO SCHOOL by the court and the school district so he could continue with the school’s athletic program. During this time period, while playing basketball for the school, the victim refused to cheer for him during his free-throw shots. This angered local school superintendent Richard Bain, Jr. who ordered Principal Eldon Franco to kick the victim off the cheer squad for embarassing the school district by refusing to cheer for her rapist. It should also be noted that the town of Silsbee is so indifferent to the rape, Richard Bain is still permitted to sit on the board of directors for the Silsbee Chamber of Commerce.

In the mean time, the local prosecutor (David Barlow) and judge (Joe Bob Golden), both athletic supporters of Silsbee High School, agreeed to a plea deal whereby charges would be dropped from a felony to a misdemeaner and no jail time would be served. Judge Joe Bob Golden sentenced Bolton to one year in the Hardin County Jail, but the judge suspended the sentence and placed Bolton on probation for two years. The judge also assessed a fine of $2,500, 150 hours of community service, and ordered Bolton to attend anger management classes. While Bolton will have the conviction of assault on his record, he will never have to register as a sex offender and will be entitled to change his name to hide his identity as a rapist.

When asked about his sentenced, Bolton said, “Yes, I do feel like it was fair. Very fair.” Bolton says he wants to move on with his life and get back to the sport he loves. “College, play football,” said Bolton. “Everything else I wanted to do, I can finally do it now.” Special prosecutor David Barlow said, “I think it’s a fair resolution. The State is happy he has come forward and admitted his guilt.” [Reported by KFDM News]

As for the victim, she and her family sued Silsbee High School for removing her from the cheer squad for refusing to cheer for her rapist, however a small town Texas appeals court judge dismissed the case, saying, “In her capacity as cheerleader, [she] served as a mouthpiece through which the school could disseminate speech–namely, support for its athletic teams.” Not cheering for Bolton “constituted substantial interference with the work of the school because, as a cheerleader, [she] was at the basketball game for the purpose of cheering, a position she undertook voluntarily.” In other words, the “work of the school” is basketball, and H.S. was obligated to put on a robotic smile and cheer for the man who had assaulted her.

Rape supporter Richard Bain Jr

Richard Bain, Jr., the Silsbee TX school superintendent who ordered a raped cheerleader off the cheer squad for refusing to cheer for her rapist. He still maintains his job, and sits on the Board of Directors for the Silsbee Chamber of Commerce. Photo courtesy of Silsbee Chamber of Commerce.
Numerous stories of this obscene miscarriage of justice in Texas by school officials, local prosecutors and judges have hit the internet, however none of the major news organizations have yet to carry the story. Both school district Superintendent Bain and high school Principal Franco maintain Facebook pages at this time. The rapist, in violation of Facebook Terms of Service, also has an active profile as of this posting: Rakheem Bolton. However, Facebook is sending out “harassment warnings” to ANYONE who messages any of them via Facebook to express outrage. Apparently, the “strong stand” against sexual predators and those who support them is no longer a priority at the social networking giant.

“You have been sending harassing messages to other users. This is a violation of Facebook’s Terms of Use. Among other things, messages that are hateful, threatening, or obscene are not allowed. Continued misuse of Facebook’s features could result in your account being disabled.” – Facebook Customer Service.

The rapist, Rakheem Jamal Bolton, has moved on with his life, and he now resides in Miami, FL with a wife. His Facebook bio reads:

My name is Rakheem aka roc but my girl calls me daddy. in my spare time i like to chill wit my fat mama adriane…i love sports im a genius in football some may call it a master mind…well anything else yu wanna know yu can ask my adriane cause she knows more than me lol…

Unfortunately, his victim cannot move-on with her life as easily, and she will forever be haunted by the rape she received at his hands as well as being raped in conspiracy by Prosecutor David Barlow, Judge Joe Bob Golden, School Superintendent Richard Bain, Jr., and Principal Eldon Franco. Gentlemen, the world will not forget your names, and we will be there to remind everyone of YOUR crime against this girl for the rest of your political careers.

You can read more about this story at the following locations:

* KFDM news story on the rape and trial.
* Ms. Magazine coverage of the victim’s lawsuit.
* Change.org petition demanding apology from Silsbee school officials.
* Myspace page for Rakheem Jamal Bolton
* Facebook page for Rakheem Jamal Bolton
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Wed May 04, 2011 8:30 pm

sounds something like islamic dhminitude doesn't it?

sharia rules!

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Interesting article,

Post by Bklyn » Thu May 05, 2011 11:08 am

considering the time that has passed. It's a difficult situation to digest. While I think rapists are horrible pieces of shit, I always move in a cautious manner when dropping the label on someone accused of such action.

So, I hopped through the links a bit to see if I could see the particulars of the allegation. It seems that the guy claimed his innocence, the girl was adamant about the assault, underaged drinking was involved (as well as another football player) and he accepted a plea of misdemeanor assault because of no jail time and no sex-offender registration (which makes me continue to question whether to label him a rapist). In the years since the plea, the dude moved to Florida and got married, with no further incidents.

All in, I don't know if I think this is some cut-and-dry case of a dude slipping through the grasp of justice that warrants any continued media attention. And I understand why it would never get play on a national stage (but continue to be remembered and clamored about in some small Southern town).
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 05, 2011 4:53 pm

[youtube]MxVdU2eVYSg[/youtube]
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu May 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Bkln, you do think the kid would have gotten off so lightly if he wasnt a star athlete?

plus the fact that the victim was kicked off the cheerleading squad for not cheering for the guy, lost a lawsuit, and now has to pay for all court cost sure seems like she got the raw del in this.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 05, 2011 5:57 pm

hedge wrote:[youtube]MxVdU2eVYSg[/youtube]

I thought eCat was in Vegas?

Bklyn
All-American

Auggie

Post by Bklyn » Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Bkln, you do think the kid would have gotten off so lightly if he wasnt a star athlete?
That was sort of my point. It's hard for me to say without being able to really understand the specifics of the allegation. It very well may have been a situation where they were all drunk, he has his witnesses, she had hers and the DA decided that rather than risking a trial, he would offer a plea to help his W/L record and still get the kid processed "in the system" (which does have its value, from the law enforcement perspective). It happens.

Or, it could've been that a star athlete got a lot of love from an adoring small town and the victim got the shaft (excuse the horrible pun). It happens.

The thing is, I can easily believe either one of those scenarios without knowing more about the particulars.
plus the fact that the victim was kicked off the cheerleading squad for not cheering for the guy, lost a lawsuit, and now has to pay for all court cost sure seems like she got the raw del in this.
I agree with that. But that ruling is separate from the rape trial (from a legal perspective)...although there is a causal relationship, in some respects.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu May 05, 2011 8:29 pm

you've got to be kidding! So much for small government.

anybody consider costs with this?

Texas Legislature passes sonogram requirement

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7552437.html

AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Legislature passed a bill Thursday that would require doctors to perform a sonogram before conducting an abortion.

Gov. Rick Perry had declared the bill to be emergency legislation, and it now awaits his signature. The proposed law requires doctors to conduct a sonogram at least 24 hours before an abortion and to provide the woman with the opportunity to see the results and hear the fetal heartbeat. The doctor is also required to describe what the sonogram shows, to include the existence of legs, arms and internal organs.

Proponents said the law is necessary to make sure women understand what an abortion entails. Opponents say the measure would interfere in the doctor-patient relationship.

"This will be one of the strongest pieces of sonogram legislation in the nation," said state Rep. Sid Miller, R-Stephenville, the bill's author. "House Bill 15 will protect human life, the lives of the unborn victims of abortion, as well as those facing life-changing decisions. ... This legislation will save numerous unborn lives."

Only three other states require a sonogram for all women seeking an abortion.

The Texas Medical Association opposed the bill because it dictates when a doctor must perform a procedure, and how the doctor must deal with his or her patient. While a pre-abortion sonogram is routine, it is not considered a medical necessity.

An exception to the waiting period was made for medical emergencies, or for women who live more than 100 miles from the nearest abortion provider. In cases of incest, rape or fetal abnormality, the woman does not have to hear a description of the fetus.

The bill passed both the House and the Senate with a two-thirds majority, meaning the law will go into effect immediately after the governor signs it. The vote on Thursday to concur with changes made in the Senate was 96-48, with three Democrats voting for the bill, and four Republicans voting against.

State Sen. Dan Patrick, who sponsored the Senate bill, said he expected the bill to reduce the number of abortions in Texas.

"We believe that if one out of five women after seeing the sonogram, hearing the explanation or hearing the heartbeat, change their mind, that's 15,000 lives that can be saved," said Patrick, a Houston Republican.

In the final debate on the bill Monday, Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, said the bill was clearly designed to interfere with women exercising their legal rights.

"The purpose of the bill is to traumatize women who are seeking an abortion," she said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American

I don't even know

Post by Bklyn » Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 pm

how it is enforceable. Is a witness required to be in the room when the sonogram is performed? If not, then it becomes a he said, she said between the doctor and patient. Even if a woman tries to sue later for having an abortion performed without being presented with photos or heartbeat graphs, how can she prove it? On whom does the burden of proof fall?

Also, what is the penalty on the doctor for non-compliance?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu May 05, 2011 9:19 pm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri May 06, 2011 12:01 am

hedge wrote:[youtube]MxVdU2eVYSg[/youtube]
That guy's brother is an attorney in a firm where one of my classmates works now. I'm sure his brother must be proud of that video...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Fifer
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Fifer » Fri May 06, 2011 5:38 am

That should give you a good idea of the average IQ in North Carolina

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Fri May 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Fifer wrote:That should give you a good idea of the average IQ in North Carolina
seeing as how he managed to film his little tribute to the good ol' US of A w/out shooting his fool self in the foot, i'd say he could make a good case for being above the north carolina average

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 06, 2011 5:44 pm

"That guy's brother is an attorney in a firm where one of my classmates works now. I'm sure his brother must be proud of that video..."

Imagine that

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat May 07, 2011 6:41 pm

[youtube]ze_pG6Q62HA[/youtube]

I can't believe this hasn't been talked about more
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat May 07, 2011 6:50 pm

and fwiw, I'm still staunchly against America using enhanced torture techniques.

The guy that gave up the name of Obama's courier was waterboarded 183 times before he gave the right info and had been giving them misleading information for months if not years.

America does not torture.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Oh yes we do. And it seems to work.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy