innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:13 am

hedge wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:27 pm
no one wants a civil war

but it might be a good idea to bust up the states a bit. I mean, why try and fix this when both sides feel only their way is right? We can't live like this. There are no centrist positions here. have one country where you can get abortion on demand, all migrants the world over are welcome (no borders enforced), where children can whack off their own penises, divorce on demand, genders studies lesbian students can get their student loans forgiven by the simp men who do all the work and pay all the taxes, and all the genders you want. I'll go live in the other country that has a border wall where all this other foolishness is criminalized. Let the people decide where they want to live
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:09 am

Why not just move to North Korea and be done with it?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:59 am

Problem with that, IB, is the rightie states would have to lock down their borders like East Germany or all the poor and downtrodden would leave for the lib states where they are treated a bit better. Guess how well your new country would work with no peons to exploit…
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:13 pm

Tree wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:59 am Problem with that, IB, is the rightie states would have to lock down their borders like East Germany or all the poor and downtrodden would leave for the lib states where they are treated a bit better. Guess how well your new country would work with no peons to exploit…
peons only take from government. they don't work. those that do not work, are never exploited. please, leave my country so I no longer have to support you
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:43 pm

This is why making money = speech is a bad thing.
Butt juice

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:22 pm

Texas A&M suspended professor accused of criticizing Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick in lecture

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/educa ... fc1d879b93

“… Less than two hours after the lecture ended, Patrick’s chief of staff had sent Sharp a link to Alonzo’s professional bio.

Shortly after, Sharp sent a text directly to the lieutenant governor: “Joy Alonzo has been placed on administrative leave pending investigation re firing her. shud [sic] be finished by end of week.”

… In an email obtained by The Texas Tribune through a public records request, Alonzo told Self the investigation had been kicked off by a student “who has ties to Texas A&M Leadership.”

The Texas A&M system confirmed the series of phone calls and text messages that led to Alonzo’s investigation was kicked off by Texas Land Commissioner Dawn Buckingham, a graduate of UTMB’s medical school. The Tribune confirmed her daughter, a first-year medical student at the time, attended Alonzo’s lecture. Buckingham served six years in the Texas Senate with Patrick, who endorsed her run for land commissioner last year, and she recently attended Sharp’s wedding in May.
Buckingham declined to comment.

A few hours after Texas A&M started looking into the complaint, course leaders at UTMB sent an email to students in the class saying Alonzo’s comments “about Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick and his role in the opioid crisis” did not represent the opinion of the university.

… Neither UTMB nor Texas A&M would confirm what Alonzo said that prompted such a reaction, and UTMB students interviewed by the Tribune recalled a vague reference to Patrick’s office but nothing specific. …”

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:41 pm

what is Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick's role in the opioid crisis? Seems to me the crisis can be blamed on
  • illegal aliens trafficking fentanyl across an unsecured border
  • medical doctors over prescribing
  • pharmacies giving too large of refills
  • addicts being addicted
  • and the rest of us (including the Lieutenant Governor) turning our back on this and ignoring it because our mom/grandma/useless-unemployed-lowIQ-cousin-Vinny is now addicted to OxyContin?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:34 am

You left out drug laws...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:28 am

Texas A&M professor goes to speak at UTMB and makes some comments about politician Dan Patrick. Presumably politician and/or sycophants get upset and gets involved. The University of Texas censures the A&M professor. Texas A&M now has to suspend and investigate why another University is censuring their employee and state officials are riled up.. Texas A&M finds no violations and reinstates the professor.

Texas Tribune: “ZOMG Texas A&M are nazis, they investigated that professor!”
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:00 am

hedge wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:34 am You left out drug laws...
fair enough hedge. probably left out a bunch of stuff

a Lt Gov is powerless. they don't sign any legislation into state law. i can't imagine that there is anything that a professor could say about the Lt at Texas A&M that would be worthy of any consequences.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:12 am

In Texas the Lt Governor is powerful and has a significant legislative role due to the influence they are given over the State Senate. In federal terms it would be like if the Vice President were elected separately from the President and then wielded not only the very limited powers of the Vice President, but also was basically the Senate majority leader, and deciding what bills reach the Senate floor, who is on committees, chairing all the meetings, etc.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:27 am

Fuck Texas. Give it back.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:32 pm

"a Lt Gov is powerless."

"In Texas the Lt Governor is powerful and has a significant legislative role due to the influence they are given over the State Senate."

Why did you lie, IB?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:35 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:12 am In Texas the Lt Governor is powerful and has a significant legislative role due to the influence they are given over the State Senate. In federal terms it would be like if the Vice President were elected separately from the President and then wielded not only the very limited powers of the Vice President, but also was basically the Senate majority leader, and deciding what bills reach the Senate floor, who is on committees, chairing all the meetings, etc.
interesting. Good to know.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:38 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:28 am Texas A&M are nazis
They certainly look like it in their brown shirts...

Last edited by DooKSucks on Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:45 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:12 am In Texas the Lt Governor is powerful and has a significant legislative role due to the influence they are given over the State Senate. In federal terms it would be like if the Vice President were elected separately from the President and then wielded not only the very limited powers of the Vice President, but also was basically the Senate majority leader, and deciding what bills reach the Senate floor, who is on committees, chairing all the meetings, etc.
NC was the same way but in the 70's and 80's the power was stripped away. First, the old powers in the state senate chafed at a young buck Jim Hunt being elected Lt. Gov. in '72 and stripped away some of the powers, and then when that dipshit Jim Gardner was elected as the first post-reconstruction Republican Lt. Gov. in 1988, the state senate stripped all powers not provided for in the state constitution, which essentially limited the Lt. Gov.'s legislative position to that or presiding over sessions in the main chamber and cast tie-breaking votes.

Mark Robinson is a complete and total buffoon and dipshit. It's embarrassing enough that fat tub of shit won an election, but thankfully his power is limited.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:29 pm

Burn it

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:43 pm

IB when he sees a naked female

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:51 pm

Damn, Mitch don't look too good there. Slow-mo stroke...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:49 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:51 pm Damn, Mitch don't look too good there. Slow-mo stroke...
Mitch goes when Feinstein, Pelosi, and Biden go. Seems fair. Consistent.