Wounded

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:49 pm

If you're going to criticize somebody for using "outdated" trolling terms like "mewling," you'd probably get your point across better if you didn't use terms like "mofo" and "dribble" yourself, though I'll admit that "clueless jackass" is timeless...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:42 pm

My bad on dribble. Not sure how that one got in there...
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:55 pm

1661381677075.jpg
1661381677075.jpg (210.47 KiB) Viewed 197 times

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:01 am

while its completely wrong, forgiving $10K in student debt against a federally backed loan of 6-8% using means based criteria isn't going to change anything, its only really a token attempt to meet a campaign promise. I'm fine with it as the government probably profits more than $10K in 36 months against 90% of all current student loans.

that said, if I were in charge I'd implement 3 policies effective immediately

1. all students taking out a student loan must attend a mandatory education session on understanding the impact of long term student debt, predatory lending and basic post college finances including averaging starting salaries and cost of living budgeting. This would be provided by the college at their cost and must meet federal guidelines.

2. all student loans should be capped at no more than 2% interest and students graduating with a STEM degree should be 0%.

3. student loan totals should be capped at no more than 70% of the national average for tuition at public schools, and no secondary or parental loans are allowed to go toward college education. Colleges would be required to provide students , during the mandatory finance class, the total cost of their education , the difference that student loan funding would not cover and discuss if their current income earning potential would be able to cover those costs. Collegse should be prepared to tell 20-30% of all students applying that financially they are not prepared to pay for their college education due to the burden of loans and should decline their acceptance until they can show an improved earning stream or have significant savings.

if students are saying they are too stupid to understand how loans work and can't repay them after college, then we need to have a system that limits their ability to get a loan.
Colleges need to have more responsibility in educating and helping students make fiscally good decisions in regards to their education while at the same time recognizing the current approach of tuition increases outpacing inflation by a wide margin is no longer sustainable for a growth model.

We have to accept that not every American student who has the educational merits qualifying them as such is financially capable of going to college, at least not immediately out of high school
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:22 am

California's attempt to stem the exodus

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:19 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:01 am while its completely wrong, forgiving $10K in student debt against a federally backed loan of 6-8% using means based criteria isn't going to change anything, its only really a token attempt to meet a campaign promise. I'm fine with it as the government probably profits more than $10K in 36 months against 90% of all current student loans.

that said, if I were in charge I'd implement 3 policies effective immediately

1. all students taking out a student loan must attend a mandatory education session on understanding the impact of long term student debt, predatory lending and basic post college finances including averaging starting salaries and cost of living budgeting. This would be provided by the college at their cost and must meet federal guidelines.

2. all student loans should be capped at no more than 2% interest and students graduating with a STEM degree should be 0%.

3. student loan totals should be capped at no more than 70% of the national average for tuition at public schools, and no secondary or parental loans are allowed to go toward college education. Colleges would be required to provide students , during the mandatory finance class, the total cost of their education , the difference that student loan funding would not cover and discuss if their current income earning potential would be able to cover those costs. Collegse should be prepared to tell 20-30% of all students applying that financially they are not prepared to pay for their college education due to the burden of loans and should decline their acceptance until they can show an improved earning stream or have significant savings.

if students are saying they are too stupid to understand how loans work and can't repay them after college, then we need to have a system that limits their ability to get a loan.
Colleges need to have more responsibility in educating and helping students make fiscally good decisions in regards to their education while at the same time recognizing the current approach of tuition increases outpacing inflation by a wide margin is no longer sustainable for a growth model.

We have to accept that not every American student who has the educational merits qualifying them as such is financially capable of going to college, at least not immediately out of high school
your ideas are good. but they are all non-starters because they are unfeminist eCat. this load forgiveness, its just feminism. and the cardinal virtue of feminism is that women are never to be held accountable (meaning they don't have to pay their debts)

when you are a 21 year old girl and hot (the highest ranking you will ever have in the SMV, your "sexual-marketplace-value") then you are fucking Alpha McFuckly. He is a 10 just like you. Alpha McFuckly is also fucking all the 3s, the 4s, the 5s, the 6s, the 7s, and the 8s. He's just not telling the women that he is doing that.

but then 21 turns 31 and she is not hot anymore. she was a 10, now she is a 4. but she still has student loans and gobs and gobs of credit card debt. so now, she wants to marry a provider, a BETA provider. the Alphas are just hot but don't make money so you can't marry them, you just want to fuck them while you marry a pack mule that you do NOT want to fuck

the red pill term for this behavior (that has existed since the 1960s with feminism) is Alpha Fucks/Beta Bucks

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/alpha_fucks,_beta_bucks

what is happening now (with the $10,000 in "Biden forgiveness") is just feminists (who are not accountable with their debt) demanding that they find a husband to marry to make them "whole" on their debt. the only husband that will marry them, is Biden's government. thus, the federal government (that is you and I as taxpayers) have become the Beta Bucks husband to the 31 year old feminist with the gender studies degree (and the $127,000 in debt she accumulated to earn it) while she had "fun" for 4 years hopping up and down on Alpha McStudly dick

this is not rocket science. its just feminism
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:26 pm

Goddamn, you even turned this to "feminism." You must've been slapped around real bad by women, dude. Sad...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:28 pm

This is all just buying votes from educated young adults. The government already has existing programs where student loan debt goes away. You are only required to pay a certain percentage of your discretionary income (so like if despite your $150,000 degree, you're working in a coffee shop or whatever, you can get your minimum payment down to lik $75 or $100 or whatever the calculation would be). Then any amount that is not paid off after 25 years of these payments is automatically wiped out. And if you work for the government in some capacity, its only 10 years of payments before its wiped out.

The government wants to just give people $10,000 because this is a naked bribe. If they go about advertising the fact that you can just sign up for the existing federal student loan forgiveness programs, then all the real problem debt held by people in actual dire circumstances would just get wiped out with no votes gained.

This is another globalist vs nationalist, democrat vs republican example. The vast majority of this money is going to go to young people who are well off, and even the amounts that go to people not well off, its going to an educated, cosmopolitan city dwelling poor stuck in globalist service industries, while the true working class have to pay for it all, never having gained the benefit of the education money in the first place. It doesn't seem like a huge win for democrats among globalists either though, as it likely pisses off people that are highly educated and had to pay off their debts.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:28 pm

Whatever is below a "Beta Bucks," that's you. Luckily, I was an "Alpha Fucks." Sucks to be you...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:31 pm

"while the true working class have to pay for it all"

I like that idea. Make the dummies pay!!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:31 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:26 pm Goddamn, you even turned this to "feminism." You must've been slapped around real bad by women, dude. Sad...
its alpha fucks-beta bucks. that is a red pill term used to describe feral behavior that feminists tolerate so long as it is women that are doing it. you think men what this "loan forgiveness?" You are dreaming. They know that it is just their tax dollars that are sent to the bank to make her "whole" on the debt SHE accumulated on her gender studies degree
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:35 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:31 pm "while the true working class have to pay for it all"

I like that idea. Make the dummies pay!!
Oh, you'll be paying for it as well. Working class, "elites" (like yourself, lol) who have already been out for decades...they all pay. Snot nose 25 year olds with no problems but which bar they headed to on Thursday happy hour are the primary ones that will be "cashing out the checks."
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:37 pm

Also, I notice I dont hear any news about actually, you know, reforming the system. So whichever Democrat next gets elected king, will likely have to give away a new set of checks, probably worth $15 or $20,000 next time to make sure its bigger and better than last time, because the problem hasn't actually been solved. New people will still be having to borrow a shitload of money from the government to afford school.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:55 pm

"Snot nose 25 year olds with no problems but which bar they headed to on Thursday happy hour"

That pretty much describes me, except the 25 year old part...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:57 pm

When I was at Carolina, tuition was less than $1000 a semester for in state students. It was less than $3000 when the oldest daughter attended (about 6 or 7 years ago)...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:23 pm

Considering Trump added 7.8 trillion to our debt in 4 years and Biden will have reduced it by 1.8 trillion in 2, I'm ok with a few billion going to students working it off. If you're cool with bank bailouts, PPE write offs, record oil profits & tax cuts for the rich I don't understand the issue?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:25 pm

NC residents have it great compared to other states when it comes to college tuition, as long as its a state school. The most you pay is $4000 a semester with some of state schools are $1000 a semester or even free tuition. Not all can go to UNC, but there are really good state schools like App State, UNCC, UNCW.

You have these low income kids get talked into private schools that give them a scholarship. Problem is, even with the scholarship, it's like $20K a year. They go a year and a half, rack up debt, and realize they can't continue and quit to work at a cafe.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:52 pm

that's why I said loans should be capped at a % against the average tuition of a state school to eliminate the option of private schools leaving them to only the wealthy, grants or scholarships and to put pressure on state schools to lower prices.

its just too easy for a kid to move into a apartment on campus with washer/dryer, work out at the student center with indoor track and rock climbing wall, eat at one of the 7 on campus cafeterias with an all you can eat plan and go to games in the $400m on campus sports arena - its just too tempting for kids to buy in with a sign on the dotted line and start paying for it 5 years from now.

To an 18 year old kid, 5 years is a lifetime away.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:04 pm

I've still got an $800 Discover Card debt I'll never pay from 86. Suckers.