Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by sardis » Sat May 14, 2022 7:56 am

Even Joe’s supporters are turning on him.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 14, 2022 8:42 am

Maybe he can fake buy twitter next.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sat May 14, 2022 1:53 pm

He’s already got the Washington Post

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 14, 2022 2:18 pm

Might as well.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat May 14, 2022 6:11 pm

I'm lost on how making corporations pay taxes is going to do anything to inflation.

in what world would less money for a corporation lower prices for consumers?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat May 14, 2022 8:17 pm

eCat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:11 pm I'm lost on how making corporations pay taxes is going to do anything to inflation.

in what world would less money for a corporation lower prices for consumers?
DNC economics
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 14, 2022 8:38 pm

How bout we lower prices first and find out? Nope. Wall Street would have a fit. Lower profits all around.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 15, 2022 8:55 am

Sooooo....What will Republicans find today as a distraction?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 15, 2022 9:34 am

I love how people on FB and Twitter have this term called TDS. Trump Derangement Syndrome. They say people who hate him have it because he's been out of office for over a year now. But the fucker is still around. Especially down here on the border of SC & GA. Every person he's endorsed is pouring ads with him all over them for these damn primaries. Others who he hasn't endorsed use his picture anyway. No. That fucker is still around.

Vote Blue in 22. Finally Kill off the Trump Flu.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 15, 2022 10:39 am

Arizona. Enough said.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 15, 2022 12:44 pm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun May 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:39 am Arizona. Enough said.
I don't think anyone here actually believes in this "Great Replacement" nonsense rat. I know I don't.

That said, I don't really think it is possible that an 18 year old boy could be a white supremacist. He hasn't lived on the earth long enough to build up that kind of hate. But he is an adult and I do believe in capital punishment. Just try him, convict him, put a needle in his arm, stop his heart, and end his 18 year old life ASAP. The boy is a murderer.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sun May 15, 2022 2:55 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:55 am Sooooo....What will Republicans find today as a distraction?
The same way the libs did with the Waukesha attack.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun May 15, 2022 3:34 pm

I love how Kyle Rittenhouse was trending after this attack but they wouldn't talk about Waukesha

Kyle shooting white guys is a hate crime

The only hate crime is he hated getting his ass kicked by a pedophile
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 15, 2022 4:18 pm

sardis wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:55 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:55 am Sooooo....What will Republicans find today as a distraction?
The same way the libs did with the Waukesha attack.
gesundheit

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 15, 2022 8:46 pm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon May 16, 2022 12:47 am

innocentbystander wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:22 pm
I don't think anyone here actually believes in this "Great Replacement" nonsense rat. I know I don't.

That said, I don't really think it is possible that an 18 year old boy could be a white supremacist. He hasn't lived on the earth long enough to build up that kind of hate. But he is an adult and I do believe in capital punishment. Just try him, convict him, put a needle in his arm, stop his heart, and end his 18 year old life ASAP. The boy is a murderer.
Further evidence that this dimwit is far removed from reality.

I have seen racist, white supremacist types my entire life, and I knew of multiple dipshits who were Klan fanboys who bragged about attending the pathetic local Klan meetings in high school. One of the dipshits led a petition drive asking to be allowed to wear confederate flag clothing to school the year after I graduated, and he looked like the horse’s ass he was and is for it.

James happened to be at a table next to mine my senior year during lunch and went went on a rant one day talking about black people being on “welfare” and the like. Having known the dipshit for some time, I asked him what his mother did for a living. He told me she was disabled. I explained to him that disability is a form of government assistance — and thus “welfare” — and that I had seen his mother outside cutting the grass a few days prior, thus begging the question of whether she was disabled or faking it. Except I wasn’t so polite and was far more demeaning…
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 16, 2022 1:51 am

DooKSucks wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:47 am
innocentbystander wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Further evidence that this dimwit is far removed from reality.

I have seen racist, white supremacist types my entire life, and I knew of multiple dipshits who were Klan fanboys who bragged about attending the pathetic local Klan meetings in high school. One of the dipshits led a petition drive asking to be allowed to wear confederate flag clothing to school the year after I graduated, and he looked like the horse’s ass he was and is for it.

James happened to be at a table next to mine my senior year during lunch and went went on a rant one day talking about black people being on “welfare” and the like. Having known the dipshit for some time, I asked him what his mother did for a living. He told me she was disabled. I explained to him that disability is a form of government assistance — and thus “welfare” — and that I had seen his mother outside cutting the grass a few days prior, thus begging the question of whether she was disabled or faking it. Except I wasn’t so polite and was far more demeaning…
I never said that people weren't racist. I know they are. And I have known racists. But if you are just 18 years old, you don't know shit. And I call bullshit on this "Klan meetings in high school story." You are a lying sack of shit DS.

I actually have two very close, personal relationships with people who were truly racist. I'll spare you the details DS but the point being, in both cases, the individuals were PROUDLY racist. Like if you called them racist they would smile and say damn straight. That wouldn't hurt their feelings. You couldn't shame them.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon May 16, 2022 6:57 am

I remember growing up believe the ACLU was a well intentioned organization. Didn't like every hill they decided to die on but generally I believed they fought for Americans who never had anyone else fight for them.

But now? I don't who the ACLU is run by or who they think they represent but this group is a huge collection of the worst piece of shit individuals America has to offer.

They stay silent about topics that blaringly need their involvement due to playing politics and wade into fights that they shouldn't

The latest is now about the whole Amber Heard /Johnny Depp defamation trial. They pushed Amber, hell probably wrote it for her, to publish that op-ed and behind the scenes they are telling her to include Depp's name and call him out for greater impact - without doing any due diligence on whether she was factual or not. Now it turns out they said Heard made a $3.5m donation that was really made mostly by Elon Musk on behalf of Amber - and you can draw your own conclusion as to why Musk is making a multi-million donation on behalf of Amber Heard.

The group approached the actress to write an op-ed about gender-based violence and suggested that “she can interweave her personal story, saying how painful it is, as a GBV survivor,” an ACLU executive wrote in an email read in court. Despite the fact that Heard had been arrested for hitting ex-partner Tasya van Ree during an altercation at an airport in 2009 — an incident that was widely reported well before Heard became an ACLU ambassador — the group doubled down on its relationship with her. (Heard was not charged in the incident and van Ree later said the events were “misinterpreted and over-sensationalized.”) According to testimony in the defamation trial, the ACLU wound up writing the op-ed and pitched it to the Washington Post, with a member of the communications team writing, “Wondering if we might interest you in a piece by Amber Heard (who, as you may recall, was beaten up during her brief marriage to Johnny Depp), on what the incoming Congress can to do to help protect women in similar situations.”

this isn't about being a fanboy of Johnny Depp, this is about an organization that I once respected just lowering their standards to trying to win political points and grabbing headlines.

They are horrible now.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon May 16, 2022 7:01 am

I'm not the only one

It was supposed to be the celebration of a grand career, as the American Civil Liberties Union presented a prestigious award to the longtime lawyer David Goldberger. He had argued one of its most famous cases, defending the free speech rights of Nazis in the 1970s to march in Skokie, Ill., home to many Holocaust survivors.

Mr. Goldberger, now 79, adored the A.C.L.U. But at his celebratory luncheon in 2017, he listened to one speaker after another and felt a growing unease.

A law professor argued that the free speech rights of the far right were not worthy of defense by the A.C.L.U. and that Black people experienced offensive speech far more viscerally than white allies. In the hallway outside, an A.C.L.U. official argued it was perfectly legitimate for his lawyers to decline to defend hate speech.

Mr. Goldberger, a Jew who defended the free speech of those whose views he found repugnant, felt profoundly discouraged.

“I got the sense it was more important for A.C.L.U. staff to identify with clients and progressive causes than to stand on principle,” he said in a recent interview. “Liberals are leaving the First Amendment behind.”

--------------------
Not that long ago, this kind of thinking would be considered alien to the essential mission of the ACLU. But now, to progressives at the 101-year-old organization, free speech apparently is worth fighting for only when the cause is sufficiently woke.

This new attitude is causing considerable anguish among traditional free-speech liberals. Floyd Abrams, one of America’s preeminent First Amendment lawyers, told the Times: “The last thing they should be thinking about in a case is which ideological side profits. The ACLU that used to exist would have said exactly the opposite.”

It’s hard to pinpoint precisely when the ACLU took a hard-left turn but 2016 is a good place to start. When Donald Trump was elected, liberal lawyers at the ACLU filed some 400 lawsuits against his administration. “Its annual reports from 2017 to 2019 highlight its role as a leader in the resistance against President Donald J. Trump,” the Times reports. “But the words ‘First Amendment’ or ‘free speech’ cannot be found. Nor do those reports mention colleges and universities, where the most volatile speech battles often play out.”