Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:36 pm

there is going to be some serious f'ing outrage at Biden over this, espeically after his snarky bullshit yesterday.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:13 pm

sardis wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:23 pm Like I said, get used to hearing President Nancy Pelosi.
One step at a time.

Our fearless leader has yet to abdicate his throne. I doubt he goes willingly. They'll have to 25th his ass out, most likely. And that would mean that he must be impeached AND fired by the Senate (which is part of Section 1 of the 25th Amendment.)

Sections 2 and 3 have been used over the years when Presidents have gone under the knife and had surgery so the Vice acted as President. Those sections are not likely to apply here because the President must willingly abdicate (albeit temporarily.) That is not Joe.

So really its Section 1 (which they tried with Trump twice, and failed) or Section 4. What is Section 4 of the 25th? Good question.
Constitution of the United States of America wrote:Section 4
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
So if the democrats want to save face and they don't want to impeach "their guy" they are going to have to invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment in some capacity. I think this is the clause where POTUS goes insane or senile or what-not, the man doesn't want to leave but they have to get him out immediately. This never happened to Trump. They never got him out, not for one second.

Even still, Section 4 does require an impeachment vote AND a Senate vote to fire the man inside of 21 days. Or else, Joe's President again. Section 4 is not permanent.

I don't think there is anyway Harris or Pelosi are POTUS without the democrats impeaching and firing their own man. They have to do it. If they are unwilling to do it, then Joe stays. If the Republicans are unwilling to do it (maybe they'd rather senile Joe over the home-wrecking whore or the senile Pelosi) then it doesn't matter. They'll never get Joe out unless he dies.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:18 pm

there are some pretty graphic videos out on twitter of this.

12 servicemen dead by latest report. The white house has to be in meltdown mode right now
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:32 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:18 pm there are some pretty graphic videos out on twitter of this.

12 servicemen dead by latest report. The white house has to be in meltdown mode right now
As long as not one democrat on Capitol Hill blames the POTUS for any of this (and I don't think you'll find even one that does) then these 12 good men were simply sacrificed. And nothing changes. And the White House doesn't give a shit.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:25 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:36 pm there is going to be some serious f'ing outrage at Biden over this, espeically after his snarky bullshit yesterday.
What are you talking about?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:43 pm

The Afghanistan stuff and Biden and Psakis response to them are depressing. They dont appear to give a flying fuck whats happening to people much less about actually being competent
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:57 pm

What was the snarky bullshit?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:58 pm

"They dont appear to give a flying fuck whats happening to people much less about actually being competent"

That's exactly how I felt during Trump's entire term. Enjoy the next 3 1/2 years...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:05 pm

7 1/2

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:51 pm

Yeah, real comforting. As if I supported Trump and I’m just getting my just desserts? Get real, Biden is “Trump 2.0, Bluer and Badder!” and people are seemingly acting like its all going ok. I just don't even know…
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:01 am

I don't know about just desserts, but if you supported Trump while he was in offce (and voted for another 4 years of the same), then I really don't care what you think about Biden or anything else. You (I'm not necessarily referring to you, but rather the general "you") were not only OK with a raging, raving, narcissistic buffoon running shit (and running shit into the ground) but you actually loved it, so really any opinion you have about Biden or world events that are happening under his watch is moot as far as I'm concerned.

As far as Afghanistan in general, I don't really know that much about it, I saw a stat of how much reporting has been done on Afghanistan over the last 5 or 6 years and it was like 15 instances on the major networks (or something like that). Face it, nobody gives a shit about Afghanistan, we've had troops over there for 2 decades and I'm sure between drone attacks and outright firefights b/w our military and those supported by our military, we've killed thousands and thousands of Afghanis. I saw a stat where there have been far less than 100 American military casualties in the past 5 years. And now a suicide bomber terrorist blows himself up as we're getting out. What did you expect? How would you have stopped it? How do you ever stop such a thing, a fucking islamic nutcase who is willing to strap a bomb on himself? You can't. That doesn't mean that anybody is acting like "it's going OK," but I really don't give a shit about any mewling and gasping and pearl-clutching by anybody who supported Trump. Adults are in charge now, not king baby. Doesn't mean shit isn't going to get fucked up and not done perfectly, it's a big mean world out there full of people who hate us, and some with pretty good reason.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:56 am

Go find out about whats happened there and why. Or dont, I guess, whatever. However, we’re not talking basketball and I’m not some fucking Dook fan talking trash that needs to be dismissed. Just because I say something about Biden doesnt mean I love Trump. The absolute worst thing about this country right now is the absolute number of drones involved in shaping opinions on politics. Its disgusting. Go to twitter and search Biden and then search Trump and read the majority of that shit. 99% of the posts will be the same thing regurgitated over and over by #TeamRed or #TeamBlue drones (and many of them are literal ones, robots who start it all for propaganda purposes) and the real people are literally insane. You can tell by just reading what they claim to believe. The Q nutjobs get all the press but the liberals are just as far off the reservation.

None of that really has to do with Biden, but when he got elected, I assumed that at least there would be a professional politician in charge. It is clear to me he is not that. He is blundering his way through this crisis worse than any novice celebrity politician could. The office of the Presidency is dying before our eyes, IMO.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:59 am

no one gives a shit about Afghanistan

what they give a shit about is the 10K American citizens that the Biden administration stranded over there due to their incompetence.

and now, by creating a chaotic atmosphere at the Kabul airport, 13 marines have died in 1 day trying to manage that nightmare situation

The problem is they voted for Biden for no valid reason other than he wasn't Trump, and now we have a president that appears to be ill equipped to manage the challenges of the presidency.

The voters didn't give America a better option than Trump, they just gave them an incompetent replacement. No one should feel good about that.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:01 am

No one did

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:05 am

the decision to give up Bagram air force base created a bottle neck for refugees and Americans at the Kabul airport. Not having enough military to extend the perimeter and keep major checkpoints open allowed the Taliban and whoever else to determine who gets to the airport . It was tailor made for a terrorist attack claiming multiple lives.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:18 am

also I'd like to know how anyone here really suffered during the Trump presidency

All the mean tweets , lawsuits and impeachment bullshit aside, how did the Trump presidency make your life worse?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:27 am

Embarrassment

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:59 am

"However, we’re not talking basketball and I’m not some fucking Dook fan talking trash that needs to be dismissed. Just because I say something about Biden doesnt mean I love Trump."

That's why I said I wasn't talking about you but rather the general Trump supporter, and I stand by that. eCat asked what Trump did that made me suffer. Nothing I guess, but neither has Biden. None of what's happened the past few days in Afghanistan is making me suffer, even while I hate to see American military personal killed. But I'm not suffering personally b/c of it. Trump pulled out of Syria and abandoned the Kurds, I don't know if any US military died b/c of that but I'm sure plenty of Kurds, our staunchest allies in the region, did. But again, I'm not personally suffering b/c of that, but at the same time I don't like to see allies betrayed and hung out to dry and die.

The whole Middle East has always been a clusterfuck, it's not on Biden or Trump or any single president, it's been the entire US government and military policy to fuck around over there for decades. Either stay forever or get out completely. Trump talked about pulling all the troops out but he never did it, now Biden has. Wish it had gone smoother but I guess when you're leaving a country you've been occupying for 2 decades (kinda) it can get kinda messy. From what I understand we have gotten over 100,000 out of there. I don't think anybody is really going to care about this in 6 weeks, much less 6 months. The fambly's of the men who got killed by terrorists will care, of course, I'm talking about the American public. Just get out and stay out..

"The absolute worst thing about this country right now is the absolute number of drones involved in shaping opinions on politics. Its disgusting."

I agree with that..

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:02 am

Where was this new leader of the Taliban in 2018?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:07 am

I don’t remember our pullout of Iraq being this disfunctional. I think it was under Obama. At least he had competent advisors.

Anyway, we are relying on the Taliban to keep us safe while we evacuate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna12 ... ssion=true