innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:52 am

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:41 am
hedge wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:52 am
eCat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:26 am She is a result of politicians trying to be more Trump than Trump
Kinda sad but in all seriousness she could be the republican presidential nominee in 2024...
I can't seriously entertain that thought
I think it will be Ron DeSantis
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:54 am

Even better

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:07 am

where these asshats Trump wannabes are getting it wrong is most people - I say most, not all, don't want a foul mouthed twitter fueled idiot that appears in the mold of Trump

Trump got elected because - and this compelte truth - prior to running he did two things - one they polled the public on hot button issues, then they basically watched Fox News and every hot button issue that Fox would introduce, they would gauge conservative response.

Illegal Immigration has been largely ignored by both parties - the conservative base was fed up with it, and it was an issue that no other conservative would touch. Hell Rubio pushed for amnesty and he was a republican frontrunner. So Trump had a very calculated platform that wasn't his own, or probably wasn't even based on any of his core beliefs, it was based solely on what the conservative base wanted in a politician.

After immigration, the core base was vehemently against BLM and was more or less very pro Blue Line, again - conservatives wanted someone who would shut down a Ferguson type situation.

The last two things was basically repeal anything Obama did or was associated with doing - Obamacare, LBGTQ rights that overstepped boundaries (conservatives on the supreme court), and then address manufacturing.

those 5 things

immigration
manufacturing
stop riots
repeal Obamacare
pack the supreme court

was the Trump platform

and it was something you could watch on Fox News every night before Trump ever announced his running.

it was simplistic in its approach and also maddening to voters that their presidential front runners up to that point refused to be concise in addressing those issues.

I think people forget that when they look at these politicians who are all about the attack on progressives. Trump attacked the entire system. Union Democrats in Michigan and West Virginia had the same concerns as conservatives in right to work Alabama.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:12 am

I think Ron DeSantis is the obvious choice at the moment, but I believe he is being headhunted because of that. There were 5 other states with higher rates of transmission than Florida and Biden specifically went after DeSantis because he knows right now that's the guy he'd be facing in 2024 (or should I say Kamala will be facing in 2024).

So I think DeSantis will probably take 1 too many arrows in the back. I think it might be time for a strong female conservative candidate (no, not that crazy bitch we were just talking about). But the political landscape is going to change between now and early 2023. I think Rand Paul will be in the mix, I think Crenshaw will be pushed to run (he has no chance as he now has a rep of being against 2A), and you have Noem and Haley in the wings trying to figure out how to be relevant post covid.

Also right now is dangerous time because no one knows if Trump will run again, and while I am personally done with Trump, you can't argue against a man who still has thousands of people show up his rally's and has major influence over voters. Until its obvious to everyone that Trump doesn't retain the same level of influence in the party, all the politicians have to walk on eggshells.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:44 am

hedge wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:13 am Classy...

She's a looney toon.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:09 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:12 am So I think DeSantis will probably take 1 too many arrows in the back. I think it might be time for a strong female conservative candidate (no, not that crazy bitch we were just talking about).
Elise Stefanik?

She'll only be 40 in 2024. I think she is way too young to be POTUS but that does check your boxes. She has the education and the conservative credentials. She is very married and very pregnant at the moment. And she isn't crazy. I've listened to her thunder away at people in the congressional hearings, she is wise. But if she wants to step up her game a bit, she needs to start thinking on her feet and ask questions as opposed to reading a script.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Haley and Noem I think are going to get vetted first.

Also, Tim Scott will probably get some run as a diversity candidate. Its so tough for an African American to run as a conservative because if he doesn't put black issues at the forefront of his campaign then he is considered a sell out to the minority community. I think the Republican Party is ready for a black candidate if his messaging is more about the content of your character and nothing at all about the color of your skin

If anyone thinks an establishment white candidate has any chance to be the republican nominee, this says it all

"A Gallup poll last March found Romney, 74, has a higher approval rating among Democrats than Republicans, so you might figure he doesn’t have a prayer in taking his party’s nomination again. A February Morning Consult poll, though, had Romney polling ahead of Republicans like Pompeo, Cotton and Hawley. "

If you are a white male, it looks like you have to be an outlier to D.C. Politics to have any chance.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:51 pm

I see where Biden is relieving student debt for some people

nothing like a foreign policy disaster to turn your attention to domestic issues

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:56 pm

"I can't seriously entertain that thought"

I can. And I suspect some in here would vote for her...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:30 pm

Over Biden? yes.

Just like you would vote for Maxine Waters over Mitt Romney.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:32 pm

I think it's still DeSantis.

Noem got brutalized because she caved to the NCAA on the transgender athlete issue, and Haley, although I like her, is felt to have betrayed Trump in her book.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:44 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:51 pm I see where Biden is relieving student debt for some people

nothing like a foreign policy disaster to turn your attention to domestic issues
I made a girl cry once (unknowingly) about student debt relief. Bear with me.

I was working as a contractor for a small government agency. One of the employees of the agency was working very closely with me, getting me requirements for a project I was on. She was waaaaaayyyyy too honest and open about some aspect of her life that she should have kept private as they were so personal (and possibly, disparaging unto herself.) One such aspect was her willingness to work for this government agency for no other reason than to welsh on her tens of thousands of student loan debt. Apparently, she never really actually intended to pay off any of her debt. She never felt like that was her responsibility. So she went out of her way to find a job in government that would pay the debt. According to the laws written way before the Trump administration, if you work in some government agencies for more than 10 years, then all of your student loans are "forgiven." So she was bragging to me about how she was willing to be "underpaid" for 7 years because in just 3 more years, all of her student loan debt (of which she was only making interest payments) would be "forgiven." I corrected her with the following comment:
Well, your debt isn't forgiven. Your lender is going to be made whole on all that money. All that happens is the bank that loaned you all that money for your school, the taxpayer is now in the hook for the debt. The taxpayer pays off your loans to the bank.
And then I went about my business and forgot about that conversation. A couple hours later I had a question on an interface requirement so I popped into her offer and there she was, crying. She was crying and her face was all red and puffy and I asked what was wrong, was she hurt, did she get some bad news, what was happening? Apparently, my comments were so hurtful that she couldn't do work for the rest of the day. My comments made her cry and made her uncomfortable. She told she couldn't work with me anymore because she didn't feel safe around me.

Word made it up the chain of command. I think it two weeks later I was ordered off that contract. I could never return to consult at that agency. LOL!

People are so damn sensitive.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:08 pm

sardis wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:30 pm Over Biden? yes.

Just like you would vote for Maxine Waters over Mitt Romney.
I would definitely vote for Romney over Maxine Waters...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:12 pm

"Well, your debt isn't forgiven. Your lender is going to be made whole on all that money. All that happens is the bank that loaned you all that money for your school, the taxpayer is now in the hook for the debt. The taxpayer pays off your loans to the bank."

So basically you have Asberger's syndrome. I kinda figured...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:21 pm

I only wish I has Asperger's syndrome. Then maybe I'd be stinking rich like everyone else who has it:

Mark Zuckerberg
Dr Mike Burry
David Neeleman
Anthony Hopkins

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:28 pm

You have no human feelings...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:44 pm

facts don't care about your feelings hedge

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Half of texags has been posting “whats the false flag domestic terror event goaded by the FBI to distract from Afghanistan gonna be” over the past 4 days and now this nutjob with a bomb at the Capitol or whatever actually does show up.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:39 pm

and of course he goes by 3 names

ID'd As Floyd Ray Roseberry Of NC...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:43 pm

He's from Grover, NC, that's right on the border of SC..