Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Texas A&M Aggies

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Saban might even bring back Colt McCoy for the 2013 BCSCG. Colt never had a chance to play in 2010.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by GBJs » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:A bidding war between Texas and the REC for Saban would be interesting to watch. The Longhorns could simply crank up their oil wells to maximum capacity and come up with the billions necessary.

OTOH, the REC would have to impose a 25% surtax on all income and property in the state of Alabama to keep up. Most Alabamians would be glad to pay it if it keeps Saban in Tuscaloosa.
1)...it's obvious they can't do that or we'd be swimming in the shit right now instead of paying $3.5 / gallon at the pump. The more they produce, the less valuable it is, so soon they'd all be working at Wal-Mart.

2)...not income, just property. God isn't making any more dirt 'round here so it's value will not falter. More proof that it must be His plan for Saban to continue his dominant run until he retires to the lake house.
Worth. Every. Cent.

GBJs
Senior

Post by GBJs » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Image
"Mack, you better bring some body besides that QB... pussy does not belong on the football field."
Worth. Every. Cent.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:56 am

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:37 am

I would like to welcome TAMU to the SEC by filling their first schedule with nothing but SEC teams -all 12 games played at College Station and designate 8 of the games as "official SEC" games for the purpose of standings.

It would be a nice welcome and the extra revenue would more than pay the Aggies exit fee to the BigXII.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

I remember back when Baylor was paying Perryman group for economic impact studies and using it to lobby based on thousands and thousands of jobs all across the state being lost because A&M wouldnt be in the Big 12 and now today there is this from their AD...
As for the Aggies perhaps playing another soon-to-be former Big 12 mate in Baylor, Bears athletic director Ian McCaw said via email Monday, "At this time, our future non-conference football schedules are filled through 2020. With regard to scheduling Texas A&M in other sports, it will be considered on a sport-by-sport basis."
First off, no way in hell A&M wants to play Baylor in football home and home, so I'm not sure why this is even coming up. However, I do like how it suddenly doesnt seem like such a big deal to lose all those games.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:46 am

The entire BigXII has gotten pissy about this. What's funny to me is that A&M seems to get harsher treatment that any of the others. I don't remember as much of an uproar about the Buffs and Huskers. And let's not forget conferences change. Arkie and SoCar to the SEC. Years ago, Tulane and GaTech outta the SEC and the Big8/SWC deal that left several teams out in the cold. The recent VT, BC additions to the ACC and Utah, BYU, TCU, etc, etc, etc...
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 am

One of the hilarious things is that a couple of our coaches are saying that prospects are telling them that Big 12 coaches are saying they'll never play in Texas anymore if they go to Texas A&M.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Well, maybe those coaches mean that 'they'll never play Texas again' - which may turn out to be true.
— Abraham Lincoln

GBJs
Senior

Post by GBJs » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 am

Dear Aggie

It saddens me that a future conference mate lost to the ass hat Longwhorns. I hope it's not multiple seasons before aTm / Tejas play again as the rivalry should continue.

It gives me hope for our first conference meeting, that your defense could suck peanut coated turds through a coffee straw. Please maintain that level of competence for the next several seasons.
Worth. Every. Cent.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Texas got a gift.

bastards
Let 'er Blow!

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:21 am

GBJs wrote:Dear Aggie

It saddens me that a future conference mate lost to the ass hat Longwhorns. I hope it's not multiple seasons before aTm / Tejas play again as the rivalry should continue.

It gives me hope for our first conference meeting, that your defense could suck peanut coated turds through a coffee straw. Please maintain that level of competence for the next several seasons.
The Texas/A&M game means more to A&M as a rivalry, primarily because Texas has a significant rivalry with Oklahoma and the Aggies do not have another rivalry. Over time, I think LSU will or could be a big rival. LSU also doesn't have a big rivalry in the SEC with someone who also doesn't have a big rival. Apparently, A&M approached Texas about keeping the rivalry going with OOC games and the Longhorns refused.
My Dad is my hero still.

JRB
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by JRB » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:36 am

It saddens me that A&M lost due in part to that godawful late hit call on Texas' last drive. I thought that was one of the worst calls I've seen all year.
"Reserving judgements is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:09 am

It was a bad call. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but that was funny.
— Abraham Lincoln

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Texas is done with putting up pretenses. Every move they make will reek of unashamed greed from here on out. They already have set straight the remaining members of the conference and told them to go fuck themselves if they don't agree with Texas taking a disproportionate share of the loot. No doubt they will "punish" A&M and refuse to play and "encourage" conference mates to do the same.

The Big12 is scrambling to find a replacement Thanksgiving game. Texas has already demanded from the conf, and probably will receive, that they be allowed to play AT HOME every single year on Thanksgiving/Thanksgiving weekend.

GBJs
Senior

Post by GBJs » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:22 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:It was a bad call. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but that was funny.
It was a horrible call BUT...

It looked like the defensive player caught him on the chin with his helmet. It certainly wasn't intentional, he was trying to miss him. But the players are responsible for controlling themselves.

Awfully hard to call helmet to helmet for something like that though when much worse happens every snap between the trenches.
Worth. Every. Cent.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:57 pm

The word "initiates" is in the rule, which to me means that it has to be intentional to be a penalty.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Is that the college rule? It certainly isn't the way it's called in the pros.
My Dad is my hero still.

Bonfired
Freshman

Post by Bonfired » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:14 am

I wonder when the 2012 conference schedule will be released. If the league stays at 8 conference games, we'll play most teams from the East about twice a decade. I think the SEC goes to 9 league games before long.